Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen Brodie commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"This was London's Greenwich on Saturday  And this was outside the famous Abbey Road…"
6 minutes ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Meteorologists in DK are no longer shy about saying 'climate change' and global…"
42 minutes ago
Davy commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"I know that both we Aussies and our mates across the pond from us use arse instead of ass. We also…"
1 hour ago
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"A very  Happy Birthday Joan. Though the congratulations for the day be very belated the wish…"
1 hour ago
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Ian That is very similar to how it was when I arrived here nigh on twenty years ago. When I first…"
1 hour ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"10 years ago we had about a week of snow every winter, and now it's news if there's a…"
2 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Very little snow in Denmark so far this year, just constant cloud and rain. 10 years ago there was…"
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Unbelievable I know, & the little bit we did have is long gone."
4 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"No snow in BC, Mrs. B? How is that possible?"
4 hours ago
Chris B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Here we have something called kinderpindakaas - child peanut butter - but not one child in the jar!…"
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Which still sounds like a mistake in labeling."
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"He also had a lot of health issues."
7 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"Larry King: US talk show host dies weeks after testing positive for COVID-19 King's career…"
7 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"True. But in this case, a pack of four muffins labelled with pictures of blueberries. Ones I had a…"
7 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"No shock. Try examining Temptations cat treat ingredients. Salmon with no salmon, beef with no…"
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Well we have none this year."
8 hours ago
"Sounds to me like the thing was mislabeled."
8 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"They are predicting heavy snow showers for tomorrow(Sunday) over much of England and perhaps even…"
8 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"That sounds good, but to not find a trace of fruit is just ridiculous "
9 hours ago
"When I make blueberry muffins, I always add more fruit than called for....same with pancakes."
10 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Now that is cool!

I knew Hadfield was not your run-of-the-mill astronaut - he's rather flamboyant as Canadians go - but this is really funny.

--------------------

NEWS JANUARY 04, 2013

One of the most wired astronauts in the history of space travel, Cmdr. Chris Hadfield, and a fellow Canadian, actor and make-believe starship captain William Shatner, had a Twitter exchange today that excited nerds across the globe.

Hadfield is well known for his consistent coverage of his workplace (space) and frequent Twitpics of his home (Earth) on social media. Shatner, best known for playing the 24th century Capt. James T. Kirk inStar Trek, was inspired to ask him, “Are you tweeting from space?

“Yes,” replied Hadfield, “Standard Orbit, Captain. And we’re detecting signs of life on the surface.” As of this writing, that tweet had more than 3,100 retweets and 1,900 favorites, and climbing.

Later Hadfield tweeted about this gem from the CSA's Chris Hadfield World Tour Photo Challenge:

This was all cool enough, even for those who aren’t full-tilt, nonstop nerd bombs. (Let’s not even talk about how the maple leaf patches on the commander’s space suit Twitter avatar evoke Dr. McKay’s insignia on Atlantis.) But then, the Canadian Space Agencygot involved, inviting Shatner to the agency to chat with Hadfield live from space. "We'd love to show you around,” said the agency via its Twitter account.

After finding out Hadfield will be in space until May, Shatner replied, “I can't make any promises but I will see what I can do.”

Should Shatner make his way to CSA headquarters in near Montreal, Quebec, and live chat with Hadfield, nerds the world over will collapse in fits of glee.

Views: 315

Replies to This Discussion

Way too cool. Jo and I are enjoying; she's a Trekkie.

I noticed that he said 'We're detecting signs of life on the surface.'   Not 'We're detecting signs of intelligent life on the surface.'      :D

I love it!!

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service