Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Horrid things done in religion's name."
5 minutes ago
Stephen commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"How can it be a bad thing for a worldview to argue (a) that our experience of reality, not myth or…"
50 minutes ago
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Very true and beautiful!"
2 hours ago
Olivia T. updated their profile
5 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Morality is doing right, no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, no…"
5 hours ago
"How can it be a bad thing for a worldview to argue (a) that our experience of reality, not myth or…"
15 hours ago
"That is also the excuse when they can't answer something themselves."
23 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"It's a meaningless panacea when we invent a god that can do anything and be anything……"
yesterday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Same for me - and I tend to avoid all sounds at the moment, caused by hearing problems."
yesterday
"I'm with you there, Onyango. I don't particularly like the voice in my ears, reading…"
yesterday
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I, for some reason, don't like audiobooks. I prefer to read"
yesterday
" Onyango you can get many of Heinlein's books in Audiobook form on YouTube "
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"I'll believe none of it until after the election."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"All but one polling organisations show Biden in the lead but the odd one out predicted a Trump win…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"I've never seen anyone who just cannot face reality, as this idiot will not."
yesterday
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Rounding the curve...."
yesterday
"Very."
yesterday
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and the connection between much of the media and the Tory establishment. NEWS
"Good ones."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Stephen's group Secularism in the UK and Europe.and the connection between much of the media and the Tory establishment. NEWS
"Who is Dominic Cummings & What Does He Have on Boris Johnson? | Peter Jukes"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 10532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Unbreakable Disease. I used to be a Christian for first 23 years of my life. After spending the next few years of my life researching Christianity and the Bible, I was unsure about my faith.

Then it all changed in 1996, when I finally saved up all the money to buy a computer and I bought a Macintosh (probably with a built-in modem) in 1996 and the very first thing I have done on it was setting up the Internet access and looking up religion newsgroups. I learned about Deism and visited deism.com.

If you don't know what Deism is, it is the philosophical position that rejects revelation as a source of religious knowledge and asserts that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to establish the existence of a Supreme Being or creator of the universe.

im not a deist. im an atheist. deism wad fine 200 years ago. if we had a creator, it must be very evil to put us in this world.

I believe that all of this reward and suffering has been made by Supreme Being in order for us to be able to survive. Otherwise, we would all die off long time ago.

Surely you mean we humans invented the idea of rewards and suffering from a supreme being. If you believe otherwise you would hardly be a Deist.

Supreme Being is another name for God

There is no Supreme Being, just a very complex Multiverse with really weird large structures

Looks beautiful, but could this ever been created by itself? No. You can't get something from nothing, therefore an eternal Creator must exist, unless well, the matter exist since forever and it changes over time. Still, I believe that somebody had to put all these scientific laws.

Look at this website about Deism: http://deism.com

if you cant get something from nothing, what made yer eternal creator? scientific laws were made by scientists to explain the natural universe. just because we dont have answers to all the questions is not proof of god.

It could existed since forever... science doesn't make such silly claims.

I do understand limitations of faith and that science can't explain anything, but still, you should believe in something other than science too.

Scientists are not always right... there were many theories that scientists thought are true, but then they were superseded as our knowledge has increased.

If you are an atheist, that's fine. Nobody forces on beliefs on you.

why should i believe in anything? i dont believe in science. how can you tell me what i "should" believe. science makes no claim to being always right, religeon does..\ you come here, to our site, link to your deist site, troll your trash, and tell me nobody forces me. ha i bet you would if you could ha ha.

Now you're just being lazy posting the Deism.com site. But come to think about it that's pretty much what all deists are like, intellectually lazy.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service