Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

RichardtheRaelian posted a photo

I should wear this photo as a badge of honor!

It should read,"Alliance for Atheist Extraterrestrial diplomatic Contact!
1 hour ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Charlotte Gale
""Happy Birthday!""
1 hour ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Believing there is no God means the suffering I've seen in my family, and indeed all the…"
20 hours ago
Chris B commented on Doone's group World History
"Very! And beautiful!"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Crystal
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Elna looks pretty in her blue dress, standing in a field of green grass and young trees. "
yesterday
Joan Denoo commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Ian, I have been out of commission for a while and did not realize you and Elna were no longer…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Hope things work better this time."
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Terrific news, Ian!"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Best wishes to both of you Ian"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group World History
"That's quite impressive!"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Doone's group World History
"Medieval necklace found near Northampton internationally important Archaeologists have found a…"
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Best wishes to both of you!"
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Oh these foolish men! They could not create so much as a worm, but they create gods by the dozens.…"
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"By some sort of coincidence, serendipity or whatever, I'm now back together with former…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for M.M.J. Gregory
""Happy Birthday!""
Tuesday
Stephen Brodie left a comment for henry nelson
"Welcome to AU Henry "
Tuesday
Neal left a comment for henry nelson
"Click to see today's hot content on Atheist Universe. Jump here to…"
Monday
henry nelson is now a member of Atheist Universe
Monday
Stephen Brodie commented on A Former Member's group CRITICAL THINKING
"I remember that one Chris. Thank you for showing it to me again. Very interesting."
Monday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 12680

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Other more moderate religions can persist longer as part of a person's world view because they are more tolerant of concepts such as evolution.

This was exactly the case in Catholic Québec.

Welcome Tommy.

Glad you survived your baptism =)

someone asked wtf i was doing in japan. '62 was a big year fer me. i was 18, in the coast guard, in coos bay ore, we had just lost a life, in my conversion to atheism, and then in the coast guard, after someone drowned they wanted to split us up, so trubble wouo=uldn't come. so we were told pick a district.  there were at leasdt 19 districts, most chose europe, but i'd heard the women in the s pacific were partial to white men, so i chose the pacific, the 19th district. i was very dissapointed when i learned i was going to japan. so i came here and i spent a year here on miyako jima east of taiwan at a LORAN stastion. there was little to do cept study the local lingo, which i later learned was a dialect, actually almost a different language of japanese. so after a year there i had a little japanese, and i continued to study it for the next three years, even after my discharge in hawaii. after a year there i got a scholarship to stidy japanese at a japanese university. so i arrived in japan in  jan 1966 and started to study hard.  thay nov 12 i met the gril i wud marry.

kyoto isthe old capital. its been a city from its origin over 1200 years ago. it s got a lot of famous temples etc. the golden pavilionor kinkakiji, ginkakuji, ryoanji, kiyomizu dera, nanzenji tec etc  and the gosho or the ols imperial palace. yoto shi must be a mistake i live in kyoto shi or city.  the beef is prolly kobe beef, unrelated to kyoto and near by but stiill too far for me. i only eat tasmanian or aussie beef. kobe is a city the beef comes from villages behind it. wife hates cameras so i donr have one

coos bay esp charleston where the coastguard station was was beautiful, esp in the winter. its a rain forest there, and the ice=[on the trees wasd astoundingly buautiful. i had to climb to to tower from the base twice a day so i went right thru it

yes chris, kyoto the ancient capital where the kyoto protocol was signed

Kyoto is an extremely beautiful city. I will never forget my visit there. You are a lucky man, Carl. If I lived in Kyoto, I would never get any work done, just walk around the beautiful sites all day. And I'd go to Nara all the time :-) I went through the "nostril of Buddha", the "healing pillar" at Todaiji Temple, so now I'll be lucky for the rest of my life (or I'll go to heaven, I forget which :-)).

yes adriana, i suppose it still is nice. but i remeber when i first camt to kyoto. i dint realize it at the time, but they were about to tear down many of the old machiya or city homes and turn thhem into buildings.  most are now long gone. ive been in two giant buddhas asses, so i qualify for the title buddha fart. (you have to give the title to yourself)

actually i did go to nara for years in fact i lived there while i was in university in '66. nara was still pristine, as well.

In Beijing they tore out a lot of the old city before the olympics came and replaced them with condos. 

they'll be sorry. it's history that they are tearing out

How true!

Coast Guard Stations are usually in idyllic areas.

A couple guys I worked with lived in Japan for awhile. I think they were there for three year stints. They liked it but thought it was expensive and weren't used to the small living quarters. I don't remember which towns/cities they lived in. I looked into transferring there, but ended up transferring the NE Oregon instead. My parents have a friend who lives in Chiba. We though he may have been lost in the tsunami, but he finally replied that his family and house was OK.

The U.S. should sign in to some kind of climate change agreement. 

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service