Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That works, but I'm still careful with men and cars..."
4 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"A natural reaction, Stephen. It's the way the brain works. Some positive experiences will…"
5 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for KAYCEE
""Happy Birthday!""
8 hours ago
Chris B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"I hope they'll lock him up, but the damage he has done will take years to repair."
9 hours ago
Andy Stout replied to Stephen Brodie's discussion Stephen Hawking makes it clear: There is no God
"We humans have ALWAYS "lived in a fools' paradise". I wish space-aliens luck, if…"
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Of course you will. But you hear this from victims everywhere....if someone has a scar/tattoo,…"
17 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thank you Mrs.B, I think you are right but it still hate that he has made me feel this…"
17 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"Totally sickening, shameful, outrageous, selfish, corrupt, arrogant, murdering, lowlife!"
18 hours ago
"You'd have that same feeling about anyone who'd done this, Stephen, Caucasian, Asian,…"
19 hours ago
"Thank you Randall and yes very upsetting but what I hate most is that because the…"
22 hours ago
Kurt Neuleuf commented on Kurt Neuleuf's blog post Life on Earth
"Stephen I am 60% atheist and 40% agnostic. I am searching for meaning and answers, because if I go…"
yesterday
Randall Smith commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I'm so sorry, Stephen! After having my house broken into and ransacked, I can understand your…"
yesterday
"I'm slowly getting back to normal Chris thanks for asking."
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Nothing draws people more quickly away from religion than an open mind. — Hemant Mehta Got…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Melanie Elyse Brewster
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Such a horrible experience, Stephen! How do you feel now? Less rattled?"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"Just got home from town so will watch later."
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth News
"The Case for Prosecuting Trump"
yesterday
"Oh the stuff of nightmares!"
yesterday
"When the woman and I were talking to the she was extremely upset because the coward hit her before…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I'm an Atheist. I have been for a while now. But What I don't Quite understand is why Are So many people against it?

Views: 906

Replies to This Discussion

More about Netrinos 

Researchers make new discovery about neutrinos, bringing us one step closer to perhaps solving one of the biggest mystery

Jacqueline.

Re;

"What I don't Quite understand is why Are So many people against it?"

It's not so many but rather the few. Religious people are the minority group and being outnumbered they feel insecure.

Me, I am more of a Daoist, Confucian, Buddhist. Even Jesus was educated in a Buddhist monastery in Kashmir.

From what I have read over the years there were Buddhist in Alexandria where Jesus's family lived during their time in self exile! 

Me, I am just a follower of the Noble eightfold path and take notice of the Kalama Sutta which urges us to use our critical mind to figure things out!

Davy.

I am not quite sure who said it, "Live Confucius die a Buddha"

Never heard that before!

If you have a couple of hours to spare, this is well worth watching.

Myth is easy to sell and hard to give up. Even in the secular world, we have mythology that gives us quick and easy answers that is pleasing to our monkey brains. LOL We don't like work, so we have a tendency to let someone else tell us how things are. We think of ourselves as highly evolved creatures, in one way that's true, but we are toddlers in our time. Human existence has only been here for a splinter of time. We are babys.

this is so true in so many ways

Hello Jacqueline! Atheists here are against me for being a Raelian or in other words atheists who believe in aliens but it is much more complicated than that.I'am not sure my situation helps you with yours I just thought I'd bring it up because most atheists don't think a Raelian is a true atheist personally I think I'am on the brink of being banned from this site because of my Raelian belief's that some have called insane anyway I hope you will find acceptance here among your fellow atheists.I already accept you as a atheist even though I'am currently a Raelian.Have a nice day and time here take care of yourself and smile as well as laugh for no reason other than to be positive goodbye my friend signed,RichardtheRaelian!

No one is banning Richard. We have only observed there is no difference between belief in aliens and belief in angels. All same group of absurdities.

I'm sorry you feel or more likely imagine some sort of persecution against you for being a Raelian, this couldn't be further from the truth. We don't criticise what you are only the ideas you espouse. 

So many people are against atheism because so many are for theism.

The more succinct question is, why are so many people theists?

1) There is absolutely NO reason to believe that a god exists, since there is no proof that a god exists.

2) The Biblical god, that billions of people believe exists, is a self-proclaimed GENOCIDAL MURDERER, who threatens to burn us all alive, unless we cower in fear before him; worship him; and obey his every command.

WHY, indeed, would any SANE, RATIONAL person believe in—and worship—an imaginary, monstrous being?

THAT is your answer.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service