Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Just had a look for drought conditions, but there is nothing updated to anything recent."
44 minutes ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Let's hope so. This country dries out, despite half of it being below sea level."
55 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I haven't checked how the drought is, but we have had a lot of rain. I just don't know if…"
2 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Looks like a dry summer for you, Patricia."
2 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Terence Meaden's blog post Holy Book Blunders
"And pi is 3, and animals can be bred with striped or spotted coats by showing the parents the…"
4 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Terence Meaden's blog post Holy Book Blunders
"“Are bats mammals or birds?If you said mammal, better guess again!According to god, they are…"
5 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Terence Meaden's blog post Holy Book Blunders
"Sadly for me I partake in at least four of the five no's from Leviticus. I won't tell you…"
5 hours ago
Stephen Brodie replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Religious Justification to Overthrow Democracy in the group Right Wing Whackos
"In the UK the most effective argument countering these religious extremists often comes from other…"
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Religious Justification to Overthrow Democracy in the group Right Wing Whackos
"I heard about some wingnut insisting that Donald Trump took on the form of Joe Biden to win the…"
7 hours ago
Terence Meaden posted blog posts
7 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Catching up to the earlier threads -- Good thing Girl Scout Cookies aren't, as Wednesday…"
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"Exactly!"
7 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"Larry King has died. And also, in the last year or so, McCoy Tyner. Little Richard. John…"
7 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
"These outstanding photos and articles stimulate my interests even as I have not read this string…"
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
"Family portraits?"
9 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
""Geologist Finds Rare Formation Inside Rock That Looks Exactly Like Cookie Monster on Sesame…"
9 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Yeah exactly right. When I criticise religion I'm not stopping them from believing, I'm…"
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I don't ever recall finding comfort in church, or religion."
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"Looks like Williams Lake normally does, after 7 p.m. hahahaha...."
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Depending on where you are in Canada seems to dictate which. My ancestry is British, & that…"
12 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

...the number of new COVID-19 cases reported on a Sunday or Monday—data that are actually collected on Saturday and Sunday—is typically several percentage points below the weekly average. Holidays tend to bring the same delays as weekends, and Thanksgiving combines a long weekend with a holiday ... Any immediate post-holiday spike, driven by data delays, should not be conflated with the rise in cases that could follow still later, driven by new infections incubated by holiday travel and gatherings. The bulk of Thanksgiving-related COVID-19 deaths will likely come around Christmas... “That could potentially delay the reporting even more,” she says. “We may not really have a full picture of what happened post-Thanksgiving until sometime in January.” [emphasis mine]

Pandemic Data Are About to Go Sideways

Views: 13

Replies to This Discussion

Trumps apostle Boris Johnson has told the British People that because of the second lockdown he will be able to relax the rules over Christmas so that we can all celebrate the holidays normally, this is a totally political move to appease the British peoples desire to quite naturally celebrate Xmas with their friends and family. At the same time, he admits the scientists have warned him that by doing this there will be a large spike in cases and deaths as a direct result of his actions. 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service