Latest Activity

Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Nice one Loren  "
38 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Well, so long as we're on the topic of Omar Khayyam:"
2 hours ago
"None of Khayyam's poetry wasn't published in his lifetime because much of his work would…"
2 hours ago
"What a shame, Stephen.  I'm not certain, but I think there is a copy of the Rubaiyat in…"
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Yes, he does."
3 hours ago
"Loren I was once given a beautifully bound copy of the Rubaiyat by Omar Khayyám. I…"
5 hours ago
Loren Miller left a comment for Guilin HBM Health
"Greets and welcome to Atheist Universe!  Please enjoy your time here."
9 hours ago
"He (the Rev. Mr. Whitefield) used, indeed, sometimes to pray for my conversion, but never had the…"
10 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Klinger
""Happy Birthday!""
15 hours ago
"How much more of the mosque, of prayer and fasting? Better go drunk and begging round the taverns.…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Yes, I do that regularly.....VERY regularly. Fingers seem to have their own mind."
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Yes, Mrs B. A slip of the fingers."
yesterday
Mrs.B left a comment for Guilin HBM Health
"Good to see you here."
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Do you mean ''desanctify''?"
yesterday
Terence Meaden left a comment for Guilin HBM Health
"Welcome welcome. Among other possibilities, do join the active Loren Miller's group with its…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Doone's group World History
"The REAL Israelite Religion: Interview with Dr. Francesca Stavrakopoulou Interesting discussion on…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie left a comment for Guilin HBM Health
"Welcome Guilin HBM Health AU"
yesterday
Guilin HBM Health is now a member of Atheist Universe
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Words that first appeared in Webster's dictionary in my birth year, 1956. I like that…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Nadine Gary
"Hello Nadine! I take it by the formation of your group that your a member of the Raelian movement…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Great news, we can brainwash your children anywhere! The Good News Club is very bad news for America.

What is a Good News Club?

Good News Club® is a ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship® in which trained teachers meet with groups of children in schools, homes, community centers, churches, apartment complexes, just about anywhere the children can easily and safely meet with their parent's permission. Each week the teacher presents an exciting Bible lesson using colorful materials from CEF Press®. This action-packed time also includes songs, Scripture memory, a missions story and review games or other activities focused on the lesson's theme.

As with all CEF ministries, the purpose of Good News Club is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.

Can we really teach the Bible in public schools?

Yes! The Gospel has been taught freely in public schools all over the world for some time. Now children in the U.S. have that opportunity, too! In 2001 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Good News Clubs v. Milford Central School that Good News Clubs can meet in public schools in the United States after school hours on the same terms as other community groups. Children attend Good News Club only with their parents' permission.

Views: 620

Replies to This Discussion

God News or Good News, it is good as now we can fulfill our sheep mission from Jesus

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV)

You have a mission; we all do. When we become a part of God’s family, our mission is given to us by God himself: to help others join that family, too. Since God loves everyone, there is no one in the entire world he doesn’t want to be in his family.

Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV).

When Jesus tells the Church to go to “all nations,” he isn’t talking about countries; he’s talking about people groups. He tells us to go to every people group and make disciples.

Today, there are 13,000 people groups in the world; 6,350 of those people groups have churches among them, but less than 2 percent of the population is Christian. Christianity has spread to every major language group in the world.

Yet there are 3,800 people groups that, 2,000 years after Jesus’ death on the cross, still have no church in their language. Why? We simply don’t care enough. We’re too busy with our own lives to care about people who are dying spiritually. Instead of telling those 3,800 people groups about the love of Jesus, we tell them by default to “go to Hell.”

Certainly, it’s a huge task. God’s mission is global. But it’s not mission impossible; it’s mission inevitable. The Great Commission will be fulfilled. It’s a certainty. In fact, the Bible gives us a picture of its fulfillment in Revelation 7:9: “There before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb.”

One day there will be people from every language group in the world standing before the throne of Jesus. The only question for us is this: Will our generation be the ones to do it? Or will we give up our responsibility and pass it on to someone else? Will another generation be the ones who get the privilege of fulfilling God’s great mission that he created the whole universe for in the first place?

Talk About It

What might keep you from fulfilling your mission?

- What is God asking you to do with your life today to help fulfill the Great Commission?

I'll give them a mission that would actually help, try shutting the fuck up and leaving the world alone.

Who is Rick Warren?

What is Rick Warren?

Why is there a Rick Warren?

How is there a Rick Warren?

Where is Rick Warren?  At home, i guess.

This rather sounds like the "Old News Club", or "Fact-free News Club"

In NY, religious groups cannot meet in schools, because it's tacitly an endorsement of religion. i'm not sure how they managed to do this since it appears to contradict the Supreme Court ruling. 

I bet they don't teach the only part of the Bible concerning Humanity in Motion.

It is written that those who "give drink to the thirsty, food to the hungry, clothes to the naked, make time for strangers, comfort the sick, visit the housebound" will go to everlasting life.

No Religion. No Politics. No Problem.

In reality, everlasting life is perpetual motion.

The right side of the political spectrum in the U.S. is all about hell and eternal damnation. They never mention taking care of the sick or poor; can't make any money doing that.

Neal.

In 1947, the British government passed the Natiomal Health Service Bill and made healthcare freely accessible and free at point of use.

Also, local councils have a legal obligation to offer assistance to homeless people who ask for assistance. Each local authority has a housing officer who's job it is to source suitable accomodation for homeless persons.

We are way behind. =(

This sounds to me like a really bad news club....

It is for them that don't wake up to the fact they are being robbed.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service