Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the…"
2 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Molinda McCormick
""Happy Birthday!""
9 hours ago
Stephen Brodie and JimL are now friends
17 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I won't take that personally, Randall. "
yesterday
Randall Smith commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Ian, we have a threatening hurricane over here named after you!"
yesterday
"The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imagination. --…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Anna
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
Chris B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"I like Jonathan Pie, and if there's one thing I hate - because it's so degrading apart…"
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Too frightening!"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"A Statement of Intent"
yesterday
"God is always the equivalent of ‘I do not know.’ -- Annie Besant Except that, to the…"
Monday
"Something to light up the day. "
Monday
"Home again after a weekend with my daughter and family. The grandsons seems to have endless…"
Monday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Nikki Alenius Hanninen
""Happy Birthday!""
Monday
Kurt Neuleuf posted a discussion

Changing times :Royalist or Republican

With the passing of the queen and all the pomp and pageantry going on here in Australia, people are…See More
Sunday
Doug Hanlon commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"About sixty years ago, the great sociologist Seymour Martin Lipset noted that of the dozen European…"
Sunday
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Tremendous Tooting Tour - Jolly Splendid London Walk Joolz Guides"
Sunday
Doug Hanlon replied to Lachailill McLennan's discussion Think about it and consult a dictionary before commenting. I've gotten some idiotic responses to this. in the group Quote Of The Day
"Patriotism is the extension -- in theory -- of an ethical principle to all the people of your…"
Sunday
Davy commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I will leave you with a few views upon the monarchy from the past. What can they see in the longest…"
Sunday
"Only if we understand, will we care. Only if we care, will we help. Only if we help shall all be…"
Sunday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 12542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would be a most refreshing treat to not have my criticisms of a barbaric, intolerant superstitious belief system banned by a so-called "free-speech" platform. But I won't hold my breath. Christians are everywhere and they are relentless in their efforts to silence rational points of view that expose the insanity of their Bronze Age beliefs.

I long for the day when these throwbacks to the Dark Ages are long gone, so that humanism can finally prevail.

Christians may be "everywhere," but they tend not to last long around here!

Yes, I suspect that Christians on an atheist website are as common as atheists in a church.

Unfortunately, these meddling throwbacks to the Bronze Age are everywhere else. They overwhelmingly dominate the planet and relentlessly impose their intolerant values on society. Worse, the get to vote.

God help us atheists!

Yes, vote, & reproduce.

"How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very vital to disclose to you,but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site.Could you please get back to me on ______ for the full details.Have a nice day
Thanks God bless."

---------------------------------------------

I got this message recently.  Anyone knows who this "James Pollard" is?  I suspect he's one of those wayward theists who wants to save my soul thingy or something.  The "..God bless" part is a dead giveaway HaHaHa

sex, money or both. Those people keep returning.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but Mr James Pollard has been nuked and he is no longer with us on AU

Thanks. I wonder where they come from? The goal is probably money but they don't appear to be literate enough to understand 'atheist'.

Sounds good.

No. The 'pick interest in you' is a giveaway.  An advertising bot, sheparded by a human to get past the 'Are You Human?' test.  I got the exact same message on a very different kind of forum. 

I'm a graduate of philosophy and a rather militant atheist. I consider organized (biblical) religions to be a hate crime against humanity, rationality and morality. I truly loathe religion and the harm and pain it has deliberately inflicted on innocent humans throughout its centuries-long existence. People who worship an imaginary genocidal god, who threatens to burn us alive unless we cower in fear and obey his every whim, are people who are traitors to humanity.

@Andy, I am very pleased you joined us and give us such rich material. I especially like the way you worded your comment about religion being a "hate crime". I could not agree more. I hope you feel no offense as I take your words and organize them in a way that helps me clarify the issues. "The Passive Gospel" is a term I created when I wrote my doctoral dissertation. By the way, I did not receive my Ph.D. degree from Gonzaga U. when my committee of 3 priests determined my research was "biased." My response to them was, "How can you call me biased when you conform to the celibacy rule of Roman Catholocism, wear dresses, do not allow female priests, and have never had a female pope?" Here we go:

A. Organized religion:

1.  Harms and hurts those who do not believe in certain doctrine and dogmas;

2. Deliberately inflicts pain and suffering on innocent Homo sapiens;

3.  Produces physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual pain;

4.  Creates people who worship an imaginary genocidal god; 

5.  Results in believers living in compliance and fear of:

a. being burned alive unless they submit and obey the Passive Gospel:

1.) yield, 

2.) pray, 

3.) obey, 

4.) submit, 

5.) sacrifice yourself daily, 

6.) rejoice in your sacrifice, 

7.) live believing a lie.

B. Exists as a hate crime against humanity, rationality, and morality;

C. People who submit and obey live as traitors to humanity!!!

~ Thanks to Andy Stout, Atheist Universe, April 24, 2022

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service