Feedback/Notes

Latest Activity

Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Faith & miracle....I feel the same about both....totally useless words."
8 hours ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"The definition I am proposing is: pretending to know things you don't know. -- Peter…"
9 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"VIDEO: How the Mormon church ‘help line’ hid child sex abuse - Williams Lake Tribune…"
14 hours ago
Mrs.B commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"Sounds like a good word to me."
14 hours ago
Chris B commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"Looks interesting, Ian!"
15 hours ago
Ian Mason commented on Sydni Moser's group Coffee Break
"I've now read 'The Scar' and 'Iron Council', the 2nd and 3rd volumes of…"
16 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Loren Miller's group Quote Of The Day
"The Dunning-Kruger effect goes well with otiose."
16 hours ago
"As to the word "free" when referring to surgery, there are protocols that need to be…"
17 hours ago
"Splendid! A new word: Otiose: adjective, serving no practical purpose or result, lazy;…"
17 hours ago
Randall Smith and Joan Denoo are now friends
21 hours ago
"Belief is otiose; reality is sufficiently awesome as it stands. -- Martin Amis, The Second Plane:…"
21 hours ago
"You'd think that such people can't go on lying indefinitely."
yesterday
"Couldn't happen to a better jerk."
yesterday
yesterday
"Hahahahahahaha......"
yesterday
"Someone's been…"
yesterday
"Unless we all conform, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain…"
yesterday
"That works, but I'm still careful with men and cars..."
yesterday
"A natural reaction, Stephen. It's the way the brain works. Some positive experiences will…"
Monday
RichardtheRaelian left a comment for KAYCEE
""Happy Birthday!""
Monday

We are a worldwide social network of freethinkers, atheists, agnostics and secular humanists.

This is where you can introduce yourself to the Atheist Universe community, in as many or as few words as you'd like.

Who are you, what brought you here, where are you coming from, when were you made aware of AU, why did you decide to join...

Add yourself to the Member Map.

Views: 11579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

chiba was largely too far south of the quake to get the tsunami hard, but they do have some radioactive hot spots.

when i was stationed here it was very cheap, and our base had reg beds, not bunk beds. only prob in miyako was bugs. worse then in japan proper.

after japan i took 6 months of columbia river lightship duty, which was horrible, and the about like 1 an a half years bouy tender duty out of honolulu, which i really enjoyed.

I enjoy visiting old light houses. They are usually in such scenic places.

tho old life boat stations can be quite picturesque, too. i think the one i was at in charleston at the enterence to coos bay is now a museum

That is a newie on me Carl me bein' an Aussie and all that, that Tassie is separate from Auss! Cos to all us Aussies, Tassie is an Aussie state!(Grin spreads ear to ear) But glad to hear that you like our beef what ever it is called! Aussie or Tassie beef!

Hello everyone. I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic school, received four of the seven Holy Sacraments of the Catholic Church. This was before Vatican II, so I guess I would be classified as an Old School Catholic. So of course I grew up a good Catholic boy never questioning what I was taught and believing that only thing greater that the Holy Father was God Himself and of course the Mother Superior. The Catholic Church considered a sin to attend a non Catholic Church service. So the first time I attended a Bapist service (to make a good imperrison on a girl) I had a very sleepless night. This lead me to find out lay people were allowed to read the Bible, I had been conditioned in school that if you had a question you need only ask the nuns or a priest and they would pray with you for the answer. Years later I was encouraged by the JW to study with them and I did although I was not impressed with their docturine, it was however the beginning of the end of my religious indoctrination. As it turns out, studying the Bible is the fastest way to cure your religious faith. The way out was not easy, although I could not believe in the God of the Bible, I tired to make my own verison of God. One that was not capable of casting His creation into an everlasting Hell. So I foundered around calling myself Spiritual since how could all the things around me just come out of nothing all by themselves. Finally after half a lifetime of searching for answers, I have come to realise that it is so much more maroulous and wonderful that all life had to survive and evole to where it is now overcoming unthinkable odds, then if an Omniscient and Omnipotent God, had just created everything. So here I am in wonder of the universe and everything in it ready to live every minute of this wonderful life for it is the only one I have and it is truely a miracle.

Hi Lupe, good to have you here. And i feel just like you, whenever I think of the odds that brought me here, all those humans who struggled through hundreds of thousands of years, enjoying life and caring for their babies and family and friends, it is indeed truly magic. Much more wonderful than any scripture fairy tale.

And yes, for intelligent people, the best cure against religion is studying their own religion :-)

hey lupe welcome here

Welcome aboard Lupe.
There are so many different ways to shed superstition and dogma that this too is a source of amazement. We are quite an animal.
I hope you'll find our corner of the zoo interesting.
Looking forward to read you around the site.

Hello Lupe 

Welcome to the clear water of thought must be refreshing after the muddy waters of dogma!

i, sir saw janis joplin and big brother and the holding comany and after the show, thanks to my dad i met her and shook her hand in 1968 oct/nov

Hello again to all members of AU. First I want to apologize to everyone here for my obviously bad behavior  in my discussions with some members. I am really a good guy at heart, who had his buttons pushed the wrong way, If I could do it all over again, I would make wiser choices in my aggressive language. In anger management groups I was in, I learned 3 behaviors. One is passive, just not me. 2 is assertive, of which I know better than to go beyond that level. 3 is aggressive, which I made a bad choice to revert to,KNOWING I CANT go past assertive level. I have no excuses for how I acted. I know better, and it wont happen again.I PROMISE YOU! I wanna say thank you to those in power who reinstated me.I appreciate your gesture. Very Kind of you. Well now I gotta work on gettin my pic back on the board..Thank you all for your patience and understanding.  TeeCee  (Tim)

hello teecee

RSS

© 2022   Created by Atheist Universe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service