Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Oh hell. As I was tired I decided to go to bed early but I should have known better. My head was on…"
32 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Much better!!!!"
3 hours ago
"Or least I look like Wurzel Gummidge rather that than Boris."
4 hours ago
"Holy crap!!!!! Don't look like him of all people!!!!"
5 hours ago
"Chris B the barbers opening can't come a moment too soon. I usually have my hair cut very…"
5 hours ago
"Yeah and I've seen the results and very nice indeed. A real stunning result  Mrs.B"
5 hours ago
"Using this one now, & I quite like it. $22 for a pack of three."
6 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Colouring - red henna."
6 hours ago
"I cut my hair for over 30 years, the began hairdressers when I started pension.....now back to…"
8 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTM: Jordan Peterson Must Be A Genocidal Maniac"
9 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"Thanks Randall I too have been watching some American sports on TV and apart from…"
12 hours ago
Randall Smith commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"Congrats, Stephen. Knowing you're a fan, I've been paying attention to them."
13 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"...it is not to be understood that I am with him [Jesus] in all his doctrines. I am a Materialist,…"
14 hours ago
Chris B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Then I want scientific proof that their god exists before anything is decided."
18 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thank you, Patricia! That's a beautiful cake! Birthdays are very quiet here nowadays, as…"
18 hours ago
"Happy Birthday Chris!"
19 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Oh great...."
19 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"That letter to Menoeceus is one beautiful piece of art."
20 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Should God Get a Vote During Jury Deliberations? Friendly Atheist  A major legal case hinges…"
20 hours ago
Charlotte Gale updated their profile
21 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

"... INC Christianity is significantly changing the religious landscape in America – and the nation's politics – by providing an unorthodox theology to promote conservative Christians rising to power in all realms of society. It is the fastest-growing Christian group in America."

How a growing Christian movement of self-proclaimed 'prophets' gave...

... as a scholar of religion, I argue that a particular segment of white evangelicalism that my colleague Richard Flory and I call Independent Network Charismatic, or INC, has played a unique role in providing a spiritual justification for the movement to overturn the election which resulted in the storming of the Capitol.

INC Christianity is a group of high-profile independent leaders who are detached from any formal denomination and cooperate with one another in loose networks.

INC promotes a form of Christian nationalism the primary goal of which is not to build congregations or to convert individuals, but to bring heaven or God's intended perfect society to Earth by placing “kingdom-minded people" in powerful positions at the top of all sectors of society, the so-called “seven mountains of culture" comprising government, business, family, religion, media, education and arts/entertainment.

They see Trump as fulfilling God's plan to place “kingdom-minded" leaders in top government positions, including Cabinet members and Supreme Court appointments.

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

That's been a worrying trend for quite some time but Trump has eccelerated it. Where are the saner Christian voice's?

And what about the more mainstream Christian teaching of obeying civil authority because it was instituted by God? (Yes, that includes equality and civil rights laws and regulations enacted by Democrats! Who can say those aren't part of God's plan? :-)

Over on Hemant Mehta's Friendly Atheist site, I read about the above-mentioned "Christian prophets" almost on a daily basis.  Their constant tattoo of proclamations about how Trump is ordained by god and his supposed sterling leadership will bring about the Second Coming is in not quite equal parts laughable and disturbing.  What is even more disquieting are the numbers of followers people like Kat Kerr and Dave Daubenmire maintain.  I will guarantee you that those people could be found among the mob that stormed the Capitol on 6 January, 2021, and the same brand of Christian fanatic that I warned President Biden about in my recent letter to him.

These people may not represent a large portion of the US population, but make no mistake: they are numerous enough to be dangerous.  At some level or other, action must be taken to address them and their shared delusion.

I heard about some wingnut insisting that Donald Trump took on the form of Joe Biden to win the election. Delusion indeed!

Hahahaha. So Biden is Trump's double?

In the UK the most effective argument countering these religious extremists often comes from other religious people, especially those more Liberal members of the Church of England. They definitely dismiss anything coming from us Atheists. But thankfully we don't have as many of those dingbats here in the UK 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service