Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Kurt Neuleuf posted a discussion

Changing times :Royalist or Republican

With the passing of the queen and all the pomp and pageantry going on here in Australia, people are…See More
2 hours ago
Doug Hanlon commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"About sixty years ago, the great sociologist Seymour Martin Lipset noted that of the dozen European…"
4 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Tremendous Tooting Tour - Jolly Splendid London Walk Joolz Guides"
8 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Doug: Allow me to cite from the introduction to the Quote of the Day group: Please keep your…"
10 hours ago
Doug Hanlon replied to Lachailill McLennan's discussion Think about it and consult a dictionary before commenting. I've gotten some idiotic responses to this. in the group Quote Of The Day
"Patriotism is the extension -- in theory -- of an ethical principle to all the people of your…"
10 hours ago
Doug Hanlon commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
""How would you react if your 11-year-old daughter had a sexually transmitted infection? How…"
11 hours ago
Doug Hanlon commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"" I have come across our governments freely available information that the stolen generation…"
11 hours ago
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I will leave you with a few views upon the monarchy from the past. What can they see in the longest…"
11 hours ago
"Only if we understand, will we care. Only if we care, will we help. Only if we help shall all be…"
12 hours ago
"According to Google: Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder in which people interpret reality…"
12 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"A good video, Stephen, and I totally agree. When the cleaning starts I'll throw in the Dutch…"
18 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Hello Loren! I fail to see how the bible connects with schizophrenia since I'am a…"
20 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian joined Loren Miller's group
Thumbnail

Quote Of The Day

A place to post favorite quotes about atheism and other significant topicsSee More
20 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"A lot like that here in Canada too. A person can be respected without all the bowing, &…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Why the Monarchy Should Have Died With the Queen It's about time that we got rid of this…"
yesterday
Clifford Cook posted a blog post
yesterday
"The Bible is like a patchwork quilt with schizophrenia that Theists insist is all one color and…"
yesterday
Doug Hanlon replied to Loren Miller's discussion The Big Picture: How We Got Into This Mess, And How We Get Out of It (Robert Reich) in the group Coffee Break
"Hmmm... everything was fine until that wicked Mrs Thatcher somehow managed to get into…"
yesterday
Doug Hanlon replied to Loren Miller's discussion How The Republican Party Came To Embrace Conspiracy (MSNBC) in the group Humans of Earth News
"There is an objective reality behind most 'conspiracy theories'.  That is, not that…"
yesterday
Doug Hanlon joined Doone's group
Thumbnail

Humans of Earth News

WORLD NEWS affecting all of us on Earth with an emphasis on the influence of religion and stupidity.See More
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

I forget where I saw this, either here or facebook, but I remember seeing a rubber stamp that you could use to change the words In God We Trust on paper money. Or use other words over it. Was I dreaming? Maybe someone can give me the 411 on this neat little thing. I REALLY want to change my money to reflect my ideals not theists. Please tell me I am crazy or if I did see this thing, and if someone makes them.

Views: 1492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not crazy. It exists I have seen it somewhere.
Not sure but it might be considered a crime to deface currency.

At a convention a while ago, there was someone distributing one dollar bills, with a small peel-off sticker with his coordinates. He figured it was cheaper than print a glossy hand-out, and people would notice it more, which they did. Perhaps you could do that instead. 

I'm pretty sure it is a crime, because its federal property, but it happens all the time and who is to say you did it? I get defaced bills all the time.

who is to say you did it?

Just make sure the ink is dried.

True. But in any case I don't really care if "in god we trust" is on my money, I just don't really think about it. Sure it probably shouldn't be there, but its a smaller issue then the major problems.

Boy your currency is scary.
Magical symbols, latin incantations, retro and dark... 

Yep. The American dollar is definitively weird...

It is not illegal to stamp american currency, (unless you are trying to change the denomination), I do it all the time. I had two stamps made for me at a local shop in Lansing. Red ink pads, works well, inexpensive. The one I use says, "In Reason We Trust."

Go for it. =)

I agree; it would be the same as writing on a dollar bill. People do that all the time.

United States Code
** TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
*** PART I - CRIMES
**** CHAPTER 17 - COINS AND CURRENCY
U.S. Code as of: 01/19/04
Section 333. Mutilation of national bank obligations

Whoever mutilates, cuts, defaces, disfigures, or perforates, or
unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank
bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national
banking association, or Federal Reserve bank, or the Federal
Reserve System, with intent to render such bank bill, draft, note,
or other evidence of debt unfit to be reissued, shall be fined
under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Cements together... 

coin sculptures are illegal in the US!

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service