Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B replied to Loren Miller's discussion God Comes Out as Pro-Choice (Betty Bowers) in the group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Would have been something else......"
7 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Exactly the same here, Kurt. We've had several disastrous fire seasons, as well as…"
7 hours ago
Andy Stout replied to Loren Miller's discussion God Comes Out as Pro-Choice (Betty Bowers) in the group Freethought and Funny Bones
"If only Mary had an abortion..."
7 hours ago
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Ian what you are witnessing is the reasons why cultures that form civilisations based upon…"
8 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Extreme weather but mediocre government and inadequate responses. Nobody wants to be bold, except…"
12 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it. -- Christopher Hitchens Our forebears…"
12 hours ago
Kurt Neuleuf commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Summer in Australia is going to be fun. extreme firestorms and flooding has been forecast  for…"
13 hours ago
"Equipment & the personnel to run it. "
18 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Yes, but your enormous country is harder to monitor, I'd think, and to get the equipment and…"
18 hours ago
"But we're loaded with lakes & rivers."
18 hours ago
"This is a small country with plenty of open water, so fires are much easier to contain. Canada…"
18 hours ago
"A worry, nonetheless."
19 hours ago
"Correction: the rain MIGHT start today, in some places, perhaps. Temps at 30c again might start…"
19 hours ago
"Big, small or otherwise, fires are frightening."
19 hours ago
"The first drop of rain has yet to fall, but the clouds look nice. Fires are going on but not on a…"
19 hours ago
"How is your fire situation there?"
19 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"We are due some thunder and lightning with perhaps some heavy showers by Wednesday. "
19 hours ago
"Long may it rain, Chris. We're due to get some in DK about Thursday."
20 hours ago
"Born-to-money indifference, Stephen. And as long as the stupid proles of the world keep slogging…"
20 hours ago
"A spokesperson for the BC Wildfire Service says 80 per cent of the 212 new fires sparked across the…"
20 hours ago

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 11651

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Portia! I hope you feel at home here. What do you study? How many kids do you have?

Hello and welcome aboard Portia. Enjoy the site and the company.

Thank you Davy, I think I will.

Thank you Adriana.  I hope to be a social worker, my goal is to work with women veterans who suffer from ptsd due to sexual harassment while serving this country.  Hopefully I can go beyond this country one day.  I have 2 kids, my daughter is 7 and my son is 5.  How about you?

A social worker! Very important profession! I have 2 kids too, two sons, 24 and 21.

Portia, welcome to the group.  Whereabouts in the world do you live?  You don't have to say if you don't want to, it's just that I dream of going places... for example, the two Aussies we have here (Davy and Craig) remind me of a trip I took to Eastern Australia about 20 years ago and is edged in my mind as one of the best trips ever.  Either way, you are among friends here.

Again, welcome!!

//David T.

PS. I'm in the Washington DC area (or as I call it, ground zero)

Hello David, I live in Michigan.  Its just that most of the people I know are theists, and me being an atheist, turns them off ( not to mention I get annoyed by their conversation also).  I'm glad I joined you guys seem cool.

Portia, is the father of your kids atheist also? I imagine the most religion you are putting in your kids' heads is Santa Claus and that maybe temporarily?  :-)

Yes my husband is an atheist, along with my parents and my brother.  We told our kids about santa about a year ago. We just received the book "The Magic Of Reality" for our kids.  I always question them about what is real and what is not, I love doing that :).

Way to go Portia!

I fed my kids with lots of fantasy to cultivate their imagination. They became "very fluent," - trust me =)

I think as adults they now understand pretty well what is real and what is not.

Hi Portia, I too have 'defriended' by some people when I declared my disbelief. No big deal.  Almost all of my friends are fellow atheists, developed over the years from letters to the editor.  I was pleasantly surprised how many people were on 'our side'. Write those letters. It's fun.  I do best when I 'let it set' overnight & modify it 'in the dawn's ugly light'.

Welcome, Portia. I don't say much, crack jokes, mostly. They don't seem to mind.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service