Latest Activity

Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"And we're breaking our heads about how to change it...."
4 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Abby.60100
""Happy Birthday!""
5 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Chris, I'm appalled by this behaviour and these attitudes too but I'm afraid I'm not…"
5 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I am shocked, not just by inappropiate behaviour, but by the total want of responsible governing,…"
6 hours ago
Kurt Neuleuf commented on A Former Member's group CRITICAL THINKING
"In both our countries the pioneers set out with a wagon and an oxen, with little else and built…"
9 hours ago
Andy Stout commented on A Former Member's group CRITICAL THINKING
"I think it is a crime that public schools do not teach kids HOW TO THINK. What could be more…"
10 hours ago
Mrs.B replied to Andy Stout's discussion Magats in the meat... The cure may have arrived!
"Always been atheist, despite being in moronism, until I rebelled & refused to go."
10 hours ago
Andy Stout replied to Andy Stout's discussion Magats in the meat... The cure may have arrived!
"I trust you are also a fellow atheist. We Canadians are certainly "blessed" to live in a…"
11 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"There's a time & place, & the place of work ain't it."
14 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"What's the world coming to? Aren't we supposed to be shocked by a story like this? James…"
14 hours ago
Stephen Brodie replied to Stephen Brodie's discussion Stephen Hawking makes it clear: There is no God
"And the rogues are winning. "
15 hours ago
Mrs.B replied to Andy Stout's discussion Magats in the meat... The cure may have arrived!
"I'm Canadian too, born in Calgary, live in BC."
16 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Just a waste of paper."
16 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Yup, it do."
16 hours ago
Mrs.B left a comment for Kurt Neuleuf
"Good to see you here."
16 hours ago
Andy Stout replied to Jacqueline Little's discussion Why? in the group Atheist Morality
"So many people are against atheism because so many are for theism. The more succinct question is,…"
18 hours ago
Andy Stout commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"IMAGINE NO RELIGION??? What a question! It is a testimony to the longevity of the Dark Ages. It is…"
18 hours ago
Andy Stout replied to Andy Stout's discussion Magats in the meat... The cure may have arrived!
"Excuse me, Mrs. B, while I go to my backyard and kiss the Canadian soil I live on."
19 hours ago
Andy Stout commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"The Bible IS a book that "speaks the word of God": So is every other book with a…"
19 hours ago
Andy Stout commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"The Bible IS a book that "speaks the word of God": So is every other book with a…"
19 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 11529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks. I wonder where they come from? The goal is probably money but they don't appear to be literate enough to understand 'atheist'.

Sounds good.

I'm a graduate of philosophy and a rather militant atheist. I consider organized (biblical) religions to be a hate crime against humanity, rationality and morality. I truly loathe religion and the harm and pain it has deliberately inflicted on innocent humans throughout its centuries-long existence. People who worship an imaginary genocidal god, who threatens to burn us alive unless we cower in fear and obey his every whim, are people who are traitors to humanity.

@Andy, I am very pleased you joined us and give us such rich material. I especially like the way you worded your comment about religion being a "hate crime". I could not agree more. I hope you feel no offense as I take your words and organize them in a way that helps me clarify the issues. "The Passive Gospel" is a term I created when I wrote my doctoral dissertation. By the way, I did not receive my Ph.D. degree from Gonzaga U. when my committee of 3 priests determined my research was "biased." My response to them was, "How can you call me biased when you conform to the celibacy rule of Roman Catholocism, wear dresses, do not allow female priests, and have never had a female pope?" Here we go:

A. Organized religion:

1.  Harms and hurts those who do not believe in certain doctrine and dogmas;

2. Deliberately inflicts pain and suffering on innocent Homo sapiens;

3.  Produces physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual pain;

4.  Creates people who worship an imaginary genocidal god; 

5.  Results in believers living in compliance and fear of:

a. being burned alive unless they submit and obey the Passive Gospel:

1.) yield, 

2.) pray, 

3.) obey, 

4.) submit, 

5.) sacrifice yourself daily, 

6.) rejoice in your sacrifice, 

7.) live believing a lie.

B. Exists as a hate crime against humanity, rationality, and morality;

C. People who submit and obey live as traitors to humanity!!!

~ Thanks to Andy Stout, Atheist Universe, April 24, 2022

Joan Denoo, thank you for your kind reply.

Religion is so easy to sum up: it is nothing but contrived lies, portrayed as a divine doctrine, designed to frighten and coerce the masses in order to elicit their unconditional compliance.

Organized religion utilizes B.F. Skinner's "reward-punishment" system to elicit the desired behavioral responses of its "lab rats". The only marked difference is that rats don't WANT to be duped. They can't help it. Humans lap it up.

In effect, religion is what idiots deserve.

Attachments:

Since it's been 10 years since I was here last, I feel like I should redo one of these! How is everybody!? I'm not sure who will remember me. My name is Markie Isabella Strange but I did go by another that was close. She/Her is my pronoun. I am an author, an activist, an atheist, and a very strange person in general (pun intended). I am an open book if anyone has curiosities, I think it's pretty human to be curious, but it can be disrespectful if it's not consensual so I'm going to get it over with. If you are unfamiliar with the LGBTQ community the Trans community in particular I am and will be happy to try to answer your questions. I am only one person and I can only speak from my experience so answers may vary from the consensus. Anyway, that's it! Hello all!

Hello, I've been here 9 years, so I guess I missed meeting you back then. Good to see you back.

Yeah pretty much just missed me. lol, I was around a few times after that but I disappeared again. Thank you. Good to meet you this time around.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service