Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Washington (CNN)President-elect Joe Biden's margin over President Donald…"
14 minutes ago
Davy commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Formerly when great fortunes were only made in war, war was business ; but now when great fortunes…"
28 minutes ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"He's the epitome of ugly."
2 hours ago
Chris B commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"Fantastic!"
5 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Almighty God, I am sorry I am now an atheist, but have You read Nietzsche? -- John Fante, Ask…"
8 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"This is a man who makes fun of other people's appearance. "
9 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Systemic Racism - Contact Legislators in the group All things #TrumpSewer
"I agree, and I have my representative and senators' phone #s ready with my script written."
9 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Open Society University Network: Local and global issues
"Stephen, the sixties were a tumultuous time, with the Civil Rights Movement in full swing,…"
9 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Systemic Racism - Contact Legislators in the group All things #TrumpSewer
"I've called my congresscritters' offices, telling the Republican senator that the…"
22 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and the Biggest Loser of All Time (SCUMP) News
"Works for me!"
yesterday
Doone commented on Michel's group The Daily Cosmos or Interesting Facts about the Universe
"Awesome!!  This ESA Gaia animation shows the proper motions of 40,000 stars, all located…"
yesterday
Doone commented on Doone's group Humans of Earth and One Sore Loser Named Scump News
"Saw This on Twitter - BLOAT - Biggest Loser of ALL Time"
yesterday
Grinning Cat commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"(Correction: that recording of War is a Racket was read by John Greenman.)"
yesterday
"An actual quote from War is a Racket: The only way to smash this racket is to conscript…"
yesterday
"Thanks! I found War is a Racket online, both as a recording of Gen. Butler's speech and…"
yesterday
Grinning Cat commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"Just a random comment to Stephen: I'm an American who takes absolutely no offense with your…"
yesterday
Grinning Cat joined Randall Smith's group
Thumbnail

Just sports stuff.

Just sports stuff.See More
yesterday
Grinning Cat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Open Society University Network: Local and global issues
"...over the years, Tory governments weakened the [Open University] system... Reminds me of the…"
yesterday
Randall Smith commented on Randall Smith's group Just sports stuff.
"So I see this football player crossing himself before receiving a punt, only to be tackled so…"
yesterday
Onyango Makagutu commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Grinning Cat thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out. And while on the subject of war, I…"
yesterday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 10566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Unbreakable Disease. I used to be a Christian for first 23 years of my life. After spending the next few years of my life researching Christianity and the Bible, I was unsure about my faith.

Then it all changed in 1996, when I finally saved up all the money to buy a computer and I bought a Macintosh (probably with a built-in modem) in 1996 and the very first thing I have done on it was setting up the Internet access and looking up religion newsgroups. I learned about Deism and visited deism.com.

If you don't know what Deism is, it is the philosophical position that rejects revelation as a source of religious knowledge and asserts that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to establish the existence of a Supreme Being or creator of the universe.

im not a deist. im an atheist. deism wad fine 200 years ago. if we had a creator, it must be very evil to put us in this world.

I believe that all of this reward and suffering has been made by Supreme Being in order for us to be able to survive. Otherwise, we would all die off long time ago.

Surely you mean we humans invented the idea of rewards and suffering from a supreme being. If you believe otherwise you would hardly be a Deist.

Supreme Being is another name for God

There is no Supreme Being, just a very complex Multiverse with really weird large structures

Looks beautiful, but could this ever been created by itself? No. You can't get something from nothing, therefore an eternal Creator must exist, unless well, the matter exist since forever and it changes over time. Still, I believe that somebody had to put all these scientific laws.

Look at this website about Deism: http://deism.com

if you cant get something from nothing, what made yer eternal creator? scientific laws were made by scientists to explain the natural universe. just because we dont have answers to all the questions is not proof of god.

It could existed since forever... science doesn't make such silly claims.

I do understand limitations of faith and that science can't explain anything, but still, you should believe in something other than science too.

Scientists are not always right... there were many theories that scientists thought are true, but then they were superseded as our knowledge has increased.

If you are an atheist, that's fine. Nobody forces on beliefs on you.

why should i believe in anything? i dont believe in science. how can you tell me what i "should" believe. science makes no claim to being always right, religeon does..\ you come here, to our site, link to your deist site, troll your trash, and tell me nobody forces me. ha i bet you would if you could ha ha.

Now you're just being lazy posting the Deism.com site. But come to think about it that's pretty much what all deists are like, intellectually lazy.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service