Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

RichardtheRaelian left a comment for ella james
""Happy Birthday!""
4 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"If God wants something from me, he would tell me. He wouldn't leave someone else to do this,…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Mary Fox
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"!"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
yesterday
"Atheism may be defined as the mental attitude which unreservedly accepts the supremacy of reason…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Caitlyn
""Happy Birthday!""
Monday
"... and keep EVERYONE else UNDER THEM. It's all about power plays and pecking orders and King…"
Sunday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"in short, the bible is written by some men in power, to strengthen their power and give them a…"
Sunday
"What does the bible say about child abuse, abuse of women and owning them, owning slaves, killing…"
Sunday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Jasville Kent
""Happy Birthday!""
Sunday
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Thanks for the Freud quote."
Sunday
"The whole thing [religion] is so patently infantile, so foreign to reality, that to anyone with a…"
Saturday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Ayumimori
""Happy Birthday!""
Saturday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"Considering that the death toll at Pearl Harbor as a result of the Japanese attack was over 2,400,…"
Friday
Onyango M commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"was the attack on PH unexpected? Was it really a surprise? a provocation? or a response ?"
Friday
"Freedom is always the freedom of dissenters. -- Rosa Luxemburg It always seems to start out that…"
Friday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Amie Nicole
""Happy Birthday!"P.S:Personally I like the term dreamwalker myself."
Friday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"Very true, Randall.  The Missiles of October were more of a diplomatic and cold-war…"
Thursday
Randall Smith commented on Loren Miller's blog post What Happens Next Time?
"T What became known as the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 was another such surprise. The result…"
Thursday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

If I were a scientist, I'd stick to the Goldman Sachs principle: bet on both sides.

"Believe in science, believe in God" seems to cover all the possibilities and gives you the best chance for a cheery afterlife.

For a time, it was thought that astrophysicist Stephen Hawking had also left a tiny gap in his credo window for a magical deity. However, he has now come out and declared that there is no God.

He gave an interview to Spain's El Mundo in which he expressed his firm belief that el mundo was the work of scientifically explainable phenomena, not of a supreme being.

Hawking said: "Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation."

CNET

Views: 3571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't like Stephen Hawking either. He's close to the Catholic Church and appologied for exploring the beginning of the universe. The Big Bang was presented by the cleargy and may explain the origin of space and time. Singularity is an interesting subject for theoretal physicists.

I think Hawking is a sell out for appologizing to the pope for studying the Singularity.

I don't think that before the singularity there was no time.

Through history there must have been many singularities.

In time warps perhaps there are many dimentions we don't know about.

Calling Stephen Hawking a charlatan very clever. He admits like most scientists that he doesn't know how life began. But saying god did is a cop out. That doesn't answer anything, that just ends the questioning in its tracks. Chris if he apologised to the pope I'm sure he was being ironic. As for him being close to the catholic church I think you've misunderstood his motives he's already said he's an Atheist. As for you not liking him. I'm sure he's worried sick about that.

I suppose Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a charlatan as well.

Carbon based life is likely on other planets in the multiverse.

Intellegent life most likely exists on other planets in the  X number of  planets in the world.

What is intellegent life?

An ant, or bee colony is intellegent life.

Organisims that produce Bioluminence to communicate is intellegent life.

Trees, grass, and insects communicate.

That's intellegents.

The idea that we are going to meet and comunicate with an advanced civilization similar to humans, or mamals here on earth may happen, but it will take time. I think the standards are set too high.

I think Neil De Grasse Tyson he is a chaliton as well.    He's moving to  put money to habitate Mars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_habitat

Tellestrailing that planet is a waiste of money.  The core won't hold an atmosphere.

He should spend his vast knoledge at ttellestrailing the earth and working on climate change.

OK Stephen,

We can move on from this.

Theoretical physicists are prophests, or suth sayser so to speak.

Smart people who understand the greater world, universe,and math enlgihten us.

Hawkings encounter with the pope was probably a smart move to gain Catholic Support for Science.

I agree that my misconception of Hawking is biased as a result of his visit to the Vadican. I  misunderstood his motives. I'm glad he came out as an 'atheist'. I wasn't clear to me previously. Now I understand more about him.

Any so-called scientist who believes in the absurdity of evolution is a charlatan. This theory is rank specuation, wishful thinking and fantasy at best; at worst, it's deception and mendacious fraud.
In 1872 Charles Darwin attempted to join the Zoological Section of the French Institute. He was rejected on account of the contents of his two books, " On the Origin of Species" and "The Descent of Man", which the Academy described as "not science, but a mass of assertions and absolutely gratuitous hypothesis, and evidently fallacious."
How Darwin's junk-science become "established scientific fact" needs to be explained.

So now we know you think the vast majority of todays scientists are charlatans.

And what about the RCs view on Evolution. "in 1996 Pope John Paul II gave a message to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences in which he said "Today, almost half a century after publication of the encyclical, new knowledge has led to the recognition of the theory of evolution as more than a hypothesis." I don't usually cite religious sources when it comes to science but I think you should know the RC Church has long since accepted evolution. The percentage of scientists who support evolution has been estimated to be about 99.9 percent. So all these Scientists must be charlatans.

Beg your pardon Anthony Blair - It is the Accent of man.

Get out of that French Catholic School and look at the Enlightenment Period.

Do you actually think that Anthony Blair?

If so you havent sailed and been on a island.

There are some misinformed, misguided, gullible dunces the the Catholic Church - Popes, Cardinals abd Bishops included - who believe in evolution, albeit an evolution guided by God (called Theistic Evolution, a belief that's totally irreconcilable with the Bible, by the way). These ignorant fools evidently know very little about the nuts and bolts of Darwinism, otherwise they'd dismiss it for the snake-oil, voodoo-science rubbish that it is.
They have no doubt also swallowed the lie that the fossil record supports evolution - the truth being that the fossil record supports creation. (But why let the facts ruin a good atheist fairy tale?)

Some evolution "scientists", in rare moments of honesty, admit that fossils don't support their precious theory. Richard Dawkins, for example, has become so disillusioned by the fossil record that his "science" has evolved from one absurdity to another - he seriously believes in the possibility that "aliens" seeded the first life on earth (watch this deluded clown on YouTube - hilarious!).

RSS

© 2023   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service