Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I am now convinced that children should not be subjected to the frightfulness of the Christian…"
15 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"There’s a gap in my education; I haven’t yet seen Religulous (except for the closing…"
19 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Adriana's discussion Your adorable kitty is a ruthless killer of wildlife in the group Atheist Cat Servants
"Occasionally I do fantasize about "procreation licenses" being required to make a baby.…"
19 hours ago
Chris B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Haha, the preacher can barely keep his story together - now you see why they like intellectually…"
21 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Sarah Smith
""Happy Birthday!""
22 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner replied to Adriana's discussion Your adorable kitty is a ruthless killer of wildlife in the group Atheist Cat Servants
"My spayed 100% indoor cat threatens no wildlife!"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Oh such logic."
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTM: Religion Makes People Stupid, Todd Friel Part 2"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Fantastic quote."
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I'll tell you what you did with Atheists for about 1500 years. You outlawed them from the…"
yesterday
Chris B commented on Stephen Brodie's group A Woman's right to choose
"How I hate those ways to keep women where they want them! Reminds me of the enforced poverty some…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Kami
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"You've shown it on AN, Loren, but thanks again!"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Loren I'm pretty sure you've shown it before but that doesn't matter because I…"
Thursday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"So cute & made me tear up too. I've seen it a few times & reacted the same way each…"
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Stephen Brodie's group A Woman's right to choose
"Despicable attitudes."
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I own that movie."
Wednesday
Loren Miller commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that I hadn't shared this with the gang here before…"
Wednesday
Loren Miller commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"What happened?  More like what DIDN'T happen, which is to say, our defense.  The…"
Wednesday
Stephen Brodie commented on Stephen Brodie's group A Woman's right to choose
"Brazil's president, Jair Bolsonaro, has been accused of showing “contempt for the…"
Wednesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I've been having trouble logging on to Skype this Morning, i tried everything to get online. But this Morning 21/09/2015 it seems that Skype has gone down across the globe, or so it says on the website. Has anyone else been having problems.

Thanks Stephen Brodie

https://www.rt.com/news/316056-skype-messaging-down-globe/

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since I am not a talker, & don't much like to talk, I don't have Skype. I did try it once, but was extremely uncomfortable with it so un-installed it, & can't help.

Hi Mrs.B. I use it a lot to keep in touch with my friends, even those living in my same block of flats, its cheaper than the landline. I think local calls are free in the US on the landline but not here its quite expensive even for local calls. I and my friend who lives downstairs, but like me cant get about very well, use it to play chess with shared screen. We've tried using google hangout but the quality isn't as good.

Yes, it has its place no doubt, but it just wasn't for me. My husband didn't much like it either when he talked to his brothers, & our daughter with it. We tried it with our youngest son too, but he didn't like it himself, so I thought, what's the point?

I do however like instant messaging if I'm not involved with other things around the house. I just don't know what to use as I don't have the MSN any more. Not a google fan either.

I understand Ning 3.0 facillitates Skype chats.

On dialup there was a similar videoconfrencing program called CU-SeeMe

FYI

What do you expect Microsoft bought out the originators of it and as usual eff things up! It originated in one of the Baltic states 

Which is why I left Microsoft for Ubuntu & Chromebook.

Brazil passed a law in the '90's requriing open source software for all government computers. I think that was a good move.

Sounds like a good idea. Our Government in the UK has spent Billions on software that in the end never worked and had to be scrapped. Each Department or Ministry wanted software that was designed just for them but it never worked.

In the States Oracle (the database software) seems to be used a lot.  The Federal, and I suppose State governments had positions for  Civil Service employees who specialized in Oracle databases.

Oracle Blamed for 'Disaster Zone' Obamacare Website That Hasn't Sig...

http://www.businessinsider.com/oracle-blamed-for-oregon-obamacare-s...

I liked the Brazil model. It was presented during the Micro$oft monopoly lawsuits occuring in the U.S. and  Europe.

Brazil adopts open-source software

Last Updated 2015/06/02

In Brazil's Ministry for Cities, staff are busily at work.

The scene is much like any other modern office: an open-plan work space crammed with desks, telephones and computers.

But there's one big difference. The word 'Microsoft' is nowhere in sight.

Instead, computers here now use the Linux operating system. It has many similar functions to Microsoft's Windows - but unlike Windows, it is available for free.

Increasingly, Brazil's government ministries and state-run enterprises are abandoning Windows in favour of 'open-source' or 'free' software, like Linux.

Money saving

"The number one reason for this change is economic," says Sergio Amadeu, who runs the government's National Institute for Information Technology.

He explains that, for every workstation, the government is currently paying Microsoft fees of around 1200 Brazilian reais ($500; £270).

"If you switch to open source software, you pay less in royalties to foreign companies," explains Amadeu. "And that can count for a lot in a country like Brazil, which still has a long way to develop in the IT sector."

More Here

Firefox has a video confrencing system called "Hello"

Yeh so has gmail. its not as good as skype but passable and usable

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service