Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"At least there's a good photo of him."
25 minutes ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That is so CRUEL, Stephen. Many people must feel unsafe now. I hope the killer is caught soon."
26 minutes ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"The wishes were good but reality is harder. It so hard not to lose the space you need."
1 hour ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Sally Carmen Carmen
""Happy Birthday!""
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"
1 hour ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I want to thank everyone for all the good wishes you have sent me about the mugging. I felt I was…"
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"He's so good at these."
10 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Liberal Redneck - Liz Cheney and the New GOP"
10 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTM: Down. But Certainly Not Out."
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
12 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Kill a man and you're a murderer, kill many and you're a conqueror, kill them all,…"
16 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Priscilla Casity
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Stephen Brodie replied to Loren Miller's discussion Non-Religious LGBTQ People In America (American Atheists) in the group Gender Blender
"Thanks Loren for the PDF link very interesting "
yesterday
Loren Miller added a discussion to the group Gender Blender
Thumbnail

Non-Religious LGBTQ People In America (American Atheists)

I am in recent receipt of a summary of a brief from the U.S. Secular Survey on non-religious LGBTQ…See More
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Adriana's group Gender Blender
"I note that there hasn't been a lot of activity in this particular group in a while.  As…"
yesterday
Loren Miller joined Adriana's group
Thumbnail

Gender Blender

We aim to discuss all gender issues, not just women issues. Society views of gender affects us from…See More
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"All good ones, especially the know-it-all."
yesterday
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Correction for part one None of this will ever achieved whilst ever you hand your control of your…"
yesterday
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Part two But how you say? By mastering your emotions, mastering your passions, mastering your…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Just Because Jesus Forgot About A-B-0-R-T-I-0-N Doesn’t Give You the Right (Betty Bowers)

It can be said without fear of contradiction that Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian, is also a superbly cunning linguist.  She is more than capable of saying two contradictory things in such proximity to each other, yet not notice the contraction, asserting that both things MUST be true.  As evidence of this extraordinary ability, I refer you to the following video, wherein she tackles, among other things, the "A" word, a word which a certain carpenter-turned-rabbi never once mentions, yet Christians are certain he DID!

How to solve this mess?  That's Mrs. Bowers' job:

Have You Had YOUR Betty Today?

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Betty just gets better and better. Thanks  Loren

I love her style of teaching!

Glad I got around to watching this video!

"How dare you throw Mr. Jesus's odd remarks back in my Christian face?
Detention!"

"Children, close those rudely inconvenient Bibles this instant!
Trust me, Mr. Jesus hated abortions almost as much as he (and the Founding Fathers) loved laser guided assault rifles."

Behold the complete, unexpurgated teachings of Jesus of Nazareth on abortion -- and on homosexuality and bisexuality, for that matter:

"And thanks to our GOP, a political party that hasn't won the presidential popular vote since 2004, we've been able to conquer the Supreme Court..."

It's true: a majority of justices were nominated by second-place, popular-vote-losing presidents (GWBush and "Girth, Wind, and Liar" [h/t Colbert]). In that sense the current Supreme Court is "illegitimate", and needs to be enlarged and rebalanced. 13 seats, returning to the tradition of mirroring the number of federal circuits, wouldn't be a bad size, as proposed in the Judiciary Act of 2021 (H.R. 2584 and S. 1141).

And as Stephen Feldman explains, we need not worry about a pendulum of partisan tit-for-tat ballooning the size of the court. Republicans represent a minority. Their positions and policies are unpopular. If an enlarged Supreme Court upholds strengthened voting rights, the Republican Party as we know it simply will not regain control of the House, the Senate, and the presidency. If they do, it will be a very different political party.

("The Case For Court Packing As A Way To Promote Democracy", NPR interview)

Trump himself admitted, in March 2020 on Fox & Friends, that if more citizens actually got to vote (as under reforms like same-day registration, vote-by-mail, and early voting, proposed but not passed as part of the COVID stimulus bill), Republicans would "never" be elected again.

“The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again. They had things in there about election days and what you do and all sorts of clawbacks. They had things that were just totally crazy...”

(As Joe Jervis of joemygod.com would say when quoting a bad guy and adding emphasis, bolding is m*****f****** mine.)

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service