Latest Activity

Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Great quote!"
1 hour ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Well I guess that is rocket science....hahahahahaha"
2 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Boris Johnson struggles with umbrella at police memorial unveiling I'm almost 100% certain…"
5 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Bring me my barf bucket please."
6 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Oh, SWELL ... [smh!]"
6 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
""I work at a hotel and got this review from a guest who was here to record a Christian…"
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Been a subscriber for years, & have also posted some of his videos."
11 hours ago
"Hey Loren I've been clued into Trae Crowder, the Liberal Redneck for years…"
16 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Hey, gang.  Sorry to break in on the discussion, but I thought this was worth your…"
18 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity. -- Maajid Nawaz, Islam and the Future…"
19 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thanks all! Luca sends love - she's the woman in the dark dress."
yesterday
Grinning Cat commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Chris, that's great news! I hope everything goes well for Luca!"
yesterday
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Rape in the third degree. (1) A person is guilty of rape in the third degree when, under…"
yesterday
"Rape in the second degree. *** CHANGE IN 2021 *** (SEE 5177.SL) *** (1) A person is guilty of rape…"
yesterday
"Rape in the first degree. (1) A person is guilty of rape in the first degree when such person…"
yesterday
"Rape as defined WA State Law  Nowhere is gender indicated in these…"
yesterday
"That's great news  Chris B please give Luca my best wishes."
yesterday
" Chris B you and your friends have found a lovely shaded and sun-speckled wood."
yesterday
"I think it's a pigeon just photographed at an awkward angle but…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Richard Levison's photo
Thumbnail

Raelian Wisdom!

"Nobody here on AU would demand you take your post down. But I can't help but see in both the…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Hannah Kelley, Pastor's Daughter Accidentally Shot At Church, Dies

Hannah Kelley

02/18/12 06:58 PM ET  AP

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Authorities say a Florida pastor's daughter who was accidentally shot in the head in a church died Saturday at a hospital.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says 20-year-old Hannah Kelley was pronounced dead at about 10:20 a.m. Saturday at Bayfront Medical Center. An autopsy is pending.

Kelley had been hospitalized since Feb. 12, when she was struck in the head by a bullet at Grace Connection Church in St. Petersburg, where her father Tim Kelley is pastor.

Investigators have said Moises Zambrana was showing his gun in a small closet to another church member interested in buying a firearm. The St. Petersburg Times reports ( ) that the other church member, Dustin Bueller, was Hannah Kelley's fiancee. http://bit.ly/w9KoLn

Zambrana reportedly removed the magazine from the Ruger 9mm weapon but did not know that a round was still in the chamber. The gun went off, firing a bullet through a wall. Kelley was struck in the head.

The sheriff's office says detectives are still investigating the shooting. No charges have been filed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/18/pastors-daughter-accident_...

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Terrible loss of young life...What were these people thinking?

It's so sad, because there really is no excuse for a mistake like this. All guns must always be treated like they are loaded. 

Their beloved symbol is an instrument of torture...
Church is as good a place as any to cop some heat.

I concur Adriana. 

But then why do you need a gun at all because a purposely built and design weapon of any kind is made to destroy. 

By the way I love weaponry but the only times that they are in my hand is for training to defend people from those that use weapons to enslave them to change their point of view to those of the enslavers.

I would like to have a rifle or two but for what? I dislike killing animals in the wild except for self preservation only, you soon get sick and tired of shooting at inanimate targets, so I don't have a rifle or pistol though I do know how to use them when required.

Bill you and I have been trained to treat all weapons as live and to carry out a weapons inspection before we handle them, civvies on the whole don't!

Yes.
Handguns are specifically designed and made to hurt and/or kill humans at short range.
No pretense at anything else.

These men put their trust in God that the chamber was empty, instead of checking it for themselves. This is really a story about the true power of faith in church.

I hate weapons and look what just one did.

Sad story...  Selling a gun in church?  Wow~

Selling a gun in church?

Call me a cynic, but I can't really see how it's more morally condemnable than selling indulgences. They sell a lot of weird things in religious facilities, guess that's why Jesus ousted the merchants out of the temple.

Hell yeah!

Church is the best place to buy a gun actually. They fill you up with hate and then you can pick up a weapon; perfect.

Proves once again, god loves Tebow and sports, hates pretty young christian women.

Well, judging from the misogyny of the Abrahamic religions, it seems that god has been hating women for a long time!

Aren't apes misogynous?
Methinks it goes further back than Ol' Abraham =) 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service