Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Lee Spaner commented on Michel's page How much do you know about religion? The Pew Forum Religious Knowledge Quiz
"probably average knowing for the world religions and above average for my own which I no longer…"
1 hour ago
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Something that never happened "
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a vain, cowardly, lying, vulgar, jabbering blowhard not a Man Scump News
"Phew....I bet."
12 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group World History before that Idiot Took Power
"Even though I've seen this changing of the guard type display for many decades the belligerent…"
12 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a vain, cowardly, lying, vulgar, jabbering blowhard not a Man Scump News
""The white-headed snob" really does evoke snobbishness'."
12 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a vain, cowardly, lying, vulgar, jabbering blowhard not a Man Scump News
"I know you are being ironic when asking that question and of course Borass and Cummings have stunk…"
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a vain, cowardly, lying, vulgar, jabbering blowhard not a Man Scump News
"And running from responsibility."
13 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a vain, cowardly, lying, vulgar, jabbering blowhard not a Man Scump News
"This made me think of Borass and company The white-headed snob"
13 hours ago
"Is it smelly in London, Stephen? They are so full of bullshit, the stench has got to be spreading…"
16 hours ago
"Trainspotting author has brutal explanation for Dominic Cummings' bad eyesight Trainspotting…"
17 hours ago
"You're right Lester these two, Cummings and Borass have no honour and respect for the British…"
21 hours ago
Lester Unega Waya commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a World that has a vain, cowardly, lying, vulgar, jabbering blowhard not a Man Scump News
"Cummings disrespected his own advice and is therefore without honour. Respect and honour go hand in…"
22 hours ago
"Cummings has shown it's one rule for the establishment, another for everyone else If the…"
yesterday
"Another butt ugly ''leader''."
yesterday
yesterday
"Yeah. Greedy sticky fingers"
yesterday
"Small Island, but very long & large fingers."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and the connection between much of the media and the Tory establishment.
"Dominic Cummings Statement was the first time a non-civil servant private advisor was given…"
yesterday
"Dominic Cummings Statement was the first time a non-civil servant private advisor was given…"
yesterday
"Sir the dog ate my homework"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I've been having trouble logging on to Skype this Morning, i tried everything to get online. But this Morning 21/09/2015 it seems that Skype has gone down across the globe, or so it says on the website. Has anyone else been having problems.

Thanks Stephen Brodie

https://www.rt.com/news/316056-skype-messaging-down-globe/

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since I am not a talker, & don't much like to talk, I don't have Skype. I did try it once, but was extremely uncomfortable with it so un-installed it, & can't help.

Hi Mrs.B. I use it a lot to keep in touch with my friends, even those living in my same block of flats, its cheaper than the landline. I think local calls are free in the US on the landline but not here its quite expensive even for local calls. I and my friend who lives downstairs, but like me cant get about very well, use it to play chess with shared screen. We've tried using google hangout but the quality isn't as good.

Yes, it has its place no doubt, but it just wasn't for me. My husband didn't much like it either when he talked to his brothers, & our daughter with it. We tried it with our youngest son too, but he didn't like it himself, so I thought, what's the point?

I do however like instant messaging if I'm not involved with other things around the house. I just don't know what to use as I don't have the MSN any more. Not a google fan either.

I understand Ning 3.0 facillitates Skype chats.

On dialup there was a similar videoconfrencing program called CU-SeeMe

FYI

What do you expect Microsoft bought out the originators of it and as usual eff things up! It originated in one of the Baltic states 

Which is why I left Microsoft for Ubuntu & Chromebook.

Brazil passed a law in the '90's requriing open source software for all government computers. I think that was a good move.

Sounds like a good idea. Our Government in the UK has spent Billions on software that in the end never worked and had to be scrapped. Each Department or Ministry wanted software that was designed just for them but it never worked.

In the States Oracle (the database software) seems to be used a lot.  The Federal, and I suppose State governments had positions for  Civil Service employees who specialized in Oracle databases.

Oracle Blamed for 'Disaster Zone' Obamacare Website That Hasn't Sig...

http://www.businessinsider.com/oracle-blamed-for-oregon-obamacare-s...

I liked the Brazil model. It was presented during the Micro$oft monopoly lawsuits occuring in the U.S. and  Europe.

Brazil adopts open-source software

Last Updated 2015/06/02

In Brazil's Ministry for Cities, staff are busily at work.

The scene is much like any other modern office: an open-plan work space crammed with desks, telephones and computers.

But there's one big difference. The word 'Microsoft' is nowhere in sight.

Instead, computers here now use the Linux operating system. It has many similar functions to Microsoft's Windows - but unlike Windows, it is available for free.

Increasingly, Brazil's government ministries and state-run enterprises are abandoning Windows in favour of 'open-source' or 'free' software, like Linux.

Money saving

"The number one reason for this change is economic," says Sergio Amadeu, who runs the government's National Institute for Information Technology.

He explains that, for every workstation, the government is currently paying Microsoft fees of around 1200 Brazilian reais ($500; £270).

"If you switch to open source software, you pay less in royalties to foreign companies," explains Amadeu. "And that can count for a lot in a country like Brazil, which still has a long way to develop in the IT sector."

More Here

Firefox has a video confrencing system called "Hello"

Yeh so has gmail. its not as good as skype but passable and usable

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service