Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"The moment you say that any idea system is sacred, whether it’s a religious belief system or…"
5 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Joolz Guide of secret London. Lenin in London - Where The Russian Revolution Was Planned"
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Hahahahaha.....maybe shooting blanks?"
9 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Joseph got busy only after he was told he was getting help"
10 hours ago
Chris B commented on Doone's group World History
"Great! I enjoyed the mosaics in Naples enormously and this is just as beautiful!"
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group World History
"That's fantastic!"
11 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That explains a lot, thanks! Such a destruction!"
11 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Doone's group World History
"Extraordinary Roman mosaic & villa discovered beneath farmer's field in Rutland Just the…"
13 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thanks, Joan.  I found this online. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple_Express"
16 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Totally agreed! It's great to see you again, Joan!"
17 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Good to see you back Joan hope everything is good with you."
17 hours ago
dead jawa posted a blog post

Russell's Lighthouse

I think both theists and atheists don't realize the full ramifications of Russell's Teapot. I would…See More
18 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"@Ian,  here is an answer from " "CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER/NCEP/NWS and the…"
19 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I swam in this lake years ago."
19 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"BC FLOODS: HIGHWAY UPDATE, COQUIHALLA CONSTRUCTION & TRUDEAU ARRIVAL - Nov. 26, 2021"
20 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Good to see you, Joan."
21 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Thanks, Dan Baker, for your wisdom! And thanks, Loren, for your post. "The agnostic says,…"
21 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Hahaha.....sounds like Rick too."
21 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"And a good author."
22 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
" Mrs.B I don't know about Snore Dog but I've been told that's how I sound…"
22 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Questions

The following questions are questions that I've been thinking upon for a long time what are your thoughts on the questions and Why!

I'll set them so that you can reply to each question separately.

Views: 556

Replies to This Discussion

Think about what society requires for its existence? Think about the tasks that need to be done within that society? Think about what actually separates the the two? 

Lincoln's view:

I've argued for a long time that 'capitalism' fails to reward labour.  I'm all for a system that has rewards for those who can squirrel away some capital - we all want to retire someday.  At the same time, I feel that the accumulation of capital should mostly be accomplished through actual labour - brain work being just as much labour as muscle work.  I want to see a free-market, although I want it to trade in real goods/services rather than pieces of paper.  I also want social programs - starting with publicly funded police/firefighting services to welfare/disability coverage to health care.  Essentially I want the best of all systems rolled into one and covered with chocolate sauce.

mmm, tasty. =)

well said.

Your social programs already exist in Australia. The police, fire brigades, are funded by the States. Ambulance Services depending on the circumstances can cost but they operate on getting you to hospital first then worry about who is footing the bill. Same with the public hospitals when you go to emergency ward. Its treat you first then worry about who's liability it is to pay.    

I like Abe's line of thinking because without labour there is no capital. You cannot put the cart before the horse as they said in those days!

Who is worth more a bundle of cash or a person?

A bundle of cash is not a 'who' - so this question, to me, reads like, "Is it further to Chicago or by bus?"

How much money can you save each year? 1% 3% 5% 10% of your yearly net income?

Everyone one has only one life so to themselves every minute is worth more than the other blokes minute.  Anyway, no telling, the farm laborer may write a great novel in the future, save the life of a future Newton or do something that impacts society more than the educated subway rider in the city.

Plus whoever lives here has the best time of anyone on Earth, no need for an office

Around the Corner at Mosel Bend

How about this one: Should someone who destroys X amount of land, air, or water to make a consumable item be paid more than someone who restores X amount of land, air, or water? As it is the public pays for the damaged caused while making the consumable. Why do we as a collective allow that?

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service