Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Gotta do what we gotta do."
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"The full one-month lockdown ends today 2nd December and the three-tier system begins…"
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Restrictions have increased in most places, Ian. Fine by us!"
4 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"How's everyone bearing up? It seems greater restrictions are the order of the day in Europe,…"
5 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion GOP Overtly Turned Against the Will of the People in the group Humans of Earth and One Sore Loser Named Scump News
"A detailed examination of range voting (score voting), and comparisons to other voting systems…"
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and One Sore Loser Named Scump News
"We need more cartograms like that, especially in connection with politics and elections.…"
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"On killing in large numbers while in uniform becoming somehow noble and glorious, veteran war…"
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Not to mention their gawd thing is the biggest abortionist of all."
8 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Pro-life is you are on his side otherwise you are damned"
9 hours ago
Miles Brandon updated their profile
14 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their…"
14 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Good one!"
20 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Science!
"US update 30th November "
20 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Science!
"UK update, 30th November"
20 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"WOTMQ: Want"
yesterday
mario barker updated their profile
yesterday
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and One Sore Loser Named Scump News
"Population Cartegram of Canada  "
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"For those who cannot read Mr. Mackesy's handwriting, it says: "What is the bravest…"
yesterday
cal bates updated their profile
yesterday
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Loren that sounds so familiar. In fact, if you succeed at killing more of the enemy, you get…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is the place to archive any tips you might have concerning vegetarian dishes.

The thought that comes to mind that makes my dishes better is the addition of olive oil just before serving, or adding just before cooking. It gives the richness that is needed to replace meat or dairy products.

Just before serving a stew or soup, I drizzle a little good olive oil on the dish. Whenever I make pizza, the last ingredient added is olive oil, sprinkled over the cheese and vegetables. Takes the place of animal fats that cook into the pizza and improves the taste greatly.

When I make tzatziki, I always finish with a drizzle of olive oil on top. Same with hummus, the same with many dishes.

Share. =)

Views: 119

Replies to This Discussion

LOL. the olive oil addition would have been my first tip too. A bottle of extra-virgin olive oil is always on our dinner table, no matter what we're eating.
great minds...

Another tip is to not use canned beans if you don't have to. The flavor of hummus is totally different when you start from scratch, much more depth.

This hummus made from scratch and tastes better than any middle eastern restaurant's fare in the area.

Nutritional yeast. A natural way for vegans to supplement their dietary needs. I'm thinking of giving it a try, has anyone used this?

Reading up on it, seems a common way to imbibe would be to sprinkle on popcorn, any other simple uses?

I've never used it myself, but I give yeast to my dogs, LOL!

I'm willing to give it a try.  I like the yeasty taste in stuff (like dough).

Hey, where do you buy the nutritional yeast? I LOVE kale!
I've made Kale Chips a few times.  They are tasty and satisfy a craving for something crispy and salty.  Healthy too.

If you use fresh ginger like I do, the best way to store is to peel all the ginger, stick it in a freezer bag and then into the freezer. Works perfectly.

Try this recipe -  Healthy Pasta Sauce
INGREDIENTS
1 medium brown onion
1 – 2 cloves of garlic
2 – 3 sticks celery
1 large carrot
1 large or 2 small zucchini
half a small capsicum. Green or red is fine.
1 bottle store-bought passata sauce.
olive oil for cooking
Delicious!

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service