Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"A relic from the days when BeeBeeCee English was the only acceptable form. I thought those days…"
3 hours ago
Randall Smith commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"No offence, but oh so boring to watch. Same with baseball and golf. Yawn."
3 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"The idea of the sacred is quite simply one of the most conservative notions in any culture, because…"
5 hours ago
Richard Levison left a comment for Danielle Zana
""Happy Birthday!""
5 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"So childish, to talk about someone's accent."
7 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"WORDSMITH  Tokyo 2020: Digby Jones hits back after fierce criticism of his dig at Alex…"
11 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"I'm not a fan of Football(Soccer) in the Olympic games but I've been watching some of the…"
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
19 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Chill out Jazz. "
19 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Emapea    Jazzy"
19 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
" Loren not only do I sing without god I sing better songs as well."
20 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I'd say."
21 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Richard Levison's photo
Thumbnail

hollow_earth

"Me, too, Stephen.  This makes exactly ZERO sense."
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Richard Levison's photo
Thumbnail

hollow_earth

"Oh, dear. Richard, you've totally lost me."
yesterday
Loren Miller posted a blog post

On Losing the Naïveté: Confronting Unreality

Something which does not exist cannot help us, but chronic dependence on something which fails to…See More
yesterday
""Without the gods, how would I sing?" I asked."With your own voice," he said.…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Ash rain on our daughter's car...."
yesterday
Joan Denoo commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"and I want to point out his sexist, racist proclivities. "
yesterday
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"The photos and narrative about Ribe Cathedral tell fascinating stories of its long history.…"
yesterday
"Oh, we know Yahweh is malevolent, Joan.  Dawkins covered that very well in one sentence. …"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Join our fifth annual Halloween campaign against abusive child labor in the cocoa supply chain. With a reverse trick-or-treating kit, kids can go door to door, handing Fair Trade chocolate back to adults, to let them know that you can find chocolates made by companies with fair supply chains.

This year, there are two ways to order Halloween chocolate kits:

1. Kits for individual families are available through Global Exchange for $7.50. Each kit contains 15 mini chocolates, informational cards and an instruction leaflet. Order your kit by October 11 »
  2. Larger groups can order kits through Equal Exchange for $24.50 plus shipping. Each kit includes 150 minis, informational cards, and instructions Order your group kit from October 3- October 7 »

More ways to take action this Halloween:

• Order Fair Trade chocolate to give out to your trick-or-treaters. Check out our Chocolate Scorecard to see which Fair Trade chocolate companies have minis.
  • Screen The Dark Side of Chocolate in your community and collect petition signatures for the CEO of Hershey as part of our Raise the Bar, Hershey! Campaign.
  • Join the Raise the Bar, Hershey! Campaign's Halloween photo-petition contest to send Hershey the message that we won’t accept halloween candy made with forced child labor.

Here’s how the contest works:

1. Write a big, clear message to Hershey on a sheet of paper, or print out our standard message here.

2. Take a picture of yourself holding your message.  If you’re able to wear your Halloween costume, it’s even better.

3. Email your photo to info@raisethebarhershey.org for a chance to win free Fair Trade chocolate from Divine Chocolate.
Don't forget to also upload your photo to Hershey’s Facebook wall on Halloween (Monday, October 31st) for extra impact!

The prize will go to the most compelling photo message and will be announced on Tuesday November 1st, 2011.

Views: 107

Replies to This Discussion

ohhhhhhhhh, child labor in the cocoa fields!!?? oh wow, i didn't know, this is gonna ruin chocolate for me...I never ever pass candy on Halloween anyway, i make food-free treat bags with lil toys and puzzles in them.  which, come to think of it, are probably all made in china...

Brilliant idea!

Thnx for posting.

I agree with Michel

me too!

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service