Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Profile IconStephen gave a gift to Loren Miller
23 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Science is incompatible with religion in the same way as serious, rigorous attempt at searching for…"
33 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Love trombones!"
1 hour ago
Randall Smith commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true. The other is to refuse to…"
1 hour ago
Stephen left a comment for Loren Miller
"Happy birthday Loren. I do hope you have a nice day."
7 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Butler said before any war, people should cast ballots. Those who vote yes must be the first to be…"
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Oh yeah!"
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Doone. I don't find those numbers very reassuring, it's great that Biden's voting…"
10 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Talented kid, for sure! And after some bass, how about some epic low BRASS! And while…"
13 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Anyone for a little bass?"
14 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Washington (CNN)President-elect Joe Biden's margin over President Donald…"
18 hours ago
Davy commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Formerly when great fortunes were only made in war, war was business ; but now when great fortunes…"
18 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"He's the epitome of ugly."
19 hours ago
Chris B commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"Fantastic!"
23 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Almighty God, I am sorry I am now an atheist, but have You read Nietzsche? -- John Fante, Ask…"
yesterday
Joan Denoo commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"This is a man who makes fun of other people's appearance. "
yesterday
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Systemic Racism - Contact Legislators in the group All things #TrumpSewer
"I agree, and I have my representative and senators' phone #s ready with my script written."
yesterday
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Open Society University Network: Local and global issues
"Stephen, the sixties were a tumultuous time, with the Civil Rights Movement in full swing,…"
yesterday
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Systemic Racism - Contact Legislators in the group All things #TrumpSewer
"I've called my congresscritters' offices, telling the Republican senator that the…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Works for me!"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I'm new here so I don't know if this topic was posted.  Rally for Reason June 4 2016

The upcoming freethought / secular  / atheist / etc rally is being heavily promoted, although some of that may be hype.  I was enthusiastic at first, because I have the time to go this time.  I have never been to a rally like this. 

On the other hand, I have a medical issue that requires daily medicaiton, which includes adverse effects of fatigue, achiness, and a little foggy mindedness.   This is why I retired, which is why I actually have a chance to go.  Besides that, I'm introverted, and don't like crowds, or airports, or the process of travelling although I do like visiting places if I could just teleport there as done on Star Trek.

I finally bought the airline tickets and made a room reservation, and researched how to ride the Metro.  I got the room based on proximity to the Metro so I could get from/to the airport without renting a car or using a taxi.  I also researched museums.  I think I will spend a day there, mainly the Smithsonian's American Indian Museum and the American History Museum.  I've never been there, the event will be at the Lincoln Memorial which is close to the Vietnam War Memorial.  I think I would be too emotional about the Vietnam War memorial so might avoid that one.  If I don't like the Rally, I have also gone to a couple of places that I always wanted to see.

Anyone else going to the Rally?  Planning to view the entire event, or see some of the US Capital?   Im not planning to attend the paid conferences, just the rally.  The June weather in Washington DC promises hot and humid, and it can be a rainy time, so bring light clothes, umbrella maybe, and if you go to museums, maybe a sweater or sweatshirt for the air conditioned atmosphere there.  Might be good to bring food, espcially if you have special considerations, like me being vegetarian.  There's always peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great

I would love to go but it too far and too expensive  

That's way better than the Promise Keepers. I worked around some people who subscribe to that.

Could you make your own shirt with stencil & felt pen?

Cant you buy a AU Tee shirt from the AU store. Perhaps they could get one to you before the date.

You can have any shirt you want through various sources.

http://atheistuniverse.net/page/the-atheist-universe-store-1

Is one source.

Some of this may have to do with what's commonly called "New Atheists," or as religionists may call "Angry Atheists."

Born without religion most of this argument doesn't make since to me.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service