Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
1 hour ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
3 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
3 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Pedro Dinani
7 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Jake
7 hours ago
May the Big Bang RIP replied to Chris's discussion Democrats and Senate fail with Supreme court nomination
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
15 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
20 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
20 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
20 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
21 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Some Nutty Country Suffering from Fremdschämen about Scumpism News
21 hours ago
Stephen commented on Lauren Ell's group Republican Atheists
21 hours ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
21 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
23 hours ago
Stephen commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus or Scump
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group World History
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Over 3,700 teachers in Kansas have retired or left the state during the summer

Kansas has been at the forefront of conservative craziness for years. The governor has slashed taxes for businesses which created a shortfall in the state's budget which in turn has meant that the public pays the price. Teachers have lost their legal protections, have had to wrap up the school year early, are low-paid, and they are leaving in droves.

Thanks conservatives.

Kansas embarked on an experiment with radical right-wing policies since Governor Sam Brownback (R) was elected in 2010, and it failed miserably. The centerpiece of the project, led by Governor Sam Brownback, was huge tax cuts, largely for wealthy individuals and businesses, based on the Republican orthodoxy that tax cuts create jobs.

Now, a teacher shortage appears to be the latest consequence of Kansas’ abject failure to manage its economy. It’s not hard to see why teachers don’t want to work in Kansas.

Think Progress

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that tax cuts mean less revenue to the treasury which means less services to the very people who need it most and less to pay for things like Education.

Why do people vote for these Neo-cons its hardly in there interests 

Biases and religious beliefs?

What does the prefx "Neo" as in Neo Conservatives mean?

They aren't new conservatives.

I'm guessing that of this goes back to feudalism where if the crown is healthy and making money the servants will as well. The Thatcher/Regan and Friedman (Chicago) school of economic theory with trickle down economic policy.

I live in a tourist area where many people work in the "Hospitality" arena - therefore aren't paid minimum wage because of the 'tradition' of paying tips.

I think the laws and culture of 'tipping' has to change.

I'm not well read on this.

If I may there is a restaurant about twenty miles north of me. It has a famous chef - Thomas Keller who owns many  restaurants.

https://www.thomaskeller.com/yountville-california/french-laundry/r...

He has a television show about his cooking.

I'm told that reservations are thee months in advance. I'm told a reservation costs $325.  Guessing if you miss the time of the reservation the reservation and $325 is lost.  I'm also told that the cost of dinner per person is $400-$500 (USD) not including fine wine or other drinks.

This was told to me by a mason who is working on the building. I asked if after the work was finished satisfactorily if Keller would provide a meal for him and his wife in gratitude.

The mason said absolutely not.   The mason dislikes Keller.  

I should befriend that mason I believe he holds the same viewpoints as I.

Fortunately the teachers union is still united in the goal to teach students.

The recent strikes aren't  as much about their salaries as it is about funding for the schools and the public education system.

I think educators and teachers should have higher salaries.

Privatization of education has  recently shown to be more about profit than education as evident with some of the for profit schools recently shut down for fraud.

I read an article - too lazy to look it up- where nursing students at some of the 'private for profit schools' pediatric rotation was a couple of weeks baby sitting at day care centers.

Fortunately many of those were shut down - for fraud.

I don't understand why there is 'summer vacation.'

If students went to school throughout the year with a couple of two weeks here as a break they should be able to attain at least the equivalent of  JR. college education if not a Bachelors Degree.

If students show the aptitude and ability they should be granted an education at College and Universities.  

I don't believe in the term 'common sense'.  

To make our world better students have to have the opportunity to continue education without the burden of school debt.   

(Rant)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service