Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Systemic Racism - Contact Legislators in the group All things #TrumpSewer
"I've called my congresscritters' offices, telling the Republican senator that the…"
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Works for me!"
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"Awesome!!  This ESA Gaia animation shows the proper motions of 40,000 stars, all located…"
8 hours ago
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and One Sore Loser Named Scump News
"Saw This on Twitter - BLOAT - Biggest Loser of ALL Time"
8 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"(Correction: that recording of War is a Racket was read by John Greenman.)"
10 hours ago
"An actual quote from War is a Racket: The only way to smash this racket is to conscript…"
10 hours ago
"Thanks! I found War is a Racket online, both as a recording of Gen. Butler's speech and…"
10 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"Just a random comment to Stephen: I'm an American who takes absolutely no offense with your…"
10 hours ago
Grinning Cat joined Randall Smith's group
Thumbnail

Just sports stuff.

Just sports stuff.See More
10 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Open Society University Network: Local and global issues
"...over the years, Tory governments weakened the [Open University] system... Reminds me of the…"
10 hours ago
Randall Smith commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"So I see this football player crossing himself before receiving a punt, only to be tackled so…"
15 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Grinning Cat thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out. And while on the subject of war, I…"
16 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"The Good is that which leads to health, The Right is that which leads to peace. Purpose is ours to…"
17 hours ago
Stephen replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Open Society University Network: Local and global issues
"Thanks, Joan interesting read. Very helpful. In the sixties, the then Labour government…"
18 hours ago
Joan Denoo posted a discussion

Open Society University Network: Local and global issues

I ran across this plan for education that takes on the challenges facing us in 2020. We have had…See More
19 hours ago
Chris B commented on Joan Denoo's group All things #TrumpSewer
"I expect nothing good from someone who thinks only of himself."
19 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Chris B I live in on estate where over the years Shia Muslims have become a majority and even…"
20 hours ago
Chris B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"I wish more muslim women here would look like that - easier to talk to."
20 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Yes, it was all over my pc too. I'll just stay home with my kitties....they don't lie,…"
21 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Mrs. B, speaking of loopholes, I recently read about the Aztec-themed pub "400 Rabbits"…"
21 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

For those who like natural history, especially from the sea, 

2019 Nautilus Expedition Highlights | Nautilus Live

It is fun to watch the scenes with those who shared the video and the camera's pilot—remarkable colors and shapes. I especially like octopuses. 

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The video seems not to want to appear. Try Googline or Duck Duck Go 

"2019 Nautilus Expedition Highlights | Nautilus Live"

Joan, you've mentioned a couple of times that your videos are not showing but both times they were OK it must mean that only you are having problems 

Thanks, Stephen. I will withhold fussing until and unless I learn otherwise. 

Very weird creatures.

During the long school summer holidays, I would spend almost every day at one of the many museums in London, of course, the British Museum, but my favourites were the Kensington Museums, the Science museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum and my favourite the Natural History Museum. The British Museum catered for my love of Classical Greek and Roman History and in those days the British Library was attached to the BM and I would get to sit at the same chair and desk that Karl Marx sat and later where Lenin sat. But my real joy was when I visited the Natural History Museum and see the statue of Charles Darwin In those days the barrier wasn't there.

Beautiful statue.

Your environment was very different from mine. I was born in a small wheat and pea farming town that was incorporated in 1889 and now has less than 1,000 population. Several moves in my lifetime, I am now living near a small lumbering town incorporated in 1903 and now has a bit over 2,000 population. In both towns, there is a rich Native American history that can be found with a little hunting around and talking to those who know. 

Joan  In the eighties my Union sent me for training to a village near Milton Keynes and I think the population was about Ten thousand and Milton Keynes was just a few miles away, so in effect, it was more like a suburb than a village. You will laugh at me when I tell you that for the three weeks I stayed there I hardly got a wink of sleep the lack of traffic noise and the Dawn chorus of Bird song drove me crazy.

The moment I got back home to London I fell fast asleep. 

Funny Stephen!

Living in a deep forest, I love the sounds of nature and lack of traffic noise as I do now. My Spokane home, where I lived for 40+ years, was half a block from THE major arterial out of downtown going south. Buses, trucks, cars, motorcycles, and vehicles modified to make a lot of noise were my daily lot. I don't remember missing the noise, but I do remember missing colors. My back yard was ablaze with color all year long, and I wept for the yearning for reds, yellows, blues, and shades of whites. I am well adjusted to a constant display of greens all year long. Having a greenhouse helps. 

I think we are spoilt in London we have so much greenery with parks and common land all over London. I have to admit I've become used to the city noise.

This my local Paddington Recreation Ground. The Apartment blocks in the background is where I live. The building on the left is mine and my balcony is four from the top.

Beautiful. Cities need green too.

This is beautiful.

We have cut so many trees in Nairobi soon it will be all concrete

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service