Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Disgust for the country is only growing. Back to the back alley abortions, self abortions,…"
15 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Obviously, without the right of women and men to make decisions about our own bodies, there is no…"
6 hours ago
Chris B replied to Loren Miller's discussion Life Is Precious . . . Unless It's Not (Betty Bowers) in the group Freethought and Funny Bones
"!"
13 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Portia Coppage
""Happy Birthday!""
13 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Liberal Redneck - Not So Supreme Court"
15 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"The god-awful coffee I had in McDonald's tonight would really raise the dead "
15 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner replied to Loren Miller's discussion Life Is Precious . . . Unless It's Not (Betty Bowers) in the group Freethought and Funny Bones
""Unless you forgot to be White" made me laugh out loud. "
19 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That it is!"
21 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thanks for the tweet link, Pat. Fucking A"
21 hours ago
"Oh I do so like it when posh people get it in the neck. Thanks, Ian"
21 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Yes, front page stuff."
21 hours ago
"Wow, that sounds pretty major."
22 hours ago
"Scandal about an 'endemic bullying culture' has now hit Herlufsholm, the Danish…"
22 hours ago
"Good stuff and I hope a mass movement gets behind the issues."
22 hours ago
yesterday
"Turning back the tide of justice and progress and making "America great again" WOTMQ:…"
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Those public schools should be raided too - I think it's criminal to teach children that…"
yesterday
"There was a time when the British police made regular raids on the House of Lords locker room. It…"
yesterday
"Speaks volumes, though."
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"strange!"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Survey of Atheist Voters Finds That We’re Wildly Progressive on a V...

"Not only were these 12,000 atheists who responded more progressive than run-of-the-mill liberals; they were off-the-charts more progressive."

It was bracing to see that I'm not alone.

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

That's quite a number.

Thanks for sharing this!

Those "wildly progressive" views are, to me, self-evident. Why shouldn't someone support respecting women as people (h/t Marie Shear), equal marriage, reproductive freedom (including ending unwanted pregnancies), self-determination at end of life, police reform, and so forth, besides either "God Says So!" or "I don't like it and you shouldn't either!"?

The article points out that the self-selected members of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, an educational and advocacy group working to keep religion and government separate, were not representative of all US atheists, but rather of "the sort of people who would join FFRF." Just about all of them were registered voters.

The summary graphs from FFRF's news release are worth posting here. The article goes into more detail about people undecided about a few of the propositions. (Click each to enlarge.)

Views on Hot-Button Social Issues - Secular Voters vs. All Americans [bar graph; percentages in this ALT text given as All Americans/Secular Voters] Support Abortion Rights 75%/98.8% - Support Marriage Equality 61%/98.9% - Support Medical Aid in Dying 78%/99.2% - Oppose Death Penalty 39%/68% - Support Gun Safety Laws 60%/94%

Views on Civic / Economic / Social Policy Issues - Secular Voters vs. All Americans [bar graph; percentages in this ALT text given as All Americans/Secular Voters] Registered to Vote 79%/98% - Support universal health care coverage 66%/94% - Support guaranteed minimum income 45%/70% - Support free/reduced public college tuition 58%/83%

Views on Racial / Police / Statehood Issues - Secular Voters vs. All Americans [bar graph; percentages in this ALT text given as All Americans/Secular Voters] Believe racial discrimination is a major problem in US 76%/96% - Support slavery reparations 20%/45% - Support DC statehood 43%/77% - Support Puerto Rican statehood 54%/75% - Support police/prison reform 69%/95%

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service