Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen left a comment for Loren Miller
"Happy birthday Loren. I do hope you have a nice day."
1 hour ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Butler said before any war, people should cast ballots. Those who vote yes must be the first to be…"
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Oh yeah!"
2 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Doone. I don't find those numbers very reassuring, it's great that Biden's voting…"
4 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Talented kid, for sure! And after some bass, how about some epic low BRASS! And while…"
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Anyone for a little bass?"
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Washington (CNN)President-elect Joe Biden's margin over President Donald…"
12 hours ago
Davy commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Formerly when great fortunes were only made in war, war was business ; but now when great fortunes…"
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"He's the epitome of ugly."
14 hours ago
Chris B commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"Fantastic!"
17 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Almighty God, I am sorry I am now an atheist, but have You read Nietzsche? -- John Fante, Ask…"
20 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"This is a man who makes fun of other people's appearance. "
21 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Systemic Racism - Contact Legislators in the group All things #TrumpSewer
"I agree, and I have my representative and senators' phone #s ready with my script written."
21 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Open Society University Network: Local and global issues
"Stephen, the sixties were a tumultuous time, with the Civil Rights Movement in full swing,…"
21 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Systemic Racism - Contact Legislators in the group All things #TrumpSewer
"I've called my congresscritters' offices, telling the Republican senator that the…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Works for me!"
yesterday
Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"Awesome!!  This ESA Gaia animation shows the proper motions of 40,000 stars, all located…"
yesterday
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and One Sore Loser Named Scump News
"Saw This on Twitter - BLOAT - Biggest Loser of ALL Time"
yesterday
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"(Correction: that recording of War is a Racket was read by John Greenman.)"
yesterday
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"An actual quote from War is a Racket: The only way to smash this racket is to conscript…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This has the feel of  Republican coup to me. 

Top intelligence office informs congressional committees it'll no l...

“The Office of the Director of National Intelligence has informed the House and Senate Select Committees on Intelligence that it'll no longer be briefing on election security issues, a senior administration official told CNN. It'll provide written updates, the official said.”

This kneecaps the legislature's power to oversee election security. They won't  be able to even ask questions. 

I've written to my Senators and Congressman, urging them to defend the legislature’s right to election security oversight, saying this sounds like the opening move of a coup.

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like they are tired of accountability.

Democratic members of Congress are indeed screaming bloody murder about the DNI's abdication of duty. Still, for those of us in the States, our congresscritters of either party need to hear from us about it.

I remember the Indivisible Guide, written by former congressional staffers, emphasizing that as a rule, politicians have three primary goals:

1. Reelection
  2. Reelection
  3. Reelection

And that goes for selfless idealistic ones as well! They want to stay in office to keep pursuing their goals. (The rest of the guide was commentary, on how to take advantage of that.)

Ergo, politicians need to at least pretend to care about their constituents.

I've heard from a few different sources that individual phone calls, letters, and emails to politicians do have an impact, much more than petitions or form letters from an organized campaign.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service