Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Richard Levison posted a photo

Atheist Space Station!

Thank you China!
2 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"An interesting discussion. The point seems to be where and when to draw a line. There are European…"
5 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Current Events with Stephen Fry | Self-Censoring of Scientific Publications"
10 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Can you imagine what would have happened to Paine if the English Church authorities had managed to…"
17 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other…"
yesterday
Richard Levison left a comment for Nikki Alenius Hanninen
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Chris's group Right Wing Whackos
"Right-Wing R.I.P. - The Cost of COVID Conspiracy Theories"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Not a favourite of mine."
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"About her granddad."
yesterday
"Bald IS a hair colour!! A friend's little granddaughter said so!"
yesterday
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"And it's probably no coincidence that many who'd like to impose religion on us would also…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"The great Peggy Lee. Peggy Lee -- Is That All There Is? 1969"
yesterday
Randall Smith commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Loren, VOCES8 rendition was nice. I couldn't find the King Singers."
Friday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position. -- Bill Maher And like bald is a hair…"
Friday
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"This is music from the north-eastern part of India and not Bollywood. The language is Assamese :…"
Friday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Science!
"Yes, interesting topic."
Thursday
Idaho Spud commented on Adriana's group Science!
"The Human journey was interesting.  Thanks Stephen."
Thursday
"Yes!"
Thursday
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Science!
"Human journey, with Alice Roberts and Jim Al-Khalili | Humanists UK Convention 2021"
Thursday
Stephen Brodie commented on Julien's group The Music Box
" Loren very beautiful A Capella "
Thursday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Questions

The following questions are questions that I've been thinking upon for a long time what are your thoughts on the questions and Why!

I'll set them so that you can reply to each question separately.

Views: 550

Replies to This Discussion

Think about what society requires for its existence? Think about the tasks that need to be done within that society? Think about what actually separates the the two? 

Lincoln's view:

I've argued for a long time that 'capitalism' fails to reward labour.  I'm all for a system that has rewards for those who can squirrel away some capital - we all want to retire someday.  At the same time, I feel that the accumulation of capital should mostly be accomplished through actual labour - brain work being just as much labour as muscle work.  I want to see a free-market, although I want it to trade in real goods/services rather than pieces of paper.  I also want social programs - starting with publicly funded police/firefighting services to welfare/disability coverage to health care.  Essentially I want the best of all systems rolled into one and covered with chocolate sauce.

mmm, tasty. =)

well said.

Your social programs already exist in Australia. The police, fire brigades, are funded by the States. Ambulance Services depending on the circumstances can cost but they operate on getting you to hospital first then worry about who is footing the bill. Same with the public hospitals when you go to emergency ward. Its treat you first then worry about who's liability it is to pay.    

I like Abe's line of thinking because without labour there is no capital. You cannot put the cart before the horse as they said in those days!

Who is worth more a bundle of cash or a person?

A bundle of cash is not a 'who' - so this question, to me, reads like, "Is it further to Chicago or by bus?"

How much money can you save each year? 1% 3% 5% 10% of your yearly net income?

Everyone one has only one life so to themselves every minute is worth more than the other blokes minute.  Anyway, no telling, the farm laborer may write a great novel in the future, save the life of a future Newton or do something that impacts society more than the educated subway rider in the city.

Plus whoever lives here has the best time of anyone on Earth, no need for an office

Around the Corner at Mosel Bend

How about this one: Should someone who destroys X amount of land, air, or water to make a consumable item be paid more than someone who restores X amount of land, air, or water? As it is the public pays for the damaged caused while making the consumable. Why do we as a collective allow that?

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service