Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Religious Justification to Overthrow Democracy in the group Right Wing Whackos
"And what about the more mainstream Christian teaching of obeying civil authority because it was…"
27 minutes ago
Chris B replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Ominous Scale of Environmental Erosion in the group Science!
"That was where I found the poem."
35 minutes ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"WOTMQ: With Great Power..."
4 hours ago
Stephen Brodie replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Religious Justification to Overthrow Democracy in the group Right Wing Whackos
"That's been a worrying trend for quite some time but Trump has eccelerated it. Where are the…"
6 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Right Wing Whackos
Thumbnail

Religious Justification to Overthrow Democracy

"... INC Christianity is significantly changing the religious landscape in America – and the…See More
6 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Ominous Scale of Environmental Erosion in the group Science!
"Thank you! That reminded me of the chapter "There Will Come Soft Rains" from Ray…"
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Yeah, especially when we were virus free until late last summer. And all because of leaving the…"
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Yes, I thought so too."
8 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
" Mrs.B looks like its gonna get worse before it gets better "
8 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Good one  Mrs.B "
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"B.C.’s rapid response paramedics deployed to Williams Lake as COVID-19 cases climb –…"
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
"Wow!"
10 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
"Dinosaur found in Argentina may be largest land animal ever https://bit.ly/3bOVa56"
13 hours ago
Randall Smith commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Adding to "the list", I do the following: work on a jigsaw puzzle (1000 pieces), play…"
16 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought…"
16 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
18 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That's great, Ian!"
18 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I happened to retire and start a new romance a couple of months before the virus hit. Therefore I…"
19 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Your remember when "god' was born?

It all started with the spark from a flint that ignited some dry grass nearby. Suddenly, he leapt into the air and reeling backwards, landed squarely in all fours! Shivering in the bitterly cold night air he felt a curious warmth. Looking around he saw none of the tribe (for he had been banished that very morning for beating up on his partner with his giant bat for her believing in the "gods"!).

Slowly, he crept ever closer to the heat, and grew more and more warm and cosy. Close up he abruptly leapt into the air and, hands high he prayed to the sky for giving him the pleasure he was now feeling!

And thus, the "god" of fire was born! All due to the ignorance of man which continues to this day...

p.s. He successfully was welcomed back into the tribe and forgiven for his sins because he had proved beyond doubt that "god" or "the gods" do exist! 

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't forget all the volcanoes, thunder/lightning, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes............

Not enough hours in the day for all that worshipping......hahaha.........

We've all wondered how religion started, the discovery of fire is a good, one or as good as any.

Maybe when tribes formed & someone seemed to be a leader controller, the ''elder'', or the shaman, had to be obeyed.

Any other tribe was the ''enemy'' because their ways weren't ''your'' ways, & superstition was rampant because of things not understood........

Then it could have expanded into the invisibility gawds because of natural occurrences......earthquakes, thunder, lightning, floods.........

God was born "Pre-History"

The beauty of diversity. Sea Butterfly.

Its easy to see why Homo sapiens invent gods with all kinds of attributes and qualities. This said, it quickly devolves into a power struggle between the original writings and the apologies put forward to gain control over the writings and the congregants. At this point you can see where I am going with this piece, so enough said.

Exactly.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service