Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Randall Smith commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Loren, VOCES8 rendition was nice. I couldn't find the King Singers."
3 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position. -- Bill Maher And like bald is a hair…"
4 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"This is music from the north-eastern part of India and not Bollywood. The language is Assamese :…"
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Science!
"Yes, interesting topic."
16 hours ago
Idaho Spud commented on Adriana's group Science!
"The Human journey was interesting.  Thanks Stephen."
17 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Yes!"
21 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Science!
"Human journey, with Alice Roberts and Jim Al-Khalili | Humanists UK Convention 2021"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Julien's group The Music Box
" Loren very beautiful A Capella "
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Julien's group The Music Box
"Some time back, Billy Joel wrote a beautiful lullaby for his daughter, which he then released on…"
yesterday
"I have my beliefs, you have your beliefs, but don't use the machinery of government to impose…"
yesterday
Richard Levison left a comment for TheBurningMonk
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"No-brainer there. Pun intended."
yesterday
"Which is it, is man one of God’s blunders or is God one of man’s? -- Friedrich Wilhelm…"
Wednesday
Richard Levison left a comment for pansy
""Happy Birthday!""
Wednesday
Chris B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"A great one, Patricia!"
Wednesday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Boghossian has been very provocative with the goal of creating debate over several years, including…"
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"It is disgusting."
Wednesday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That's disgusting! That is breaking down science from inside out!"
Wednesday
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"'My university sacrificed ideas for ideology': Read the terrifying testimony of how…"
Wednesday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That looks pleasant, Chris. I presume the large building is the hospital."
Tuesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Hannah Kelley, Pastor's Daughter Accidentally Shot At Church, Dies

Hannah Kelley

02/18/12 06:58 PM ET  AP

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Authorities say a Florida pastor's daughter who was accidentally shot in the head in a church died Saturday at a hospital.

The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says 20-year-old Hannah Kelley was pronounced dead at about 10:20 a.m. Saturday at Bayfront Medical Center. An autopsy is pending.

Kelley had been hospitalized since Feb. 12, when she was struck in the head by a bullet at Grace Connection Church in St. Petersburg, where her father Tim Kelley is pastor.

Investigators have said Moises Zambrana was showing his gun in a small closet to another church member interested in buying a firearm. The St. Petersburg Times reports ( ) that the other church member, Dustin Bueller, was Hannah Kelley's fiancee. http://bit.ly/w9KoLn

Zambrana reportedly removed the magazine from the Ruger 9mm weapon but did not know that a round was still in the chamber. The gun went off, firing a bullet through a wall. Kelley was struck in the head.

The sheriff's office says detectives are still investigating the shooting. No charges have been filed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/18/pastors-daughter-accident_...

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Terrible loss of young life...What were these people thinking?

It's so sad, because there really is no excuse for a mistake like this. All guns must always be treated like they are loaded. 

Their beloved symbol is an instrument of torture...
Church is as good a place as any to cop some heat.

I concur Adriana. 

But then why do you need a gun at all because a purposely built and design weapon of any kind is made to destroy. 

By the way I love weaponry but the only times that they are in my hand is for training to defend people from those that use weapons to enslave them to change their point of view to those of the enslavers.

I would like to have a rifle or two but for what? I dislike killing animals in the wild except for self preservation only, you soon get sick and tired of shooting at inanimate targets, so I don't have a rifle or pistol though I do know how to use them when required.

Bill you and I have been trained to treat all weapons as live and to carry out a weapons inspection before we handle them, civvies on the whole don't!

Yes.
Handguns are specifically designed and made to hurt and/or kill humans at short range.
No pretense at anything else.

These men put their trust in God that the chamber was empty, instead of checking it for themselves. This is really a story about the true power of faith in church.

I hate weapons and look what just one did.

Sad story...  Selling a gun in church?  Wow~

Selling a gun in church?

Call me a cynic, but I can't really see how it's more morally condemnable than selling indulgences. They sell a lot of weird things in religious facilities, guess that's why Jesus ousted the merchants out of the temple.

Hell yeah!

Church is the best place to buy a gun actually. They fill you up with hate and then you can pick up a weapon; perfect.

Proves once again, god loves Tebow and sports, hates pretty young christian women.

Well, judging from the misogyny of the Abrahamic religions, it seems that god has been hating women for a long time!

Aren't apes misogynous?
Methinks it goes further back than Ol' Abraham =) 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service