Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I am now convinced that children should not be subjected to the frightfulness of the Christian…"
7 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"There’s a gap in my education; I haven’t yet seen Religulous (except for the closing…"
11 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Adriana's discussion Your adorable kitty is a ruthless killer of wildlife in the group Atheist Cat Servants
"Occasionally I do fantasize about "procreation licenses" being required to make a baby.…"
12 hours ago
Chris B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Haha, the preacher can barely keep his story together - now you see why they like intellectually…"
14 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Sarah Smith
""Happy Birthday!""
15 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner replied to Adriana's discussion Your adorable kitty is a ruthless killer of wildlife in the group Atheist Cat Servants
"My spayed 100% indoor cat threatens no wildlife!"
16 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"Oh such logic."
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTM: Religion Makes People Stupid, Todd Friel Part 2"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Fantastic quote."
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I'll tell you what you did with Atheists for about 1500 years. You outlawed them from the…"
yesterday
Chris B commented on Stephen Brodie's group A Woman's right to choose
"How I hate those ways to keep women where they want them! Reminds me of the enforced poverty some…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Kami
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"You've shown it on AN, Loren, but thanks again!"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Loren I'm pretty sure you've shown it before but that doesn't matter because I…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"So cute & made me tear up too. I've seen it a few times & reacted the same way each…"
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Stephen Brodie's group A Woman's right to choose
"Despicable attitudes."
Wednesday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I own that movie."
Wednesday
Loren Miller commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that I hadn't shared this with the gang here before…"
Wednesday
Loren Miller commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"What happened?  More like what DIDN'T happen, which is to say, our defense.  The…"
Wednesday
Stephen Brodie commented on Stephen Brodie's group A Woman's right to choose
"Brazil's president, Jair Bolsonaro, has been accused of showing “contempt for the…"
Wednesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 10971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have missed you! A/N died what about 2-3 years ago. I found there was not much activity so I putt my focus on other things like my YouTube channel. I tried agnostic.com which I am very active in but now thanks to you and others I have more of a teaching role there as the site does not have many of the intellectual calaber of A/N. I hope I can again resume interactions with people like you that challenge me! Reasearching is great but interaction with others where I get questions I have not thought of is where understanding comes from. I hope to be active here!

Hello all, new here

I am from the UK, I am 37 years of age and I have been atheist since I was 19, I was raised Methodist and believed EVERYTHING taught to me until I questioned it aged 12 and then had a crisis of faith and it was scary! I knew that the bible made no sense but I didn't have the mindset to see past my indoctrinated thinking... so I prayed, sought help from my mother and reverend and read the bible... it didn't help

I then met a family through a boy I befriended on holiday when I was 13, it was a rainy Sunday afternoon and I was playing board games in my friend's caravan with his mum, dad and sister. My friend's mum asked what I would normally be doing on a Sunday if not on holiday, I answered attending church.... my response was one of expectation, like everyone attended church as it is what every does... my friend's mum replied that they didn't and that is because they do not believe in the existence of God and that they were atheist and what it meant. There was no attempt to change my mind or "convert" me , she stated it matter of fact

It was an epiphany for me, I had these feelings but no word to describe them

I didn't de-convert immediately, I wrestled with the idea for about another year, so I was in a state of flux if you will. I attended a Roman Catholic school and there was a bible worship group who came when I was still 13, they sang songs, did activities and workshops..... this caused me to question things again. I decided to give religion another chance, so I studied the bible again but it made even less sense and just felt wrong....

I then became more of an agnostic, denying the existence of the biblical God but holding on to the concept of there being "some God" out there, but it just being that I couldn't explain it

I studied science more as the years ticked by, aged 19 I reached the conclusion that science can explain so much, with evidence and that what it can't it is at least honest about. This led me to conclude there is no God at all, no entity responsible for the creation of the universe, this planet or life.. and that science can and will find these answers out in the fullness of time

I have since been atheist, learnt more about critical thinking, logical fallacies and the true destructive nature of religion in all of its many forms globally. I turned 37 October 31st last year and shortly after decided that I am anti-theist, I cannot reconcile the existence of religion with the continuation of humanity

I am very active on Facebook on pages, forums and groups, debunking the plethora of erroneous thinking people have about atheism

Good to meet you. I also didn't have the word when I was a kid, but I never could buy the gawd thing, nor believe mormonism was the right religion while all others were wrong. Good to see you found reality.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service