Feedback and Notes

Imagine No Religion

Latest Activity

Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
59 minutes ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
2 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
8 hours ago
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Religion, Please!
10 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for tony dennis
19 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for liz murad
19 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Henry Woeltjen
19 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
19 hours ago
Stephen left a comment for Giuliano Contarino
19 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
19 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
yesterday
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
yesterday
yesterday
Doone has Fremdschämen commented on Julien's group The Music Box
yesterday
Doone has Fremdschämen posted a status
yesterday
Onyango Makagutu commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
yesterday
Chris commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
yesterday
Chris commented on Doone has Fremdschämen's group Canada, Mexico most of the World and Scumpistan News
yesterday
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Stephen Hawking makes it clear: There is no God

If I were a scientist, I'd stick to the Goldman Sachs principle: bet on both sides.

"Believe in science, believe in God" seems to cover all the possibilities and gives you the best chance for a cheery afterlife.

For a time, it was thought that astrophysicist Stephen Hawking had also left a tiny gap in his credo window for a magical deity. However, he has now come out and declared that there is no God.

He gave an interview to Spain's El Mundo in which he expressed his firm belief that el mundo was the work of scientifically explainable phenomena, not of a supreme being.

Hawking said: "Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation."

CNET

Views: 2959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As you may know if war continues humans will result to sticks and stones.

Stupid humans.

I'd rather have a cat, or monkey on my shoulder than a politician.

Birds are cool too - they chirp, peep, crow, hoot, and don't lie.

Sorry I heard the kid who playcates to what nine year olds left a monkey at a German Zoo.

Who is that piece of dung?

Oh Justin Beber.

Off with his head and everyone who admires him.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/may/17/justin-bieber-monkey-...

While at it off with the English famillies royal weddings - 

More importantly the corporations and numb MF's who enjoy it and the Disney nonsense.

Been to Disney?  I have when I was about 14.  I don't subscribe to that nonsense anymore. 

MF's.   Should the internet call them by the year or decade of birth.  I don't think so.

Be they X, Y, or Z generation.

Proove your self.

Heard you were called hellicopter kids because your mother took you everywhere and didn't allow freeplay.

makes me wonder why this goes on--then read this article from some paleo-somthing-ist---and he reckons or genes are screwed in that before we invented stone tools we invented weapons first---

we are fucked. I drive this home in the current very mental sci fi story I am ripping out of my head---

Science fiiction is noncense.

Some of it may be interesting.  It seems some of it seems, some if not all of if all of it myth.

OK Tom,

I'm not talking about complexities such as

Ligo

I know only a litle about that.

May I ask - do you think there is a gravity well in the solar system that may have stretcheched the light waves Hubble saw to make a red shift?

Chris, a “gravity well” is someone’s metaphor for something they don’t understand.

What is the evidence for a gravity well? 

Gravity, you can feel it, and you can even measure it but dont listen to anyone who says they know what it is.

Einseins theoy of relativity, which was measured around1920? when by a astometer who watched a planet behind the sun .  I don't recall the name of that guy at the moment. Perhaps you know who I'm referring to.

Perhaps this will be better:

https://phys.org/news/2018-12-galileo-satellites-einstein-relativit...

Einstein.

Stickey keyboard and misspellings.

Thanks for the correction.

Next If we spoke in person would pick on me for my dialect?

RSS

© 2019   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service