Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Someone is going away for a long time, if the police have got it right."
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Good....let's hope they throw the book at him!!!!!! How are your emotions Stephen?"
2 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Greenford mobility scooter killing: Man arrested over stabbing A man has been arrested on suspicion…"
2 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Very good at what he does."
4 hours ago
"Still hits too close to home when it's a senior, & on a scooter though, especially after…"
5 hours ago
"I agree with you about the police, Stephen. It's not much different here in Denmark."
9 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I get my limits from a rational consideration of the consequences of my actions, that's how I…"
11 hours ago
"Yes Ian one hopes the killer is caught but I'm not holding my breath. The Met has…"
14 hours ago
"Of course, there has always been crime n London but no different from any other big city. London…"
14 hours ago
"At least there's a good photo of him."
15 hours ago
"That is so CRUEL, Stephen. Many people must feel unsafe now. I hope the killer is caught soon."
15 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"The wishes were good but reality is harder. It so hard not to lose the space you need."
16 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Sally Carmen Carmen
""Happy Birthday!""
17 hours ago
"OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"
17 hours ago
"I want to thank everyone for all the good wishes you have sent me about the mugging. I felt I was…"
17 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"He's so good at these."
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Adriana's group Freethought and Funny Bones
"Liberal Redneck - Liz Cheney and the New GOP"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTM: Down. But Certainly Not Out."
yesterday
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Kill a man and you're a murderer, kill many and you're a conqueror, kill them all,…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 11659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok I'll. 

Coffee break is a good one. Just check my homepage, & you can see some that I'm a member of, to give you a good idea of some here.

Hello fellow non-Believers!! 

I hope to learn more about critical thinking and other peoples' thoughts regarding the secular world thru this worthy venue. 

I graduated from Roman Catholic institutions from grade school thru high school.  I was an altar boy for three years. I "woke up" and questioned my religious beliefs during the 5th grade after reading a book on Greek myths.  I found those stories closely aligned with real human nature stuff more than any established xtian doctrines that's out there. It's a bit more than that but that's where it starts.

Later on I learned the value of evidence and how it should be the presiding factor of many arguments.

Good luck to all of us!

Hi Victor! You and I share the same history. I was and "altered" boy, schooled in a Catholic institution all the way up to Grade 7. Ironically, it was the "word of God" that woke me up to realizing there was not God. The irrationality and contempt for humans expressed by this hateful god was so revolting that I hated him before I even realized he didn't exist. Good riddance to that monster.

How I pity the millions of duped people who embrace this genocidal "Hitler" as their "savior".

Glad you woke up to reality.

I am an "intolerant" atheist ("antitheist", actually). It's not enough to be just an atheist. That is the only default position for any rational person who doesn't believe in magic genie in the sky. When we grow up, we abandon our childish belief in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny, but millions of people continue to believe in—and worship—a GENOCIDAL, fire-breathing monster in the sky who threatens to burn us all alive, unless we cower in fear before him and bend our knees in worship and obedience before him? That willful act of abandonment of morality and humanity is an act of treason against humanity. How can any human being love and worship such a hateful monster?

So, it is not enough to simply DISBELIEVE in this genocidal god, who threatens to incinerate us all and our humanity; we must DENOUNCE this enemy and the entire religious belief system that strives to promote his contempt fro humanity.

We are all born atheists. But when we "grow up", we graduate to becoming antitheists. Because a word-wide belief system that worships a "supreme being" who has no regard for human rights or humanity—and who considers us "sheep" to be roasted in his oven unless we surrender our rationality and humanity—that is a belief system that is crime against humanity.

To hell with religion and self-righteous, imaginary autocratic supernatural genies.

Well said. I have zero respect for religious belief.

Exactly right. If religious belief was just stupid, I''d simply have no respect for it. The problem is, that religious belief is notoriously harmful to individuals and to society, as its past and present history amply attests.

Not to mention our current residential school horrors.

Hi fellow atheists and freethinkers!

My twin bother, younger sister and I were all raised by our Christian mother, who made the three of us believe in 2 supernatural beings: 1) the god in the Catholic Bible and 2) the jolly old elf in the North Pole. One of these imaginary characters I soon outgrew; the other I eventually dumped during my formal indoctrination in grade school, at a private Catholic school. This was around the age of 10, when my faculty of reason began to mature.

What an unbelievable relief it was to be rid of that hateful "jealous God", who threatened to burn me alive unless I would love him! Talk about a psychopathic narcissist: Talk about an abusive, coercive relationship!

Today, as an adult, I consider any religion with a "dictator deity" in charge, to be a hate crime against humanity, rationality and science. I feel a moral obligation to denounce religion—anytime and anyway that is legal.

History amply attests to the misery and suffering that results when religion rules our minds and societies. My goal is to facilitate its demise and to encourage humanism and morality to dictate our behavior. That's who I am and why I'm here. (I use my graphic design skills to create cartoons and images to promote atheism and to lampoon religion.)

Love your designs.

Very kind of you to say! Thanks. I love "attacking" religion with art.

I drives me crazy that something so intolerant and hateful is so highly revered and respected in today's society. What a sad commentary on humanity.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service