Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Davy's photo
Thumbnail

Friedrich Rückert -1

"The words are OK, but the picture representing learning from our mistakes is blatant fantasy, a…"
3 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Personally, I see Frankie's gesture here as way too little and way too late.  Their…"
6 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Randall Smith's blog post Mini trip
"It's safer to avoid travel during the worst pandemic in 100 years. I worry about you."
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Sounds like propaganda to keep people in church."
7 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Whaaaaaaat? Pope Francis backs same-sex civil unions I can see a schism happening "
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion or at least a Religion without Scump
"He's so good at this!"
9 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion or at least a Religion without Scump
"WOTM: Historical Jesus, Part 1"
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Seems to me it's not an explanation, it's an excuse."
13 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Yeah, good question."
13 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any view is automatically as worthy of…"
17 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Where is god kept so that Biden can take it away from the people in Texas?"
23 hours ago
"We heard if he loses the election, he wants to leave the country."
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"I saw the business about Pat Robertson and his "prediction" on Hemant Mehta's…"
yesterday
"Bloody obsession."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Trump bizarrely claims Biden will ‘take away God’ in freewheeling Fox…"
yesterday
Mrs.B left a comment for Justin Stressman
"Good to see you here."
yesterday
Mrs.B left a comment for Sean Zipperer
"Good to see you here."
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Justin Stressman
"Hi Justin. Welcome to AU"
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Justin Stressman
"Click to see today's hot content on Atheist Universe. Jump here to introduce yourself Or…"
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Sean Zipperer
"Hi Sean. Welcome to AU"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This thread is just a place to put your food & nutrition product reviews--good or bad. Please follow now even if you don't have anything to add, so that you can be sure to get updates on new reviews. Please add reviews when you think of them.

I'll start with these new product endorsements (new for me anyhow):

Food Should Taste Good
All-Natural Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips
Visit site here: http://www.foodshouldtastegood.com/flavors.html#/sweet_potato/

Thumbs up: Very good, not too expensive, and very few broken chips in the bottom of the bag (unlike a lot of brands). I've also tried the olive ones, which are good, but not spectacular. Both kinds seem to have good texture and thickness -- neither too thin nor too thick.

Clif Mojo
Sweet & Salty Trail Mix Bars
Visit site here: http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_mojo/

Thumbs up: I just started eating these and I like the ones I've had so far--honey peanut and chocolate almond coconut. They're not too expensive and a good size. Seventy percent organic.

Views: 228

Replies to This Discussion

I love Cliff Mojo bars.

Good. Try those chips. I bet you'll like them.

Not too crazy about chips in general.

Now that's just wierd.

Both are great products!

Thanks for your input.

Kind bars are also good. I occasionally have one as a snack in the afternoon if I ate a very light, quick lunch. They are fatty, but the fat is from almonds and other nuts, so not a bad kind of fat to eat. They do keep me full until dinner time.

This is one is my favorite flavors:

CRANBERRY ALMOND + ANTIOXIDANTS
Ingredients : Almonds, dried cranberries (cranberries, sugar, sunflower oil), macadamias, honey, non GMO glucose, puffed rice, chicory fiber, soy lecithin, Vitamins: Vitamin A Acetate, Ascorbic Acid (Vit C), D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).
Vitamins and Minerals : Vitamin A (50% DV), Vitamin C (50% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (4% DV), Vitamin E (50% DV), Phosphorus (8% DV), Magnesium (10% DV), Zinc (4% DV)
Serving Size : 1 Bar (40g)
  • Calories :

• Fat Calories :

• Total Fat :

13g
  • Saturated Fat :

1.5g
  • Trans Fat :

0g
  • Cholesterol :

0mg
  • Sodium :

20mg
  • Potassium :

• Total Carb :

20g
  • Dietary Fiber :

3g
  • Sugars :

12g
  • Protein :

3g

Okay, I've tried all kinds of these bars but I've never seen that one. It may not be available in Texas, but I'll check at Whole Foods just in case.

Love cranberries. Love almonds. Good to see potatssium isn't even listed. A lot of these things are high in potassium, and I react to that.

Nasoya
Super Hummus
Visit site here: http://www.nasoya.com/products/super-hummus/original.html

Thumbs down: Sounds like a good idea--hummus made with chick peas and soy beans, with twice the protein and half the fat, but it just was not very good. I noticed that it was very tart and acidic, and then noticed that lactic acid was one of the ingredients (probably as a preservative). All said and done, just not that great of a product.  

Yep, I tried this one too. Not good. Agreed.

My favorite humus is made by Sabra. I like their classical humus and tahini too.

I've had that one, but I can't totally remember how I liked it. Seems to me that it was made from dehydrated chick peas, as you can always tell when it is, but I may be confusing it with another brand.

I make decent hummus, I think. It's really good to use lime juice instead of lemon juice.

The best I've ever had has been at Greek restaurants though.

Make your own always, it is so much better than anything at the store or restaurant. 

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service