Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply an admission of the…"
12 hours ago
"Onyango, it ALSO sounds like a certain clique of fatuous fools who follow a certain ex-president.…"
12 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Joan, this sounds like Ivan talking to Aloysha or is it the old priest advising the young penitent.…"
16 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
""Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie…"
17 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Amanda Marcotte"
18 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
""Probing the Dark Universe" - A Lecture by Dr. Josh Frieman"
18 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I think I'll see if I can read that book."
23 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Another important book was Piri Thomas's Down These Mean Streets."
23 hours ago
"If we fail to remember or can no longer remember the stories of our ancestors, that wisdom cannot…"
yesterday
"Davy, I am very sorry you were not able to sit down with your elders and hear their stories, see…"
yesterday
"I had two years of exposure to Black students in a Washington, D.C. housing project and was able to…"
yesterday
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Just a little something Awabakal/ Awabaghal  means People of the plain. I think that the plain…"
yesterday
"Stephen I do not expect you to feel ashamed of who you are for you did not carry out the events of…"
yesterday
"I think there has been some misunderstanding to my last post about my Mother.It was My…"
yesterday
Randall Smith commented on A Former Member's group The Burgeoning Family Tree of Monkey Men and Women
"Interesting,  indeed. Thanks, Davy."
yesterday
"Adam Savage's appearance at the 2012 Reason Rally was, to me, among the genuine highlights of…"
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"You had a very brave mother, Davy. The way Europeans have treated other humans beings around the…"
yesterday
"Davy, I'm sorry to learn of the many challenges your mother faced. She had to have courage and…"
yesterday
Onyango Makagutu commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Davy i like your mama. That took a lot of courage and you have turned out well for yourself. A lot…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Nice bike ride."
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

What do you read for your source of news. What media outlets. My favorites are the Financial times, the Banker( http://www.thebanker.com) not well known. Sometimes CNN. I also read arrticles from other media but only when someone sends me the link. I read the globe and mail newspaper for Canadian news, but I dont go to their website. What are your media habits. How do you get informed on matters?

Views: 610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

zdrm: Check out The Economist

Zach, if you want to learn about the fun in the financial world check out http://www.maxkeiser.com/

I am liking this thread.
I read news on my phone, in app called "Smart News" on my breaks.  But, like most news apps, it will begin to feed what you click on.....i clicked on karen stories and now, i am getting 5 a day now.  lol.  I also scan google's discovery at times, for less political news (i am obsessed with news of sharks and whales, for example)
I am fond of Al Jazeera, Business INsider, New York Times, BBC, and Young Turks.
I like RAchel Maddow and the new Reid Out show, and i like several anchors.
I also watch ClusterFox "news" at times, ---just to see How in the World are they gonna spin THAT ?    when t-RUMP has done something especially egregious.   Turns out, they mostly do not even cover it, or they couch it inbetween multiple panelists saying how it is okay he did that.  Fascinating to watch how it is done over there, creepy AF but fascinating.  I can not watch it for long, and some of their anchors, i can not bear at all, not even for a minute, but, i do look over there now and then to see how they spin it.
well,
truth be told, rather than turn on faux news, i am more likely to head over to their website, and scan the headlines.   FAscinating to compare the headlines CNN or MSNBC vs Faux news.

For local news i watch local channel briefly and look at an app called Patch, which is not really very good.  For example, tRUMP was in my town the other day, patch did not mention it and i was trying to find out if the protest was very big.  Couldn't find it.  I almost called in sick to join in the protest there.

NOW i am New to RT, thanks to this thread.
I also watch RealTime on my HBOnow app, and i go to youtube to watch late night comedians to get myself to laugh at all this craziness, i look for Seth Meyers a closer look, sometimes Daily show, SNL news cast, jimmy kimmel and fallon, well, i like almost all the late night comedians.

and my newest favorite comedian today is Sarah Cooper
https://youtu.be/omTd0bvQT_M

sorry, but i GOTTA use comedy to get through this presidency.... and, as someone else said earlier, comedy can be used to catch stories we might have missed.  

I don't watch or read that much news. Occasionally I check on google news or read a local daily if i pass by one but generally I give news a wide berth

I start at Science Daily, Google News, Alternet, and the climate and coronavirus Reddits. Used to go to Arctic Sea Ice Graphs daily, until the pandemic took priority. With hubby I watch CNN.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service