Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Religious Justification to Overthrow Democracy in the group Right Wing Whackos
"And what about the more mainstream Christian teaching of obeying civil authority because it was…"
24 minutes ago
Chris B replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Ominous Scale of Environmental Erosion in the group Science!
"That was where I found the poem."
32 minutes ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"WOTMQ: With Great Power..."
4 hours ago
Stephen Brodie replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Religious Justification to Overthrow Democracy in the group Right Wing Whackos
"That's been a worrying trend for quite some time but Trump has eccelerated it. Where are the…"
6 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Right Wing Whackos
Thumbnail

Religious Justification to Overthrow Democracy

"... INC Christianity is significantly changing the religious landscape in America – and the…See More
6 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Ominous Scale of Environmental Erosion in the group Science!
"Thank you! That reminded me of the chapter "There Will Come Soft Rains" from Ray…"
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Yeah, especially when we were virus free until late last summer. And all because of leaving the…"
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Yes, I thought so too."
8 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
" Mrs.B looks like its gonna get worse before it gets better "
8 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Good one  Mrs.B "
8 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"B.C.’s rapid response paramedics deployed to Williams Lake as COVID-19 cases climb –…"
10 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
"Wow!"
10 hours ago
Doone commented on A Former Member's group Animal | Vegetable | Mineral | Fungus
"Dinosaur found in Argentina may be largest land animal ever https://bit.ly/3bOVa56"
13 hours ago
Randall Smith commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Adding to "the list", I do the following: work on a jigsaw puzzle (1000 pieces), play…"
16 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought…"
16 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
17 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That's great, Ian!"
18 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I happened to retire and start a new romance a couple of months before the virus hit. Therefore I…"
19 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Is it moral for our governments to impose poverty on us?

Taxation determines what poverty levels will exist within it’s demographic form. It controls the graph shown below. Governments control taxation and thus control poverty levels directly.

Imagine if you will, the real truth of that taxation, if used correctly, to move the wealth shown in this graph wherever it wants to, with minimal effect on the whole. The fact is, experts say that such a reality would be a win win for everyone.

https://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong...

Not how little of a change would be needed to reach the ideal.

Wise and moral people throughout history, as well as most religious movements, put poverty as the number one enemy to man’s first priority, which is security.

For perhaps the first time in history, we have the wealth where we could end poverty quite easily, --- just with our collective loose change.

It would seem to me that governments are not acting ethically and should be chastised.

I guess that George Carlin, a wise person, was correct in what he said of what Americans cannot feel in their anal orifices. I apply the same condition to the vast majority of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY

If true that we are being willfully ignorant, and do not even care about each other to insure we live in a moral environment, then our owners have succeeded in cowering man’s moral nature to a state of subservience. We have given up our freedom. If we ever had any.

We have all accepted to be slaves. Shame on us all.

We do not live in a Democracy. We live in a Hypocrisy.

We can easily rid ourselves of poverty.

Should we?

Morality says yes.

Will we do the right thing?

Not till hell freezes over.

Regards

DL

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In congruence

What worries me about the money divide is that there will be another French, or Russian revolution.

That kind of happened in Syria and the 'Arib Spring.'

People who don't think chimate change is anthropomorphic must not study much.

The Yo Yo in office as President of the U.S. may be leading the laggers.

K sera buddy.

If the U.N. timing is right, there is a good chance that we  have driven our grandchildren extinct.

We are way over the line.

Regards

DL

Hi Chris.

I would end the regressive sales and value added taxes, set a minimum income line above the poverty line and would set an income tax rate that is the same regardless of income.

A fair tax system does not mean nailing the rich. The bastards owe us, but we should show that we are more moral than they are.

Regards

DL

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service