Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; and he that dare not reason is…"
1 hour ago
Terence Meaden commented on Terence Meaden's blog post On Miracles
"Yes please Loren, do just that."
3 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"These are such good videos!"
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
7 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Science!
Thumbnail

Ominous Scale of Environmental Erosion

In these articles 17 experts summarize 150 studies.…See More
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
"And nicely combed hair too."
10 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
"Wildlife Photographer Raises Awareness for Lion Conservation With Beautiful Portraits [Interview]…"
11 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Faith, hope and charity. Surely if you have faith hope is superfluous and charity isn't just a…"
11 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"The thing is, "goddidit" isn't an answer so much as it is meant to be a…"
12 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTM: Religion Makes People Stupid, Part I WOTM: Religion Makes People Stupid, Part II"
12 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Terence. The laziness of the statement GODDIDIT drives me absolutely crazy."
13 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Terence Meaden's blog post On Miracles
"Hey, Terry.Some time back, I wrote my own piece about the problem with miracles and posted it on…"
13 hours ago
Terence Meaden commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Yes, Loren. For the faithful, no explanation is necessary because GODDIDIT answers and explains…"
13 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"So very true!"
16 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"Ignorant, & just plain stupid."
16 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
""Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has…"
16 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"Orthodox rabbi claims COVID-19 vaccine can make people gay Rabbi Daniel Asor frequently peddles…"
16 hours ago
Terence Meaden posted a blog post

On Miracles

This blog on miracles is from Chapter 13 of the new atheist book “Q—is for quare, queries and…See More
17 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"On the money."
19 hours ago
Randall Smith commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"I love Colbert! Wish he wasn't on TV so late in the evening."
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Calling for "unity" and 'healing" after last week's deadly attempted coup at the US Capitol - some very quotable caveats

A comment by Beagle at joemygod.com that deserves to be read widely:

To conservatives talking about “unity” and “healing”:

You need to realize a few things.

Above all, that you have fucked up. Big time.

For years, you have consistently indulged in violent rhetoric and wild conspiracy theories that have no link whatsoever to reality. You have been repeatedly tearing down Others who don’t fit your narrow, cramped vision of what type of existence should be permitted. When we have objected, you have responded by dismissing our concerns. You have dismissed us as “snowflakes.” You have condemned us as “libtards.” You have put every roadblock in the way to even the most tentative efforts at resistance.

Your rhetoric has finally led to its inevitable result. An armed mob stormed the U.S. Capitol building with the intent of assassinating a number of U.S. government officials. And you built this.

At this moment, none of you has even the tiniest shred of credibility. The only exception is the one Republican member of Congress that voted to support the impeachment and conviction of your president last year. We can’t trust you to act in the best interests of the country or even to acknowledge reality.

So if you want unity and healing, you are going to have to face the fact that you have been building this for decades. Then, you are going to have to accept responsibility and accountability. The following non-negotiable conditions would be a start.

Your President Must Go. Now. Resignation, the 25th Amendment, and impeachment and conviction are all acceptable methods. But the Leader of the Coup must go.

Ringleaders in Congress that have led the battle against the American system of government must also go. Again, now. At minimum, that means Brooks, Gohmert, and Jordan in the House, as well as Cruz, Hawley, and Tuberville in the Senate.

Except for representation by counsel in criminal and civil actions, you will provide no assistance to anyone in the mob that stormed the Capitol. They’re on their own.

You will disavow the conspiracy theories that you have been pushing without the tiniest morsel of credible evidence. Q and QAnon must go. Stop the Steal must recognize that you are the ones trying to steal the election. And we don’t want to hear any arguments that there’s any truth to those theories. You’ve had plenty of time and opportunity to offer credible evidence. It’s too late to pretend you have anything that we can believe.

That should do for a start. But even then, you’ll have a long way to go before we can trust you. It took you a long time to get the country to this point. Expect to spend a long time working your way to any kind of decent reputation.

Views: 76

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds good, but it'll take decades to earn back any respect the rest of us have totally lost, & this won't happen within my lifetime.

Mrs. B. I agree. It takes time and evidence of change to regain trust in a person, a politician, or a political party. They don't have to agree, they have to think and act like a mentally healthy, mature, civil person or party. 

I am not particularly a party loyal person, & anyone who is so extremely loyal to a party to support a completely unqualified, ignorant, self-centered, spoiled, frighteningly dangerous nutcase, who cares nothing about anything but golf, deserves no respect from anyone.

Patricia, I heartily agree!

I want so badly to see him brought down, but all the stalling around just makes it more likely he'll die of old age first. I also want to see him stripped of that title, but that's not likely either at this rate.

When the republicans clean house of all the Trumpists and return to being a one nation party once again. But like the Tory Party back in the UK they've swayed too far to the right. 

Just think of all the rallies Trump has held instead of creating a plan to manage climate change, and to gain control over the viruses, or to take effective action developing better education and medical plans. We still don't have the health plan he promised to replace Obama-care. And what about homelessness, hunger, clean energy? 

Trump, you are fired!

That should have been done within his first 6 months.

Of course he should have completed these tasks. He didn't even finish his beloved wall. 

Golf is what's important dontcha know.

This is the wall we needed:

A wall to keep America safe? (Brick wall sealing Trump's mouth) That should do it

One of the best portraits of scump.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service