Feedback and Notes

No Gods or Scumps Allowed

Latest Activity

Onyango Makagutu commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"Stephen how could your countrymen and women vote in Borass as you so adoringly call him? Is there…"
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Thomas Hunscher
"Happy Birthday Thomas, Have a great day"
15 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Theresa Kappos
15 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Alexandria Guerrero
"Happy birthday Alexandria. Have a great day"
15 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Bruce W Hammond
"Happy birthday Bruce. Have a great day."
15 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"Why am I not surprised."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"There's been rioting outside Downing Street tonight "
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
"I guess it's bottom of the barrel scrapings for politicians these days."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and an Inept Cockwomble who hates Humans News
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Chrissy Mein
"Happy Birthday Chrissy! Have a great day"
yesterday
"That 5 years will take forever......."
yesterday
"Oh for crying out loud five years of Borass in number 10. Where is a British Lee Harvey Oswald…"
yesterday
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Done. Your friend is right. That's how I see the USofA. It seems that middle America has…"
Thursday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Hahaha...."
Thursday
Doone commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"From Twitter  An old uni friend send me this map saying "This is definitely how I see the…"
Thursday
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"Criminals, the lot of 'em. Why don't they sell off some of their artwork if they're…"
Thursday
"Well if that's love, I'll stay to myself."
Thursday
Thursday
"Oops"
Thursday
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion, Please!
"The Vatican is using donations for the poor to fight its budget deficit, report says As little as…"
Thursday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Hall of Shame

The church is a heavy burden that rests uneasily upon man's shoulders. It crushes the weak and tortures the strong, it abuses the frail and hunts the healthy; it keeps all of us in our place. There is no desire for man to succeed in this world, the church will not have that. Everything you are or might be is by the grace of god.

Being nothing is a fairly easy state to attain. Death is nothing. It doesn't take work, it doesn't take thought; you don't need to be something. For all that is needed from you from your god is acceptance and obeyance, and your name will be inscribed in the hall of fame. Pastors and priests elevate the thought that what you do on this earth matters not. Why be a scientist? It doesn't matter that you make people's lives comfortable since the end game is god. Why engineer roads and bridges, why go to the moon, why do anything? It just doesn't matter.

The beginning, and ending, of a poem that highlights how easily a life of honor in the name of god can be had goes like this:

Your name may not appear in this world’s Hall of Fame,
in fact it may be that no one knows your name.
This hall of fame is only good as long as time shall be;
but keep in mind “God’s Hall of Fame” is for Eternity.

I tell you friend, I wouldn’t trade my name –however small,
that’s written there, beyond the stars, in that celestial hall —
for every famous name on earth, or glory that they share.

I’d rather be an unknown down here, and have my name up there.

Yes, the bible says to do this and do that, and some actions are good but most are not. It is not a basis for life. Well, maybe a very screwed up life but nothing of real substance is taught by the church that isn't negated by other teachings of the same damn book. 

This is what god's plan really looks like for mankind. Do not achieve, because this means nothing. Do not better yours or anyone else's life since it really doesn't matter. In fact, you can just sit back and let everything go to hell, it just doesn't matter. Global warming, screw that shit. War and disease, no problem. I mean, why bother with anything? 

When a theist accomplishes something, it is only through god. This point has been made many times, but I think this shows how far the idea goes. You have to do nothing in this life but recognize Jesus as your savior, ask for forgiveness for whatever horrible shit you've done, and off to heaven with you. Clearly, even when you do something, you haven't, and if you do not do anything, it doesn't matter. 

In fact, you never ever do anything. This is god's work. There is nothing you've ever attained by using effort. There's nothing you've ever accomplished by using your mind. There is just nothing for you to do but wait for god's commands. 

And at the end, you will join all the murderers, rapists, thieves; the scum of the world will be your mates in heaven. Maybe Hitler will be your bunk-buddy. All the names on the hall of fame will be of those who have never accomplished anything except asking for forgiveness. These are the best of us, these are god's children, these are the names of grace.

These are your buddies in the Hall of Shame.

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Neal.  God is great if you are a king or an oligarchy  and want to lessen social tensions.   God was also good to God's spokespersons.  We should move on from God reasons that made sense 5000 to 6000 years ago - even then God was not a good idea for the poor.

Mankind's Role

Sumerians believed that their role in the universe was to serve the gods. To this end the ancient Sumerians devoted much of their time to ensuring their favor with the gods with worship, prayer, and sacrifice. The high gods, however, were believed to have more important things to do than to attend to the common man's every day prayers, and so personal gods were devised as intermediaries between man and the high gods. The personal gods listened to the prayers and relayed them to the high gods.

The temple was the center of worship. Each city usually had a large temple dedicated to their patron god, and might also have small shrines dedicated to other gods. Daily sacrifices were made consisting of animals and foods, such as wine, beer, milk, and meats. Additionally special occasions called for spectacular festivities that would sometimes last for days. Special feasts took place on the day of the new moon, on the 7th, 15th, and last day of the month. However, the most important day by far was the New Year.

The head of the temple was called the sanga. The sanga was responsible for ensuring the temple's finances, buildings, and day-to-day activities were all in good order. The en was the spiritual leader of the temple. The en could be a man or woman depending upon the deity. Under the en were various priest classes, such as the gudamahgalanindingir, andishib. The roles of all of these classes is not known, though the ishib was in charge of libations, and the gala was a poet or singer.

The city's main temple was usually dedicated to their patron deity. Patron deities often assumed the powers of other deities, which tended to result in confusion and contradiction in the literature of ancient Sumer. For example, ancient legends would often change to reflect the new-found popularity of a particular god. If Marduk rose to prominence, then certain legends would alter to reflect such.

God loves the poor. Accept your condition, we'll make sure you rock in the next world.

Neal this is a great read.

I think heaven should be rightly called hall of shame

It's a sad commentary that many/most in the west only know Abrihamic religious belief systems.

I don't know much about Touism, Bhuddism, Hindususim, Braham, Confucisim, Sikhism, Janism, and/or etcetera, I understand some things about Lambasting.

Fortunately the U.S. has a seperation of Church and State so each of the above and other groups can practice their beliefs as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

In sarcasim as a "Janist" I wouldn't harm a fly.  Interesting mythology- which all religion is.

Light pollution may have minimized the beauty and experience of seeing the 'Milky Way," stars, and galaxys along with the constellations and the meaning of the 'heavens'

Lead poisioning for profit/savinng in Flint Michigan.

Heil Musulini - the conglomeration of government and industry.

Michigan seems to have married Fascisism.

Bejeing China Pollution

link to news.

Link to video part 1/2.

Here's part 2 of the China story.

What's going on in Flint Michigan follows the same story of capitalism run amok.

Fortunately there are still some independent newspapers that report "News," as opposed to the four, or five here in the states that controll the media.

For fun read the following.

http://www.eacourier.com/opinion/letters_to_editor/capitalism-run-a...

Garbage Island: An Ocean Full of Plastic (Part 1/3)

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service