Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Chris congrats on your First jab. A Good sleep cure many ills doesn't it. It was only on…"
39 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"Yes, I saw that Chelsea won. Congrats to them--and you, as a fan."
1 hour ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Science can teach us, and I think our hearts can teach us, no longer to look around for imaginary…"
3 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thanks Ian. The tiredness disappears quickly too."
4 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Good to hear, Chris. I hope you slept well. That side effect seems to be common and a lot of people…"
5 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I got my first Pfizer vaccine. They checked my allergies thoroughly and kept me long at the site to…"
6 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"                         Man. City…"
12 hours ago
"Randall that's nice of you to say that, but the programmes were just gathering dust. And…"
16 hours ago
"Stephen, that was kind of you. I'm sure they appreciated your gift."
yesterday
"Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you…"
yesterday
"Randall I knew I was talking to a proper sports fan. It's like looking into a mirror. I…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Odd, that."
yesterday
"Sold my 1950's baseball card collection  the other day--all 3000+ cards. A dealer bought…"
Friday
"I see Atheists are fighting and killing each other again, over who doesn't believe in any God…"
Friday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Green Gardening
"It's still cool for the time of year, but our roof garden got a good soak from a week of rain.…"
Friday
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"You can't beat live music, and to listen to an orchestra is wonderful."
Friday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"You DEMAND we open our border???!!! How about you get your case numbers down to zero first, &…"
Friday
"Yes Randall Chelsea have reached both the national FA Cup final and the best is they have…"
Thursday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Oh you must have had a great time Ian!!! I LOVE Rhapsody In Blue!!!"
Thursday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group AGING ATHEISTS
"This evening the first symphony orchestra concert for months. A pleasant pot pourri of short pieces…"
Thursday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

What do you read for your source of news. What media outlets. My favorites are the Financial times, the Banker( http://www.thebanker.com) not well known. Sometimes CNN. I also read arrticles from other media but only when someone sends me the link. I read the globe and mail newspaper for Canadian news, but I dont go to their website. What are your media habits. How do you get informed on matters?

Views: 618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

zdrm: Check out The Economist

Zach, if you want to learn about the fun in the financial world check out http://www.maxkeiser.com/

I am liking this thread.
I read news on my phone, in app called "Smart News" on my breaks.  But, like most news apps, it will begin to feed what you click on.....i clicked on karen stories and now, i am getting 5 a day now.  lol.  I also scan google's discovery at times, for less political news (i am obsessed with news of sharks and whales, for example)
I am fond of Al Jazeera, Business INsider, New York Times, BBC, and Young Turks.
I like RAchel Maddow and the new Reid Out show, and i like several anchors.
I also watch ClusterFox "news" at times, ---just to see How in the World are they gonna spin THAT ?    when t-RUMP has done something especially egregious.   Turns out, they mostly do not even cover it, or they couch it inbetween multiple panelists saying how it is okay he did that.  Fascinating to watch how it is done over there, creepy AF but fascinating.  I can not watch it for long, and some of their anchors, i can not bear at all, not even for a minute, but, i do look over there now and then to see how they spin it.
well,
truth be told, rather than turn on faux news, i am more likely to head over to their website, and scan the headlines.   FAscinating to compare the headlines CNN or MSNBC vs Faux news.

For local news i watch local channel briefly and look at an app called Patch, which is not really very good.  For example, tRUMP was in my town the other day, patch did not mention it and i was trying to find out if the protest was very big.  Couldn't find it.  I almost called in sick to join in the protest there.

NOW i am New to RT, thanks to this thread.
I also watch RealTime on my HBOnow app, and i go to youtube to watch late night comedians to get myself to laugh at all this craziness, i look for Seth Meyers a closer look, sometimes Daily show, SNL news cast, jimmy kimmel and fallon, well, i like almost all the late night comedians.

and my newest favorite comedian today is Sarah Cooper
https://youtu.be/omTd0bvQT_M

sorry, but i GOTTA use comedy to get through this presidency.... and, as someone else said earlier, comedy can be used to catch stories we might have missed.  

I don't watch or read that much news. Occasionally I check on google news or read a local daily if i pass by one but generally I give news a wide berth

I start at Science Daily, Google News, Alternet, and the climate and coronavirus Reddits. Used to go to Arctic Sea Ice Graphs daily, until the pandemic took priority. With hubby I watch CNN.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service