Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

RichardtheRaelian left a comment for ella james
""Happy Birthday!""
4 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"If God wants something from me, he would tell me. He wouldn't leave someone else to do this,…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Mary Fox
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"!"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
yesterday
"Atheism may be defined as the mental attitude which unreservedly accepts the supremacy of reason…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Caitlyn
""Happy Birthday!""
Monday
"... and keep EVERYONE else UNDER THEM. It's all about power plays and pecking orders and King…"
Sunday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"in short, the bible is written by some men in power, to strengthen their power and give them a…"
Sunday
"What does the bible say about child abuse, abuse of women and owning them, owning slaves, killing…"
Sunday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Jasville Kent
""Happy Birthday!""
Sunday
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Thanks for the Freud quote."
Sunday
"The whole thing [religion] is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a…"
Saturday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Ayumimori
""Happy Birthday!""
Saturday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"Considering that the death toll at Pearl Harbor as a result of the Japanese attack was over 2,400,…"
Friday
Onyango M commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"was the attack on PH unexpected? Was it really a surprise? a provocation? or a response ?"
Friday
"Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters. -- Rosa Luxemburg It always seems to start out that…"
Friday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Amie Nicole
""Happy Birthday!"P.S:Personally I like the term dreamwalker myself."
Friday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"Very true, Randall.  The Missiles of October were more of a diplomatic and cold-war…"
Thursday
Randall Smith commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"T What became known as the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 was another such surprise. The result…"
Thursday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

NYC Museum of Sex puts skeletons posed in sexual positions on display

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 3:48 PM

A German tourist stares a pair of human skeletons in the windows of the Museum of Sex in Manhattan.
Craig Warga/News
A German tourist stares a pair of human skeletons in the windows of the Museum of Sex in Manhattan.
The display is part of the 'Lovers from the Hereafter'
Craig Warga/News
The display is part of the 'Lovers from the Hereafter'

A French sculptor has raised eyebrows - and the blood pressure of some critics - by placing skeletons in provocative positions in the windows of (where else?) Manhattan's Museum of Sex.

The exhibition by Jean-Marc Laroche is aptly named, "Lovers from the Hereafter."

"The idea that the party can go on in another world is rather cheering," Laroche said. "Seeing death in this form is another way of exorcising it, or playing it down."
Made from varnished resin and given bulging eyes, Laroche cut straight to the marrow and put the life-sized skeletons in positions right out of the Kama Sutra.

That stopped dozens of passersby heading down Fifth Avenue in their tracks Thursday.

"I did a double-take," said Anna Schwartz of Ditmas Park, Brooklyn. "It's definitely eye-catching. It's not what you typically see in a store front."

A German tourist who said his name was Klaus grinned and began taking pictures.

"This is just funny," he said. "I'm sort of amused. I need to take photos to show my wife. She's back in Germany."

British tourist Richard Hardill, however, was not amused and said he "won't be going in" the museum.

"This is more than enough for me," he said. "I think I'll walk up Broadway instead."

Several families quickened their pace at the sight of the sculptures, and didn't stop to explain whether it was the skeletons - or what they were doing - that they found upsetting.

"This isn't for children," one stroller-pushing mom said.

Catholic League president Bill Donohue said the museum has stooped to a new low.

Views: 1797

Replies to This Discussion

Yes it is! LOL!

The first picture is so romantic <3

BWAHAHA! @ the second picture :P

Yes, exactly! LOL

RSS

© 2023   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service