Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Loren Miller commented on Clifford Cook's blog post Dozens of Countries Punish Lack Of Religion As A Crime
"Sadly, that pleasant looking green on the portion of the map representing the United States is…"
5 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"...Religion closes off the central questions of existence by attempting to dissuade us from further…"
6 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Welcome Josh! I tried that too long ago, to opt for inclusion, but when I understood that all…"
12 hours ago
Clifford Cook posted a blog post
13 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Chatte Noire
""Happy Birthday!""
13 hours ago
Loren Miller left a comment for BALUKU MUBUYAWALIRE NELSON
"Greets and salutes, Baluku!  Welcome to the gang and please enjoy yourself while you are here!"
17 hours ago
Josh Karpf commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Ian, belated congratulations from me too (I'm new). A conformance I've always encouraged,…"
20 hours ago
Stephen Brodie left a comment for BALUKU MUBUYAWALIRE NELSON
"Hey Baluku. Welcome to Atheist Universe."
20 hours ago
BALUKU MUBUYAWALIRE NELSON is now a member of Atheist Universe
20 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Thanks for the good wishes. We're doing things slowly and carefully. Christopher Hitchens was…"
21 hours ago
Josh Karpf commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"A lifelong atheist, I first went to a synagogue to please a Jewish gf I was deeply in love with. I…"
23 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I did that in church when I was a young girl. I decided not to bow head, & close eyes once, to…"
23 hours ago
Randall Smith commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Two days ago, I attended a "breakfast get-together" of many retired school teachers that…"
yesterday
Randall Smith commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Hurray for you, Ian!"
yesterday
"Many of us saw religion as harmless nonsense. Beliefs might lack all supporting evidence but, we…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian posted a photo

I should wear this photo as a badge of honor!

It should read,"Alliance for Atheist Extraterrestrial diplomatic Contact!
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Charlotte Gale
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
"Believing there is no God means the suffering I've seen in my family, and indeed all the…"
Wednesday
Chris B commented on Doone's group World History
"Very! And beautiful!"
Wednesday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Crystal
""Happy Birthday!""
Wednesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 12682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am an "intolerant" atheist ("antitheist", actually). It's not enough to be just an atheist. That is the only default position for any rational person who doesn't believe in magic genie in the sky. When we grow up, we abandon our childish belief in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny, but millions of people continue to believe in—and worship—a GENOCIDAL, fire-breathing monster in the sky who threatens to burn us all alive, unless we cower in fear before him and bend our knees in worship and obedience before him? That willful act of abandonment of morality and humanity is an act of treason against humanity. How can any human being love and worship such a hateful monster?

So, it is not enough to simply DISBELIEVE in this genocidal god, who threatens to incinerate us all and our humanity; we must DENOUNCE this enemy and the entire religious belief system that strives to promote his contempt fro humanity.

We are all born atheists. But when we "grow up", we graduate to becoming antitheists. Because a word-wide belief system that worships a "supreme being" who has no regard for human rights or humanity—and who considers us "sheep" to be roasted in his oven unless we surrender our rationality and humanity—that is a belief system that is crime against humanity.

To hell with religion and self-righteous, imaginary autocratic supernatural genies.

Well said. I have zero respect for religious belief.

Exactly right. If religious belief was just stupid, I''d simply have no respect for it. The problem is, that religious belief is notoriously harmful to individuals and to society, as its past and present history amply attests.

Not to mention our current residential school horrors.

Hi fellow atheists and freethinkers!

My twin bother, younger sister and I were all raised by our Christian mother, who made the three of us believe in 2 supernatural beings: 1) the god in the Catholic Bible and 2) the jolly old elf in the North Pole. One of these imaginary characters I soon outgrew; the other I eventually dumped during my formal indoctrination in grade school, at a private Catholic school. This was around the age of 10, when my faculty of reason began to mature.

What an unbelievable relief it was to be rid of that hateful "jealous God", who threatened to burn me alive unless I would love him! Talk about a psychopathic narcissist: Talk about an abusive, coercive relationship!

Today, as an adult, I consider any religion with a "dictator deity" in charge, to be a hate crime against humanity, rationality and science. I feel a moral obligation to denounce religion—anytime and anyway that is legal.

History amply attests to the misery and suffering that results when religion rules our minds and societies. My goal is to facilitate its demise and to encourage humanism and morality to dictate our behavior. That's who I am and why I'm here. (I use my graphic design skills to create cartoons and images to promote atheism and to lampoon religion.)

Love your designs.

Very kind of you to say! Thanks. I love "attacking" religion with art.

I drives me crazy that something so intolerant and hateful is so highly revered and respected in today's society. What a sad commentary on humanity.

Yes, & I see no improvement in any of these attitudes.

Yes, & I see no improvement in any of these attitudes.

nice design!

Thank you! I've been banned from nearly every on-line platform. Religious intolerance is more subtle than the Inquisition, but it is just as prevalent and busy.

Well on this website you will be celebrated for your work against bigoted religions.  

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service