I hope for the sake of all the reasonable people that this is an April's fools joke come too early!
To an extent it is satire but when you read through it you can get the undertow of their thoughts about women in general. Possessions to be bought and sold!
What is funny is that I know a Muslim man who told a woman off for breathing. I fear it's closer to the truth than we'd like to think.
Good to hear from you, Tom. You're right of course about women and the NT. St. Paul say "Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says."
So why on earth do they continue being Xtians.
"“Any woman that exercises her will ... is conspiring against Islam and the Ummah, whereas those women who are totally subservient can reach the status of being makrooh. Such is the generosity of our ideology and such is the endeavour of Muslim men like us who are the true torchbearers of gender equality,”"
This is so twisted as to be surreal, as is the premise that women shouldn't even exist.
Council of Islamic Ideology declares women’s existence anti-Islamic
BY KHABARISTAN TODAY, (LAST UPDATED AUGUST 11, 2014)
The Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) concluded their 192nd meeting on Thursday with the ruling that
* women are un-Islamic and that
* their mere existence contradicted Sharia and the will of Allah.
* women by existing defied the laws of nature,
* to protect Islam and the Sharia women should be forced to stop existing as soon as possible.
* laws related to minimum marriage age to be un-Islamic.
Well, that is a fine can of worms Islam gives women. Let us see if we can find a remedy for these judgments.
* women have no need for Islam in there lives,
* women exist,
* women, by existing, define their true nature,
* women have the power to define their lives.
* women define marriage laws.
Ah, well, good luck with trying to have those all important sons then.
Joan I remember reading about that CII meeting when it happened and of course, we all laughed at the stupidity of such statements but that's the thing about religion it gets normally sane people to believe in insane things.