Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Hahahahaha.....maybe shooting blanks?"
47 minutes ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Joseph got busy only after he was told he was getting help"
1 hour ago
Chris B commented on Doone's group World History
"Great! I enjoyed the mosaics in Naples enormously and this is just as beautiful!"
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group World History
"That's fantastic!"
2 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That explains a lot, thanks! Such a destruction!"
2 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Doone's group World History
"Extraordinary Roman mosaic & villa discovered beneath farmer's field in Rutland Just the…"
4 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thanks, Joan.  I found this online. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple_Express"
7 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Totally agreed! It's great to see you again, Joan!"
8 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Good to see you back Joan hope everything is good with you."
8 hours ago
dead jawa posted a blog post

Russell's Lighthouse

I think both theists and atheists don't realize the full ramifications of Russell's Teapot. I would…See More
9 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"@Ian,  here is an answer from " "CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER/NCEP/NWS and the…"
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I swam in this lake years ago."
11 hours ago
"BC FLOODS: HIGHWAY UPDATE, COQUIHALLA CONSTRUCTION & TRUDEAU ARRIVAL - Nov. 26, 2021"
11 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Good to see you, Joan."
12 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Thanks, Dan Baker, for your wisdom! And thanks, Loren, for your post. "The agnostic says,…"
13 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Hahaha.....sounds like Rick too."
13 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"And a good author."
13 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
" Mrs.B I don't know about Snore Dog but I've been told that's how I sound…"
13 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
" Mrs.B perhaps Joseph was an Incel"
13 hours ago
"Heat Dome in  summer, & these Atmospheric Rivers are totally new terms to us."
13 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Who doesn't want to be younger but with the same wisdom they've acquired ?

When little lines start to set in next to your eyes or you'r getting laugh lines, do you wish your skin was still smooth, that  nothing sagged,  no shadow under your eyes, you're not balding and your hair are not getting thinner ?  

Is this a general wishful thinking: to be young (and having more years ahead ?) to look young, wishful thinking dictated by, maybe, our society's strange set of values ? When you're getting akes and pains, do you wish your body wouldn't remind you of your biological clock ? and wishing you could keep the experiences, the knowledge, well the same mind set you have acquired over the years ?  Is it an unconscious desire for eternal life ???

I would believe that the the "looking young" part and maybe feeling "more attractive" for a lot of people who are body conscious (some are more than others) is pretty much general in our society as opposed to eastern civilizations or maybe past eras...  But, maybe on the other hand, this is some kind of what could be called an "urban legend" solidified by all those movies, shows, ads showing young people, happy ,so often looking anorexic, beautiful young women, or beautiful young muscled men with the beard shadow...

Often, I wonder if I am one who doesn't want to look old and if this is only vanity from my part...

And what do you think of this phenomenon ?      

Views: 320

Replies to This Discussion

iwasa a very careful kid but then as anadult i wound up minus a leg after a motorcycle accident. i also was told less then 50% chance.

It seems like ?/some/many/ men do more dangerous activities from around 16 yrs to 30 yrs old. Maybe injuries gotten during those years are worse.

agree with that. thats why i wouldn't trade even my disabled body for youth

Neither would I...

I guess I'm the only crazy one who would trade without thinking twice!! I would even go through my two pregnancies and deliveries again, LOLZ!

One of your many atypical properties =)

I take that as a compliment :-)

i had tons of dangerous accidents and near misses as a child. then when i was 42 i hit a car which disabled me and almost kilt me

what i meant by beibng a careful kid was in referance to adults. i was careful not to piss them off is what i meant.

That makes sense. I'm sorry about your disability.

ohhhh i dint reailize you were responsible?? ha ha ha ha

Fortunately, I haven't been in an injury auto accident. Were you wearing a helmet when that happened and did it happen in Japan?

yes yes. the helmet, a full face helmet, came off with a huge gash in it during the accident.  all i remember is seeing the car in front of me and then i woke up on the street in front of the car. it happened in japan

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service