8 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Ann
""Happy Birthday!""
14 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I used to like the look of these Victorian gasometer's very ornate."
17 hours ago
" Ian I'm old enough to remember the change over from what they oddly called town gas…"
18 hours ago
"Loren call me a kid all you want but I love Pixar films "
19 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"That's funny Ruth I've never seen him that way. We're all different in our…"
19 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"I started watching the first WOTM video you uploaded, Stephen. and stopped after 50 seconds.…"
19 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTM: A Bed Made of Money"
23 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Hang onto your hats, folks ... 'cuz Pixar is at it AGAIN!"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Yes, but they likely think their lives are treated as worthless as it is so may as well try to get…"
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Silly people. Nobody gives money away so it's important not to waste it. I'm more aware…"
yesterday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Dangerous, but I hope they get somewhere!"
yesterday
"I hear some women are rebelling in Afghanistan."
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That could well be, and I hope good changes. I hope it stops the earthquakes in the north of this…"
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Small but welcome steps. Will this mean changes for you,…"
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Stephen, I wonder how well Islam would do if the apostates were as militant as the believers…"
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I don't usually cite the quotes from the Good people of the Muslim Brotherhood but this one…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Gi Marie
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
"Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to happen."
Tuesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Questions

The following questions are questions that I've been thinking upon for a long time what are your thoughts on the questions and Why!

I'll set them so that you can reply to each question separately.

Views: 555

Replies to This Discussion

Think about what society requires for its existence? Think about the tasks that need to be done within that society? Think about what actually separates the the two? 

Lincoln's view:

I've argued for a long time that 'capitalism' fails to reward labour.  I'm all for a system that has rewards for those who can squirrel away some capital - we all want to retire someday.  At the same time, I feel that the accumulation of capital should mostly be accomplished through actual labour - brain work being just as much labour as muscle work.  I want to see a free-market, although I want it to trade in real goods/services rather than pieces of paper.  I also want social programs - starting with publicly funded police/firefighting services to welfare/disability coverage to health care.  Essentially I want the best of all systems rolled into one and covered with chocolate sauce.

mmm, tasty. =)

well said.

Your social programs already exist in Australia. The police, fire brigades, are funded by the States. Ambulance Services depending on the circumstances can cost but they operate on getting you to hospital first then worry about who is footing the bill. Same with the public hospitals when you go to emergency ward. Its treat you first then worry about who's liability it is to pay.    

I like Abe's line of thinking because without labour there is no capital. You cannot put the cart before the horse as they said in those days!

Who is worth more a bundle of cash or a person?

A bundle of cash is not a 'who' - so this question, to me, reads like, "Is it further to Chicago or by bus?"

How much money can you save each year? 1% 3% 5% 10% of your yearly net income?

Everyone one has only one life so to themselves every minute is worth more than the other blokes minute.  Anyway, no telling, the farm laborer may write a great novel in the future, save the life of a future Newton or do something that impacts society more than the educated subway rider in the city.

Plus whoever lives here has the best time of anyone on Earth, no need for an office

Around the Corner at Mosel Bend

How about this one: Should someone who destroys X amount of land, air, or water to make a consumable item be paid more than someone who restores X amount of land, air, or water? As it is the public pays for the damaged caused while making the consumable. Why do we as a collective allow that?

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service