Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Davy's photo
Thumbnail

Friedrich Rückert -1

"The words are OK, but the picture representing learning from our mistakes is blatant fantasy, a…"
2 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Personally, I see Frankie's gesture here as way too little and way too late.  Their…"
5 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Randall Smith's blog post Mini trip
"It's safer to avoid travel during the worst pandemic in 100 years. I worry about you."
5 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Sounds like propaganda to keep people in church."
6 hours ago
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Whaaaaaaat? Pope Francis backs same-sex civil unions I can see a schism happening "
6 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion or at least a Religion without Scump
"He's so good at this!"
8 hours ago
Stephen commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion or at least a Religion without Scump
"WOTM: Historical Jesus, Part 1"
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Seems to me it's not an explanation, it's an excuse."
12 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Yeah, good question."
12 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any view is automatically as worthy of…"
16 hours ago
Onyango Makagutu commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Where is god kept so that Biden can take it away from the people in Texas?"
22 hours ago
"We heard if he loses the election, he wants to leave the country."
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"I saw the business about Pat Robertson and his "prediction" on Hemant Mehta's…"
yesterday
"Bloody obsession."
yesterday
Stephen commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and a Cheat, a Liar, a Fraud, a Bully, a Racist, a Predator, a Con man who is a useful Russian Idiot aka a Man with No Money Named Scump News
"Trump bizarrely claims Biden will ‘take away God’ in freewheeling Fox…"
yesterday
Mrs.B left a comment for Justin Stressman
"Good to see you here."
yesterday
Mrs.B left a comment for Sean Zipperer
"Good to see you here."
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Justin Stressman
"Hi Justin. Welcome to AU"
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Justin Stressman
"Click to see today's hot content on Atheist Universe. Jump here to introduce yourself Or…"
yesterday
Stephen left a comment for Sean Zipperer
"Hi Sean. Welcome to AU"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 10526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That was a wonderful and inspiring post, Joan. Thanks,

Such a powerful post-Joan. And a very impressive story, to my mind impressive enough for you to write it down in a book. Thanks for sharing.

G'day Joan

My  Yindyamarra -( respect ) for you took what you knew from living through it and used it to your advantage to build a better and more peaceful life for yourself and your children.
You are one strong woman.
As for this quote
My research was on the role of religion in maintaining and perpetuating family violence. The priests denied me a degree because "My research was biased!" end quote

Yes! Your research was biased in their eyes because it did not suck up to their religion and paint a pretty picture of it, but rather showed the religion for what is really was.

Research on learned helplessness has confirmed that prisoners of war, men and women, children, dogs, cats, horses, octopus, pike, and pigeons, can learn to be helpless. Videos of fish, birds, and other critters, however, no longer can be accessed because of the cruelty of the experiments. 

Videos I can find are 

The Psychology of Black Oppression (Learned Helplessness and Depres....

HISTORICAL TRAUMA & THE EFFECTS OF LEARNED HELPLESSNESS IN NATI...

Joan. There's one thing that I've learned over the years. if you want to achieve something put a woman in charge.

Joan, this probably goes without saying, but it is positively SPLENDID to see you here!  Thanks for joining A|U!

Joan you know I am a fan! It is good tonsee you!

A great story, Joan, and I'm very glad that you found a happy home with your family!

Now that I'm here I can introduce myself too.

I was born in the Dutch bible belt in a disfunctional family and I escaped before I was 20. Tried to build a life - that was easier when I found the love of my life after a few years. Learnt some things other people learn in their childhood, tried to educate myself and went to work as a teacher. Three years ago my husband came out as a transwoman and started transition. We're waiting for her changes and happily celebrating our senior years together.

Getting out from under the large religious thumb is always good to hear.

Howdy! I'm just mighty evoleved to be here! I am David La Deau also known as CompelledUnbeliever. I came up with the name CompelledUnbeliever when I came out as an atheist on the internet. I was compelled by the bible to no longer believe in the Bible. I used the moniker and was afraid to show my face for years. There are many here from Atheist Nexus my first place to meet other atheist. Eventually, I made friends, learned a butt ton of things in that community..

They gave me the strength, confidence, and understanding to start my youtube channel called CompelledUnbeliever. 

The Youtube channel is focused toward young earth creationist, bible literalistt, fundamentist, extremist like I was..

I am active on agnostic.com and answer religious questions on quora( not very popular there).

I aman amateur historian that focuses on proto-orthodox Christianites ( yes plural).

Anyine here that knows me please say hello! 

Boy it is late a my thoughts seem quite random rifht now but I wanted to Check in as soon as I found out about this website. I believe my friend that sent me here is Mrs B.

I am glad to be here among atheist. Now days I spend my time in discussions teaching christians instead of learning.

The best way honestlynto get to know me is to check out my YouTube Channel. CompelledUnbelieever as I have almost 80 vidoes that state my positions on many subjects.

Yo, David!  Glad to see you and very glad you joined us here!

Yup, that would be me. Glad you made it here. 

Patricia

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service