Latest Activity

Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Great quote!"
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Well I guess that is rocket science....hahahahahaha"
3 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Boris Johnson struggles with umbrella at police memorial unveiling I'm almost 100% certain…"
5 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Bring me my barf bucket please."
6 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Oh, SWELL ... [smh!]"
6 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
""I work at a hotel and got this review from a guest who was here to record a Christian…"
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Been a subscriber for years, & have also posted some of his videos."
11 hours ago
"Hey Loren I've been clued into Trae Crowder, the Liberal Redneck for years…"
17 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Hey, gang.  Sorry to break in on the discussion, but I thought this was worth your…"
18 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity. -- Maajid Nawaz, Islam and the Future…"
19 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thanks all! Luca sends love - she's the woman in the dark dress."
yesterday
Grinning Cat commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Chris, that's great news! I hope everything goes well for Luca!"
yesterday
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Rape in the third degree. (1) A person is guilty of rape in the third degree when, under…"
yesterday
"Rape in the second degree. *** CHANGE IN 2021 *** (SEE 5177.SL) *** (1) A person is guilty of rape…"
yesterday
"Rape in the first degree. (1) A person is guilty of rape in the first degree when such person…"
yesterday
"Rape as defined WA State Law  Nowhere is gender indicated in these…"
yesterday
"That's great news  Chris B please give Luca my best wishes."
yesterday
" Chris B you and your friends have found a lovely shaded and sun-speckled wood."
yesterday
"I think it's a pigeon just photographed at an awkward angle but…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Richard Levison's photo
Thumbnail

Raelian Wisdom!

"Nobody here on AU would demand you take your post down. But I can't help but see in both the…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Questions

The following questions are questions that I've been thinking upon for a long time what are your thoughts on the questions and Why!

I'll set them so that you can reply to each question separately.

Views: 540

Replies to This Discussion

Whose time is worth more?

The farm labourer or the educated person working in the city?

The tradesperson working in a factory or the scientist working in their labs?

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'worth more'.  In terms of market-economics, supply and demand determines the wages allotted for each of these people.  If you are thinking in more esoteric terms then the 'value of time' becomes much more ambiguous and difficult to nail down.

I'm not sure these are comparable. In terms of money, average income will tell you. In terms of social weight, perhaps it is more an issue of precedence. No farm laborer, no food, no cities. Without scientists, no factories.

These functions are part of a network, interdependent on one another, each with its own measure of worth. Some tasks might be more vital than others but mostly all of them are required for big societies like ours to function.

I second Michel's response. It really depends how you define "worth," as in, can we survive without one but not the other? It all depends; for example, in a survival scenario, those who can grow food are of course more necessary, therefore, worth more.

Try thinking in terms that  are not embedded in money, just the relationships between the nodes of the network that we call society? Think in terms of a truly cashless society? Think in term of what is the basic thing that is common to each node within that network?

Shou

For some reason my full post didn't go through.

Someone withe more education and experience should be 'paid' more than someone with less education and skill all other things being equal.

OK, I caught up; question of perception. So if Air Force One was in the shop and both Barack and I needed to be in Washington by morning, I'd have to say his time is more valuable and let him have my seat on the last plane out.

The question about the sack of money or the person would also depend on the situation.

Why do you say Barracks time is more important than yours?

neither the city person or scientist could exist without the workers, they are the only ones who create surplus value  

Whose occupation is more important?

The shit kicker cleaning up everyone else or the executive sitting in his opulent office?

Every contribution is important, although I suppose that isn't what you are after.  I would have to refer you to my answer to the first question, I guess.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service