Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
" Chris I had imagined that the cap doffing would have lessened considerably by now and…"
1 hour ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Aiglentina A Lamontagne
""Happy Birthday!""
1 hour ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I love that one, Patricia! When you're trained in cap doffing and other servile habits,…"
1 hour ago
Kurt Neuleuf commented on A Former Member's group CRITICAL THINKING
"The average teacher teaches kids facts. The outstanding teacher teaches kids to teach themselves."
4 hours ago
"Stephen I hypothesise that the only sure fire way to teach our future citizens to think will be…"
4 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
8 hours ago
"The shallowness is astounding."
9 hours ago
"I know yeah. The British are encouraged to turn on people who believe in fairness and decency…"
9 hours ago
"Oh for shit sakes!!!!!!"
9 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on A Former Member's group CRITICAL THINKING
"Kurt now that's a hard one to answer. Our only hope I think is to teach our children not…"
9 hours ago
"Here's James O'Brien taking the deserved piss out of the anti-woke brigade of the Daily…"
9 hours ago
"Davy the sad thing about England and I say England rather than the UK is that we are a cap…"
10 hours ago
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Chris B While ever we have the structure of Society that we have you will never change it for it…"
17 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"No one can sit at the bedside of a dying child and still believe in God. -- Bertrand Russell No…"
19 hours ago
"And we're breaking our heads about how to change it...."
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Abby.60100
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Chris, I'm appalled by this behaviour and these attitudes too but I'm afraid I'm not…"
yesterday
"I am shocked, not just by inappropiate behaviour, but by the total want of responsible governing,…"
yesterday
"In both our countries the pioneers set out with a wagon and an oxen, with little else and built…"
yesterday
Andy Stout commented on A Former Member's group CRITICAL THINKING
"I think it is a crime that public schools do not teach kids HOW TO THINK. What could be more…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Pat Robertson Outrage: "Hard-Nosed," "Awful Looking" Women Are Ruining Marriages!

Once again, women are the problem, men are cool. Why women cling to a religion that despised them is beyond me.

Radical Christian televangelist Pat Robertson with one of his most offensive statements of all time.

January 10, 2013 

It always seems to be the woman’s fault. No really—check this one out.

So, a 17-year-old boy writes in to Maxim magazine, complaining that his father never pays any attention to his mother.

“I’m 17 years old and I’ve noticed that there has been a change in my father’s behavior,” he wrote. “He spends too much time at the computer playing a war game. I’ve noticed how alone my mom feels. I just want my father to spend more time with my mom. What should I do? How can I talk to my father? I feel shame for him. Please help.”

Luckily for this perceptive 17 year old, the radical Christian conservative Pat Robertson is on the case—and his answer is, well, exactly what you’d expect from this radical Christian televangelist.

He starts off with the suggestion that the boy try to get his parents out of the house on some type of romantic weekend getaway.

“The romance is obviously going out of the marriage,” he said.

But then—BAM! Robertson draws the woman-hating card, throws it on the flower-decorated glass table in the 700 Club’s studio and suddenly it’s the mother’s fault.

You know, it may be your mom isn’t as sweet as you think she is, she may be kind of hard-nosed. And so, you say it’s my father, he’s not paying attention to mom, but you know mom…” he trails off and offers a spiteful little chuckle.

All great advice for a 17-year-old boy growing up in the United States’ enduringly patriarchal society. But wait—there’s more: Now it’s not only mom’s fault for being “hard-nosed,” it’s also her fault for being God forsakenly ugly.

He launches into another story: “A woman came to a preacher I know—it’s so funny. She was awful looking. Her hair was all torn up, she was overweight, and looked terrible…”

So far, this story sounds hilarious Pat, Please continue.

“And she said, ‘Oh, Reverend, what can I do? My husband has started to drink.’”

The hateful punch line is coming. I can feel it. I’m on the edge of my seat.

And the preacher looked at her and he said, ‘Madam, if I were married to you, I’d start to drink too.’”

Alternet

Views: 447

Replies to This Discussion

Or maybe it is the husbands?

Stop the things you do….watch out!

By  January 15th, 2013

I’m sure Marcus was very upset about this:

Michelle Bachmann’s high-profile debate coach, Brett O’Donnell, developed an “unnatural” and “Rasputin-like” relationship with his candidate during her failed 2012 presidential campaign, another former aide told BuzzFeed, a charge O’Donnell denies.

Peter Waldron, an evangelical organizer who served as Iowa field coordinator for Bachmann and helped her win the Ames straw poll said O’Donnell exercised an “unusual power over Mrs. Bachmann.” Waldron and other former Bachmann staff also currently say the Congresswoman has yet to pay them for debts owned from her short-lived campaign.

“He prohibited her husband, Dr. Marcus Bachmann, from sleeping in the same room with wife while on the campaign trail,” Waldron said in an email to BuzzFeed.

I think that Pat Robertson is TOO OLD and that's why! :P

Pat Robertson Encourages Man To Move To Saudi Arabia So He Can Beat His Wife

It's not that he's too old, it's that he is an asshole, a racist and a misogynist. There are men as old as him who would never say anything of the sort. Look for example, Bernie Sanders, the Vermont senator, he is 71 years old. An old man for sure, but an extremely good, progressive, intelligent man. 

Aha! I see that!

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service