7 hours ago
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Ann
""Happy Birthday!""
13 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I used to like the look of these Victorian gasometer's very ornate."
17 hours ago
" Ian I'm old enough to remember the change over from what they oddly called town gas…"
17 hours ago
"Loren call me a kid all you want but I love Pixar films "
18 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"That's funny Ruth I've never seen him that way. We're all different in our…"
18 hours ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"I started watching the first WOTM video you uploaded, Stephen. and stopped after 50 seconds.…"
18 hours ago
Stephen Brodie commented on Hope's group Imagine No Organized Religion
"WOTM: A Bed Made of Money"
22 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Hang onto your hats, folks ... 'cuz Pixar is at it AGAIN!"
23 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Yes, but they likely think their lives are treated as worthless as it is so may as well try to get…"
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Silly people. Nobody gives money away so it's important not to waste it. I'm more aware…"
yesterday
Chris B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Dangerous, but I hope they get somewhere!"
yesterday
"I hear some women are rebelling in Afghanistan."
yesterday
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"That could well be, and I hope good changes. I hope it stops the earthquakes in the north of this…"
yesterday
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Small but welcome steps. Will this mean changes for you,…"
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Stephen, I wonder how well Islam would do if the apostates were as militant as the believers…"
yesterday
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave…"
yesterday
Stephen Brodie commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"I don't usually cite the quotes from the Good people of the Muslim Brotherhood but this one…"
yesterday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for Gi Marie
""Happy Birthday!""
yesterday
"Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to happen."
Tuesday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 10985

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, Dad the Baker, I'm sure you'll like it here. And congrats on cooking from scratch and reducing your meat consumption. It's healthier for everyone! (including the animals, ha!). How old are your boys?

I have two boys too (24 and 21; I bred sort of early) but did not dare try again for the girl. I guess two was all we could handle :-)

Glad to have you with us Dad.

Hello and welcome aboard Dad the Baker. 

I'm in the same boat as you when it came to kids! Two wives and four boys! The youngest 26 the eldest 38!

A scratch cook, hey? The only way to go really.

Once again welcome.

I am a mouthy anti-theist atheist, from an irreligious(though still self identify as christian) family. Ex-university student(there was chaos over a very nasty false allegation, I was proven innocent but not before getting kicked out of university, suffering a mental breakdown, and spending thousands of dollars on court defense.) I am nearly climbed out of the hole, though I look back I see I would not change a thing, as it taught me not to be so dam cocky(maybe the christians have a good point when it comes to keeping pride in check). I was raised anglican Catholic(protestant, yet Catholic) and went to a Catholic school, a bunch of small idiotic theological differences. I never really questioned my faith. It was discovering Carl Sagan on you-tube that smashed it. Discovering Hitch, Nessrrinn, and Diderot fermented my hostility against the tyranny of scripture, though I will moderate myself when among believers. I associate with anyone willing to associate with a self-proclaimed godless liberal(though truthfully I am a bit of a conservative on monetary and trade issues(it get's technical again). I play chess, am learning french, and am well, in a job with a great boss, and great coworkers. I don't like what I am doing, but it would be unbearable without the fun Filipinos I work with. To make things easier for the admin, I will make it clear I am not a christian, I renounce the holy spirit. Also, There is no god but Batman and the invisible pink unicorn is his prophet, Peace be upon her. I am still rather modest in matters of sexuality and alcohol(I am a very pious atheist) I believe sex is best left in a long term committed relationship, not marriage per-say, and it should be with a partner you trust utterly and completely to have your best interests at heart. If you choose to have many partners, I will say I believe you are being unwise, but I will not condemn you, or say you are a bad person. I think the Muslims have a couple good ideas, which is no excuse for the multitude of bad ones.

Nice to meet you Zachary.

Welcome, Zachary, I hope you like it here. I also think Batman is the only god :-), especially when played by Christian Bale.

hey zach. i never thot of  bat masterson as god

Hello :) I call myself Eman, because I live in the Middle East and I can't be vocal about my real name or identity (just in case). My dad's from Bahrain and my mom is from Syria, though I've been born and raised in the UAE. I'm lucky that both my parents are atheists, however they did not raise me to become an atheist, if that's even possible. Because all schools in the UAE must teach Islamic's to anyone who is "muslim", I did believe in god when I was really young. However once I became a teenager and started thinking for myself, I stopped believing in god. It took all my life for my teachers to convince me that god is real but only one night of logical thinking when I was 14 to stop. It was difficult for me to be an atheist in the beginning, since everyone around me was either muslim or christian. Once I went to university I met a couple of atheists so I don't feel so alone anymore. While I have to be discrete about my lack of belief, I luckily don't live in Saudi so my life is not on the line. I love metal, biology, food, Game of Thrones, LOTR & Skyrim. That's pretty much it I guess.

Hello Eman. I understand the use of the nom-de-plume and I am pretty sure the others do too. Yes, strange what happens when you start thinking for yourself. 

When you say metal are you referring the musical type of metal? 

Do you liking cooking? What dishes do you cook? I like cooking and learning to cook Ukrainian  dishes by watching my wife when she cooks, but I also cook basic Australian dishes.

I live north west of you in the Ukraine.

Yes, I love rock & metal, especially melodic death metal. 

I actually can't cook at all, but my mom is a great cook! Everyone loves her food so I'm very lucky. My mom makes great arabic food, and amazing pasta as well. I've never tried Ukrainian food, I've tried some Polish food once which might be similar. 

How's Ukraine doing with the Euro cup right now? Busy I'm guessing.

In Kiev, Lviv, Donetsk are busy but where I live it is the same old same old. but Krim ( the Crimea ) is busy this time of year because Ukrainians love to go to either the Black sea or the Sea of Azov for their summer holidays. 

Some Polish dishes are similar but they have their own cuisine. Like Polish borscht is made nearly entirely of beetroot while Ukrainian borscht can be made with or without beetroot as an ingredient. I have never had Arabic food. 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service