Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Ian, Safe journey and a wonderful adventure with your daughter's family. "
18 minutes ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I'm taking the chance and going off to see my daughter and her family for a couple of days. My…"
1 hour ago
"The Danish government sold its vaccine production company to the Saudi royal family a couple of…"
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Politics should not be in our medical care."
1 hour ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"As a supporter of the EU and one who voted to stay, I'm upset at the political bickering…"
2 hours ago
"Canada is now building a facility, but it won't be up & running until 2023! Thanks to…"
4 hours ago
"Are we not able to use Artificial Intelligence on such a complex problem as vaccine…"
5 hours ago
"Are there no leaders in this pandemic?  Who decides the distributions? Why is the US not…"
5 hours ago
"Yes, I did hear, & frankly, I'm sick of everything being about money, & politics."
7 hours ago
"Did you hear on the news that Italy and the EU have banned all exports of vaccines  France…"
7 hours ago
"Yeah, well the powers that be are in control of it, so for now, we old farts aren't in line…"
8 hours ago
"Fact check: the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine’s effectiveness in older people New data suggests…"
8 hours ago
"Canada isn't even offering it to seniors, so for now it's not on our table. They are…"
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
"Even though the EU has made a U-turn regarding the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine some people in Europe…"
8 hours ago
"With Pfiser so difficult to store, & AstraZeneca not recommened for seniors, this at least…"
9 hours ago
"Nice, Mrs B. We've been told over here that even when it's approved there won't be…"
9 hours ago
"Yaaaaay indeed. Now perhaps Canada can get a move on and vaccinate the country's most…"
9 hours ago
"Yaaaaay........ COVID-19 vaccine made by Johnson & Johnson is first single-dose vaccine to…"
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group AGING ATHEISTS
"My frequency is during the night....most annoying when I already have a sleep deprivation issue.…"
9 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

"... INC Christianity is significantly changing the religious landscape in America – and the nation's politics – by providing an unorthodox theology to promote conservative Christians rising to power in all realms of society. It is the fastest-growing Christian group in America."

How a growing Christian movement of self-proclaimed 'prophets' gave...

... as a scholar of religion, I argue that a particular segment of white evangelicalism that my colleague Richard Flory and I call Independent Network Charismatic, or INC, has played a unique role in providing a spiritual justification for the movement to overturn the election which resulted in the storming of the Capitol.

INC Christianity is a group of high-profile independent leaders who are detached from any formal denomination and cooperate with one another in loose networks.

INC promotes a form of Christian nationalism the primary goal of which is not to build congregations or to convert individuals, but to bring heaven or God's intended perfect society to Earth by placing “kingdom-minded people" in powerful positions at the top of all sectors of society, the so-called “seven mountains of culture" comprising government, business, family, religion, media, education and arts/entertainment.

They see Trump as fulfilling God's plan to place “kingdom-minded" leaders in top government positions, including Cabinet members and Supreme Court appointments.

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

That's been a worrying trend for quite some time but Trump has eccelerated it. Where are the saner Christian voice's?

And what about the more mainstream Christian teaching of obeying civil authority because it was instituted by God? (Yes, that includes equality and civil rights laws and regulations enacted by Democrats! Who can say those aren't part of God's plan? :-)

Over on Hemant Mehta's Friendly Atheist site, I read about the above-mentioned "Christian prophets" almost on a daily basis.  Their constant tattoo of proclamations about how Trump is ordained by god and his supposed sterling leadership will bring about the Second Coming is in not quite equal parts laughable and disturbing.  What is even more disquieting are the numbers of followers people like Kat Kerr and Dave Daubenmire maintain.  I will guarantee you that those people could be found among the mob that stormed the Capitol on 6 January, 2021, and the same brand of Christian fanatic that I warned President Biden about in my recent letter to him.

These people may not represent a large portion of the US population, but make no mistake: they are numerous enough to be dangerous.  At some level or other, action must be taken to address them and their shared delusion.

I heard about some wingnut insisting that Donald Trump took on the form of Joe Biden to win the election. Delusion indeed!

Hahahaha. So Biden is Trump's double?

In the UK the most effective argument countering these religious extremists often comes from other religious people, especially those more Liberal members of the Church of England. They definitely dismiss anything coming from us Atheists. But thankfully we don't have as many of those dingbats here in the UK 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service