Feedback and Notes

No Gods or Scumps Allowed

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"And he wants to run a country? How ''wonderful''...."
7 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
7 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"All the other party leaders have appeared on the Andrew Neil program but Borass knows he will get…"
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"Such a piece of work! Our news said neither jerksin, nor Corbyn were doing well in the polls, &…"
7 hours ago
"Keep trying Mrs B and it should play"
7 hours ago
"Video cannot be played, Stephen."
10 hours ago
"Surely this photo proves the Tories are lying about their creeping privatisation of the NHS."
13 hours ago
"Oh, this is just sublime."
14 hours ago
"He's a pedophile in the worst sense with her."
14 hours ago
"isn't this photo just about the creepiest ever taken? On the backseat of his limo with his…"
14 hours ago
"Tough."
14 hours ago
14 hours ago
"At the latest and last one on one debate between Borass and Corbyn people have noticed that Borass…"
yesterday
"Borass passes a homeless man and his dog and doesn't give him a seconds thought. "
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"I heard some blurb about wanting that in the regular curriculum in our schools!!!!"
yesterday
"Even with his mouth rarely closed, scump looks like an idiot. I like J. Corbyn better &…"
yesterday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
Friday
Stephen left a comment for Adriana
"Happy birthday Adriana. Have a great day. Enjoy yourself."
Friday
"Jeremy Corbyn releases leaked government documents that show Boris Johnson 'lied about Brexit…"
Friday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"It would seem that Jesus wasn't crucified after all but was killed by a sniper whilst on…"
Friday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

ANOTHER OF the THREE,

RELIGION-FREE,

~WORLD WIDE~

***HOLIDAYS***

IS COMING AROUND!!!

THE SUMMER SOLCTICE!!!!!!!!!

JUNE 21ST

THE LONGEST DAY OF THE YEAR!!

I suggest, all members of this website, plan to make PANCAKES that morning, to represent the sun making it's longest appearance of the entire year.

Spread the word, all atheists should eat pancakes on June 21st.

WHAT ARE YOUR SUMMER SOLTICE TRADITIONS OR CUSTOMS?

HOW WILL YOU CELEBRATE THIS CELESTIAL EVENT??

Views: 1843

Replies to This Discussion

There is a cartoonist that I love that this reminds me of.  Lynda Barry.  Google her and you'll see.  You should publish a regular cartoon in the paper, make a bazillion dollars and you and I can go to Italy together. 
This is absolutley hysterical.  Can you post on Facebook?  I want to share it with all of my friends.

yes, see the 'f" icon up above, you click on the "f", and the entire thread gets posted on facebook. 

Or, just copy and save the comic, and just post that.

HAPPY SOLSTICE!!!

That's back to front! Summer Solstice is in December, not June.

for real?  Summer solstice is in December?.....?

Ey, here comes Dumb Question #2)

Does summer solstice = longest day of year for both hemispheres of this planet??  Or, for southern hemisphere, would they have shortest day of the year?

either way, PANCAKES ALL AROUND, I SAY!!

Pssst... (whispering) Stephen is Australian.

Summer solstice is the longest day of the year in both hemispheres. It's just that the seasons are opposed between the hemispheres. The northern summer is the southern winter. So, your Summer Solstice is our Winter Solstice, and therefore shortest day of the year.

But I do agree, any excuse for a pancake is a grand excuse! I can just say the pancake represents the returning Sun, as the days start to get longer.

//"I can just say the pancake represents the returning Sun, as the days start to get longer."//

PERFECT!!!  (leaves to ponder how much more tolerable winter could be, if not for the short days...so little sunshine, such dark evenings, with darkness coming on before dinner even....)

and for northern hemisphere, our pancakes, being round symbols of the sun, can rep both our LONGEST DAY OF THE ENTIRE YEAR.....and our disappearing sun...

OR, MAYBE, if summers would mean nice weather,

but gets dark very very early,

guess maybe i'd prefer it THIS way, of the northern hemisphere.....

hmm.

but wow, short days + winter = lousy, long winter....

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service