Feedback and Notes

No Gods or Scumps Allowed

Latest Activity

Onyango Makagutu commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"Stephen how could your countrymen and women vote in Borass as you so adoringly call him? Is there…"
9 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Thomas Hunscher
"Happy Birthday Thomas, Have a great day"
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Theresa Kappos
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Alexandria Guerrero
"Happy birthday Alexandria. Have a great day"
14 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Bruce W Hammond
"Happy birthday Bruce. Have a great day."
14 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"Why am I not surprised."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"There's been rioting outside Downing Street tonight "
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"I guess it's bottom of the barrel scrapings for politicians these days."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Chrissy Mein
"Happy Birthday Chrissy! Have a great day"
yesterday
"That 5 years will take forever......."
yesterday
"Oh for crying out loud five years of Borass in number 10. Where is a British Lee Harvey Oswald…"
yesterday
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Done. Your friend is right. That's how I see the USofA. It seems that middle America has…"
Thursday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Hahaha...."
Thursday
Doone commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"From Twitter  An old uni friend send me this map saying "This is definitely how I see the…"
Thursday
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"Criminals, the lot of 'em. Why don't they sell off some of their artwork if they're…"
Thursday
"Well if that's love, I'll stay to myself."
Thursday
Thursday
"Oops"
Thursday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"The Vatican is using donations for the poor to fight its budget deficit, report says As little as…"
Thursday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Conservative scum exits their caves to do what they do best, absolutely nothing that contributes to society.

—By Asawin Suebsaeng| Tue Feb. 19, 2013 1:08 PM PST

There's this new hashtag #LiberalTips2AvoidRape that's now on its second day of trending on Twitter: A really, really great expression of our shared humanity, and of the possibilities of feel-good, thoughtful conservative satire... this is not:

For the uninitiated, this isn't an example of right-wingers deciding out-of-the-blue to be insensitive to rape victims. They have their reason, and his name is Joe Salazar, a first-term Democratic state representative in Colorado. On Friday, Salazar spoke on the state House floor in support of House Bill 13-1226, which would eliminate "the authority of a concealed handgun permit holder to possess a concealed handgun on the campus of an institution of high education." In other words, Salazar's bill would ban concealed firearms on college campuses in Colorado. Opponents of the proposed legislation maintain that banning concealed carry on campuses would make it harder for students to protect themselves against mass shooters and rapists on school grounds.

Salazar came down on the side of those who believe that more loaded guns on college campuses is a terrible idea. (This isn't such a radical opinion if you look at the data.) He delivered the following rebuttal on the state House floor:

It's why we have call boxes, it's why we have safe zones, that's why we have the whistles. Because you just don't know who you're gonna be shooting at. And you don't know if you feel like you're gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone's been following you around, or if you feel like you're in trouble and when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop... pop a round at somebody.

Mother Jones

Views: 210

Replies to This Discussion

Ugh, so much is wrong with that tweet. First, the canard that old, ugly women don't get raped. Second, the victim-blaming that if you get raped, it was your fault for being too good-looking, provocatively dressed, etc. Third, the inevitable gender inequality: women, no matter what their professional achievement, roles, age, etc., ALWAYS get judged on their looks, and very often get judged based on their looks FIRST. 

What a perfect demonstration of what losers with capital L do. 

I disagree with you Neal, they do come out of their caves, but it's not like they contribute nothing to society. That would be bad enough, but actually they do contribute: to the prevailing hatred, prejudice, violence, etc. 

I totally agree!

I think this Salazar's argument has been blown out of proportion. His only crime, as it appears to me, is a poor grasp of sentence formation. I don't know if he has clarified his stand but I find it only rational to oppose having more guns in schools and public areas, people may get poppy. You can't judge who it is that is after you or not. 

His second problem is to do with the reference to rape. This being a highly emotive issue one need to think it over before they make a reference to it especially in a joke or else it comes out really bad and one is left feeling really stupid!

As to the tweets, I have nothing I can say about them except I think most of them must really be ignorant even of the matter that was being discussed.

I understood what Salazar meant, it was simple. Arming students would end up with innocents being shot.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service