Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"To be honest, Stephen, I despair for the fate of the world. Thanks for the story and the pics, Ian,…"
2 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Peggy Detmers
""Happy Birthday!""
3 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Pie and mash. They didn't have eels though. "
4 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Back in DK after a week in England. Very nice it was too. The family are chugging along very well.…"
4 hours ago
Stephen Brodie replied to Markie Isabella Strange's discussion Where did the time go by Markie Strange in the group Poetry Of The Mind
"As I get older, Tick tock where did the time go is the question most on my mind. Thanks Markie"
5 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I despair for the fate of my country when time after time Bodger breaks all the rules and even the…"
12 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Ultimately, totalitarianism is the only sort of politics that can truly serve the sky-god's…"
20 hours ago
Chris B replied to Markie Isabella Strange's discussion Where did the time go by Markie Strange in the group Poetry Of The Mind
"Thanks! I like it very much!"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Marina Asvachin
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian posted a status
"Hello! I'am sorry if my photo was offensive and as a show of good faith in wanting to stay a member here I've deleted the photo."
yesterday
Markie Isabella Strange added 2 discussions to the group Poetry Of The Mind
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Markie Isabella Strange's blog post Update: 2022
"I can only imagine. Screw all judgemental religions. "
yesterday
Markie Isabella Strange replied to Markie Isabella Strange's discussion Black Swan by Markie Strange in the group Poetry Of The Mind
"I'm not so sure, I think it lives in everyone."
yesterday
Markie Isabella Strange commented on Markie Isabella Strange's blog post Update: 2022
"Thank you, brass bullocks (metaphorical or otherwise) are a necessity when dealing with the bible…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Markie Isabella Strange's blog post Update: 2022
"The UK is on the whole a very accepting country, especially in regards to LBGTQ matters so I have…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie replied to Markie Isabella Strange's discussion Fire and Brimstone by Markie Strange in the group Poetry Of The Mind
"Thanks, Markie thats very generous of you "
yesterday
Stephen Brodie replied to Markie Isabella Strange's discussion Black Swan by Markie Strange in the group Poetry Of The Mind
"Nice poem Markie. Poetry is an art form well beyond my ability."
yesterday
Markie Isabella Strange replied to Markie Isabella Strange's discussion Fire and Brimstone by Markie Strange in the group Poetry Of The Mind
"Hell, yeah. I've used Fiverr for a few of my songs. If you know anyone I'd be more than…"
yesterday
Markie Isabella Strange commented on Markie Isabella Strange's blog post Update: 2022
"I've had some unexpected support, in my community. I live in the middle of the bible belt of…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

SALADS.
The Greeks and the Romans both enjoyed dishes of green leaf vegetables dressed with salted olive oil.
The English word “salad” is derived from the Latin word meaning salted.
To-day there is a large variety of dishes called salads but they are based on three basic styles of salads:
The garden or green salad which are based on the use fresh green leafy vegetables such as Lettuce, Rocket, young Cabbage etc and are normally dressed with an oil based dressing.
Vegetable salad which is based on a variety of fresh and cooked vegetables and are normally dressed with a vinaigrette or mayonnaise based dressing.
Bound salad, which is a salad that that holds it shape when placed on the plate with an ice-cream scoop. These are made from a variety of fresh, preserved and cooked vegetables, heavily dressed with a mayonnaise or sour cream based dressings.
During hot weather, salads are invaluable as they are cool and refreshing either as a side dish or as the main dish of the meal.
A perfect salad looks cool and inviting and the skill applied in blending the the ingredients makes for a pleasurable eating experience.
To make the perfect salad requires the the fruit, vegetables and herbs used must be of the best quality and as fresh as possible.
HINTS.
Never use salt in the water to wash or freshen the lettuce in.
Never sprinkle the lettuce once it is cut up with salt as the lettuce will lose its crispness.
Dry the lettuce by shaking it in a cloth before cutting up.
Lettuce and greens are better shredded than cut up.
Cucumbers can be made crisper by sprinkling with salt after being cut up about 15 minutes before being required. Any liquid that forms can be poured off before using.
To prevent eggs discolouring, place the eggs in to boiling water and boil for 12 minutes then plunge the eggs into icy cold water to cool them quickly.
All vegetables and fruit that are used to make the salad must be cold and clean.

Views: 613

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, appreciated.

I love pomegranates and pomegranate juice and adding also a bit of pomegrante seeds to salads, but I do not like sweet dressing so I think I won't like the molasses in salads, but I suppose I should try before deciding against it.

Here's how I make beet salad: I mix cooked beets, chopped smallish with cooked white rice, red onions thinly cut, and chopped hard boiled eggs (if you are watching your cholesterol you can use just the egg whites), you can add carrots too (I prefer to leave them out), chop a lot of parsley. Make a dressing with just a bit of mayo for creaminess, a tad of olive oil, and lots of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and some pepper. It's tastier if served at room temperature.

Sounds yummy! Parsley is a popular ingredient always..

I prefer a plowman's lunch over salad personally. Same ingredients, different arrangement and cuts.   I present to you a traditional English lunch.

The ploughman's lunch that I am familiar with is a slab of Cheese, a Loaf of bread and a bottle of Ale.

That is a good lunch too! :-)

I forgot they also have pickled onions as well.

HI! 

I want to share with you one of my favourite salad - Tomato salad

Try)

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service