Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Stephen commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"How can it be a bad thing for a worldview to argue (a) that our experience of reality, not myth or…"
4 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"That is also the excuse when they can't answer something themselves."
12 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"It's a meaningless panacea when we invent a god that can do anything and be anything……"
16 hours ago
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Same for me - and I tend to avoid all sounds at the moment, caused by hearing problems."
18 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I'm with you there, Onyango. I don't particularly like the voice in my ears, reading…"
23 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I, for some reason, don't like audiobooks. I prefer to read"
23 hours ago
Stephen commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
" Onyango you can get many of Heinlein's books in Audiobook form on YouTube "
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"I'll believe none of it until after the election."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"All but one polling organisations show Biden in the lead but the odd one out predicted a Trump win…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"I've never seen anyone who just cannot face reality, as this idiot will not."
yesterday
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Rounding the curve...."
yesterday
"Very."
yesterday
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and the connection between much of the media and the Tory establishment. NEWS
"Good ones."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and the connection between much of the media and the Tory establishment. NEWS
"Who is Dominic Cummings & What Does He Have on Boris Johnson? | Peter Jukes"
yesterday
Mrs.B left a comment for Nes Abd
"Good to see you here."
yesterday
Mrs.B left a comment for alexa kane
"Good to see you here."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"vulgar is Peter Kays style "
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Nes Abd
"Hi Nes. Welcome to AU"
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Nes Abd
"Click to see today's hot content on Atheist Universe. Jump here to introduce yourself Or…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 10531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry for late answer, but my life was very busy. You know who is intellectually lazy? Those people who think that are "irrefutable" proofs for Christianity and so.

Look here: https://www.christianpost.com/news/the-mathematical-proof-for-chris...

He claims that the odds that this prophecy could be fulfilled are 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. Let's calculate a square root of this numer: ₈√100,000,000,000,000,000. We get that odds are 1 in 133 to fulfill this one prophecy. I don't think odds were so low.

I refuted an "irrefutable" proof for Christianity. See this?

"You say If you are an atheist, that's fine. Nobody forces on beliefs on you."

That's a very new concept, it isn't that long ago that we Atheists would have been put to the flames for saying what we say now. And there are some, especially in the US who would love to go back to those times. Let us be clear we Atheists don't have to prove anything it's the religious who make such extraordinary claims without any proof to back them up.

Ah yes, the search for Truth.

And with the search for Truth comes the search for certainty.

Unfortunately, certainty is inversely proportional to tolerance.

The more certain we are we have found the truth,

the less tolerant we are of others who believe differently.

Too many speak a language where "different" and "wrong" are synonyms.

It wasn't just atheists put to the flame, those who followed the "wrong" deity were also tortured and killed. Did anyone worship a tolerant deity?

Are some atheists certain there is no deity?

If so, are they tolerant of others who are certain there is a deity?

here is an amazing historical novel about the human-deity relationship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Egyptian

As Atheists, we can never be 100% certain that a god doesn't exist. But most of us think it's very unlikely. Akhenaten is a very interesting historical character.

Wahrheit immer wird, nie ist—

Truth always is a-being, never is. –

Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller (1759 – 1805)

I tend to follow these precepts spoken of many centuries past 

What is religion? Compassion for all things that have life. – Hitopadesa.( Sanskrit text )

What religion do I profess ! None of all you name to me.

Why none? Out of respect to religion. – Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller(1759 – 1805)

All wise men are of the same religion, and keep it to themselves. – Lord Shaftesbury [Anthony Ashley Cooper, 3rd Earl of Shaftesbury 1671 to 1713 ]

May discuss the so called Holy books of supposedly called religion to try to find a reason for it all.  

I'm a dyed in the wool atheist, & don't buy a creator gawd thing. Any higher power in my opinion is nature, plain & simple.

In my opinion, Deism was and is the last groping of the religious to accept logic and reason and at the same time hang onto the idea of an all-knowing but at the same time disinterested Gawd.

i think i agree with you.

Deists like Diderot were comfortable with a god who doesn't interfere with human affairs

Is it true that many call themselves atheists because they have become frustrated with the hypocrisy of "traditional" religions?

To me, the biggest hypocrisy is for a given religion to claim it is the "one and only" religion.

Attached is my reflection on this condition.

I'm wondering if I should be considering atheism in this essay.

Are atheists hoping for something similar to enlightenment at the top of the mountain?

Do they point at the moon?

Attachments:

The Universe is too large to need a God or God(s), especially as most Deist Gods are a bit dense and out of touch with Physics and Cosmology.  Dark Energy and Dark Matter are way more interesting than anything in a Holy Book.

If there is a God, he, she or it probably looks like this...Image

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service